Jump to content
chaomomo

No 1920 resolution for WOWS and flickers if viewing window other than the game itself

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
7 posts

Hi all,

So I download and play WOWS through Microsoft store, there is no option for me to choose 1980 * 1080 resolution no matter in full-screen, windowed, borderless mode.
It was fine even without the resolution but it is very annoying that if i have Full Screen selected, I couldn't view other windows(alt-tab) as it will flicker like hell between the game 15xx resolution and my screen 1980 resolution and giving me headache.

Couldnt solve it through the Preference.xml. Does anyone have the problem?
Appreciate if anyone could help.

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
963
[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,543 posts
4,201 battles
7 minutes ago, chaomomo said:

Hi all,

So I download and play WOWS through Microsoft store, there is no option for me to choose 1980 * 1080 resolution no matter in full-screen, windowed, borderless mode.
It was fine even without the resolution but it is very annoying that if i have Full Screen selected, I couldn't view other windows(alt-tab) as it will flicker like hell between the game 15xx resolution and my screen 1980 resolution and giving me headache.

Couldnt solve it through the Preference.xml. Does anyone have the problem?
Appreciate if anyone could help.

Capture.PNG

Hi chaomomo, welcome to the World of Warships forum.

Are you looking for the 1920 x 1080 resolution? Try setting your aspect rato to 16:9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7 posts
6 minutes ago, Panbun said:

Hi chaomomo, welcome to the World of Warships forum.

Are you looking for the 1920 x 1080 resolution? Try setting your aspect rato to 16:9.

Tried that. It only gives me the option of 1536*864. No idea why. Any other solution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,544
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,236 posts
10,899 battles

Try setting it to full screen or full screen windowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7 posts
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Try setting it to full screen or full screen windowed.

 

Tried that as well. still only 15xx x 8xx resolution. Also tried to scroll down just in case I couldnt see the scroll bar using scroll wheel, page down or end, nope as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,544
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,236 posts
10,899 battles
4 minutes ago, chaomomo said:

 

Tried that as well. still only 15xx x 8xx resolution. Also tried to scroll down just in case I couldnt see the scroll bar using scroll wheel, page down or end, nope as well.

Check to make sure you are on the graphics card and not the integrated graphics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7 posts
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Check to make sure you are on the graphics card and not the integrated graphics.

If the game is smooth with the high setting, any chance that it runs with integrated graphics?
Well, just in case, how do i check that whether i am on the graphics card, not the integrated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,544
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,236 posts
10,899 battles
4 minutes ago, chaomomo said:

If the game is smooth with the high setting, any chance that it runs with integrated graphics?
Well, just in case, how do i check that whether i am on the graphics card, not the integrated?

In W10 right click on the desk top, Display Settings, Display Adapter Properties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58
[-AVA-]
Members
189 posts
9,528 battles

Don't know if this will be of any use, but I have a laptop with integrated Intel graphics along with a dedicated nVidia chip. I also use a 28" monitor so can select that as my dedicated screen through normal Windows graphics settings since my laptop itself doesn't do 1080p well enough for these old squinting eyes. I just had to make sure that the Intel graphics on the desktop was set to 16:9 and a 1080p supported mode so any game I played was able to work in those modes. Currently running 1600x900 in game that is a respectable balance of eye candy and performance for the rig I'm sporting.

Hope this is of some help. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[BS]
Members
1,376 posts
7,635 battles

I've only seen this happen when the game was set to windowed mode, could be a new bug... ZILLIONS of new bugs lately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,848
[RKLES]
Members
8,923 posts
10,828 battles
46 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

I've only seen this happen when the game was set to windowed mode, could be a new bug... ZILLIONS of new bugs lately

Yeah lot of new bugs lately, but to be fair I have noticed that some of the bugs are getting either resolved or a lot better so Wargaming is Definately working on fixing them. ( has to be Wargaming since nothing has changed from hardware or location on my end so Wargaming created some bugs and is obviously making some efforts to fix the bugs as well.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7 posts
10 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

In W10 right click on the desk top, Display Settings, Display Adapter Properties.

I only have the selection of Nvidia Graphic card, guess it is not integrated graphic's issue.
Just to remind that I use microsoft store's client, could that be a problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7 posts
7 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

I've only seen this happen when the game was set to windowed mode, could be a new bug... ZILLIONS of new bugs lately

It's just i hate the flickering when I try to do switch window with alt-tab, it flickers rapidly between my laptop's resolution and game's 15xx resolution, making my screen unusable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×