You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
seajackal

how is it possible

22 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
9,037 battles

How can a BB 1 shot me n sink me in my Clev. Not detected and was 15k stern facing him (he was broadside ) in a N Car.

This NOT the 1st time in my Budyonny a Lyon 1shot me I bow in ,my T 4n5 Am.cl same. I.M.H.O this is AIM [edited]or Aim Bots Its damn sure not luck or skill,I looked these guys up no winners here.

Members
4,723 posts
7,748 battles

I duuno.  Maybe big BB shells on a cruisers stern?  You said he was broadside. Hit you with a full salvo?  Not impossible.....seems to me. :Smile_sad:

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,605 battles

You see, large caliber shells and squishy cruiser armour tend to have a rather... explosive reaction.

• Cool 1

[5D5]
Members
2,672 posts
16,095 battles

Cruisers are very easy to citadel through the stern. Sounds like you caught more than one plus several other shells that did decent penetrating damage.

Before you call aimbots, etc. realize a full NC broadside with good RNG can easily incapacitate or kill your Cleveland.

Members
4,723 posts
7,748 battles
10 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Cruisers are very easy to citadel through the stern. Sounds like you caught more than one plus several other shells that did decent penetrating damage.

Before you call aimbots, etc. realize a full NC broadside with good RNG can easily incapacitate or kill your Cleveland.

Ditto.  Sterns are vulnerable. Sunk a lot of ships that way.  Shells can go right into the innards of a ship causing big plosions. That is a reason I hate to have to turn and retreat.  Exposes that azz. 

Edited by dmckay

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,543 posts
4,201 battles

Were you detected at all in the moments leading up to getting sunk? And how were you moving? The NC may have been able to predict your movement, especially if you were moving in a straight line.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,212 posts
10,893 battles
33 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I duuno.  Maybe big BB shells on a cruisers stern?  You said he was broadside. Hit you with a full salvo?  Not impossible.....seems to me. :Smile_sad:

Not impossible, I have been vaporized by BB's when highly angled in full health cruisers so maybe not the full broadside but a good percentage of it. All it takes is for RNGesus to smile on the shooter and frown on the target with little dispersion.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,192 posts
11,682 battles

shots gone through your main guns into your cit = devastating strike (bb shells full salvo even more deadly) = RIP

conclusion: please have replay ready and record this next time, as you had stated that it happen to you = probability that it will happen again and we would love to see how you angle as you had stated or is it differently

Members
31 posts
9,037 battles

the KEY 2 words here is  "NOT DETECTED"  not seen, where abouts unknown . I was making an end around run, out flanking turning to get an angle call it what u will,but ur not going to tell me people don't use aim botts (get yours on you tube) and for ME n only ME its ruining the game.I was on my way to a cracken now this little imp is in his basement playing with himself(on the computer) saying I sunk him You put time into something to improve yourself and it 's to no avail with a bott or botts in game 

Edited by seajackal
fix type

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,192 posts
11,682 battles
9 minutes ago, seajackal said:

the KEY 2 words here is  "NOT DETECTED"  not seen, where abouts unknown

do you have replay to prove this?

How do you know for sure "not detected"? what evidences? other then your angry wording and in-coherent in your sentences that make no sense. If it does make sense, you are blaming other player who is actually BETTER then you and can devastated you in 1 shot.

Can you accept the fact that other player/s are BETTER then you? provided that he in t8 and you are t6?

so instead of giving a tantrum, how about replay and prove it. Move on

Members
31 posts
9,037 battles
18 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

How do you know for sure "not detected"? what evidences? other then your angry wording and in-coherent in your sentences that make no sense. If it does make sense, you are blaming other player who is actually BETTER then you and can devastated you in 1 shot.

Can you accept the fact that other player/s are BETTER then you? provided that he in t8 and you are t6?

You move on I post what I want here u don't have to read or answer it If I want to vent here II will.I wouldn't  talk about 18 or 16 with a name tag like yours .I was undetected for awhile was turning to get behind mountain I'am not good at this game so I don't make videos 

• Bad 2

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,192 posts
11,682 battles
13 minutes ago, seajackal said:

I want to vent here II will

good luck and fair sea

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
103 posts
3,864 battles
16 hours ago, pmgaudio said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

15 hours ago, seajackal said:

the KEY 2 words here is  "NOT DETECTED"  not seen, where abouts unknown . I was making an end around run, out flanking turning to get an angle call it what u will,but ur not going to tell me people don't use aim botts (get yours on you tube) and for ME n only ME its ruining the game.I was on my way to a cracken now this little imp is in his basement playing with himself(on the computer) saying I sunk him You put time into something to improve yourself and it 's to no avail with a bott or botts in game 

15 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Harsh crowd, but you also brought it upon yourself by your opening statement. You are obviously upset at the game mechanics and other players (Not bots from Co-Op) taking advantage of you in what you hoped was a good moment. Hopefully you're learning the advantage of PVP vs Co-oP is you have opponents that are not using an aimbot mechanism because in PVE your opponents have actual abilities to think and plan what your next move is. In Co-Op, I have a very high average, but I also can predict their next moves and kill them easier, especially in the scripted weekly missions. The AI run a scripted route, have scripted routines and there's a scripted outcome.

In PVP, Murphy's Law is in full effect and often is the rule of the seas. Are there players with aim-bots? I have yet to see actual proof of this anywhere. Instead, some players mount better cross hairs that help with predicting more accurately where their opponent will be when they fire the next salvo. I have used them, but find that once I figure out how to lead, change angle of the gun deflection and elevation based on targets movement, I no longer needed the modded cross hairs. The only bots I have seen are the actual ships programmed to sail around and not do much, hoping the match is a win, so the player gets cheaply earned credits, for little work.

A better technique in all ships when maneuvering away, is to continue to swing your aft end back and forth, while occasionally continuing right or left and not becoming predictable. I too have been one/two shot vaporized because I was not zigging when I should have been zagging. Also, unless you are kiting, stop firing to enable you to break their visual contact too.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,626 battles
1 hour ago, seajackal said:

1 hour ago, seajackal said:

You move on I post what I want here u don't have to read or answer it If I want to vent here II will.I wouldn't  talk about 18 or 16 with a name tag like yours .I was undetected for awhile was turning to get behind mountain I'am not good at this game so I don't make videos 

KEgThEE.gif

not entirely sure exactly what you are actually trying to make us think you are having an issue with, but you CAN be shot and hit, even killed without being "DETECTED" "SEEN" etc etc,,, and NO.... no aimbot.... people like YOU need to know what an AIMBOT is and WHY you cannot actually realistically use one in a SERVER SIDE GAME... for one...impossible>? not but you would be caught immediately and "hacking" a server-side game would affect EVERYONE connected to it when any code is changed.... but that is another topic and discussion all together and not what this is about...

And your detection alert goes off but two or three seconds will pass before the enemy no longer sees you, so...
There are things that apparently you need to research and look for to learn what is actually happening and that no one is cheating you and it is not magic.....
or is it.....

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[B-K-N]
Members
21 posts
5,275 battles
Another thing to consider was who else was around you?  You indicated you were in the process of moving or had moved behind an island, were you in line with or close to another ship on your team?  Was there another reason for folks to be shooting in your area?  I have in several games been screening a damaged BB with AA in my Cleveland as it moved behind an island, he then got spotted from elsewhere. I was aligned with that ship and he was shot at over the island by an enemy BB but that player overshot and hit me instead.  In one case I can recall it very nearly sank me in several other cases I was citadelled by one or two shells.

As others noted you don't have to be seen to be killed.

[PVE]
Members
8,143 posts
14,229 battles

OP while you weren't detected at the time you said if you had been detected just prior your last know position can show on the mini map and a player with skill can use that to shoot you while undetected. It is possible the NC had seen you before and made a guess as to where you were going and got lucky too like shooting into smoke.

As far as the damage done. Cleveland is NOT a tough Cruiser even though some call it that. It is very squishy and easily taken out just like all T6 Cruisers. It might be one of the toughest at that tier but that isn't saying much frankly.  T5 and T6 BB's can easily 1 shot a Cleveland never mind a T8 NC with those super accurate and hard hitting 16"/406MM.

Most likely it hit you on the flat part of the stern and some shells went straight into you for citadels and you went poof. It also might have got you with plunging fire through the deck.  Even at 15km NC has some pretty high shell arcs. Another possibility is hitting you in the turret barbettes and a resulting hit to your magazine.

Many ways an NC could citadel and instadelete a Cleveland with 1 salvo. That is no shocker or real mystery. I wish we could see a reply so we know what lead up to your demise in the preceding moments before the NC shot. It is even possible for the briefest of moments you were detected and didn't notice it too.

Before I looked to call cheating with an aim bot I would take another look at what happened and make sure it wasn't just luck or even normal and you missed something. We all make mistakes and get lolpenned. No shame in it and it isn't cheating. Cheating with something like an aim bot is very hard to darn near impossible in this game as everything is on WG's end and they take that really serious and would catch it if someone hacked their server. There are things that can be manipulated to resemble cheating though like the last know position on the mini map thing that needs to be addressed.

[TDG]
Members
1,613 posts
7,825 battles

I would add that it is one thing if you had NEVER been detected.  However, since you mentioned a Kraken on the line, I will assume you had been seen by someone before you were hit.  15km is a long flight for NC fire.  He could easily have aimed the shot, you dropped off detection while he waited out the gun cooldown, then he fired at the predicted location.  (This is all assuming that you had dropped from visibility before he pulled the trigger.  That flight time is over 10 seconds.)

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,143 posts
14,229 battles
6 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I would add that it is one thing if you had NEVER been detected.  However, since you mentioned a Kraken on the line, I will assume you had been seen by someone before you were hit.  15km is a long flight for NC fire.  He could easily have aimed the shot, you dropped off detection while he waited out the gun cooldown, then he fired at the predicted location.  (This is all assuming that you had dropped from visibility before he pulled the trigger.  That flight time is over 10 seconds.)

Another good point.With NC's high arcs and floaty shells it takes forever and a day for them to get to the target and finally drop.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
On 3/25/2018 at 4:43 PM, seajackal said:

• You're detected
  • Enemy battleship from a long way out, say 17 or 18 km, sees you and carefully aims
  • Enemy battleship fires just as you go undetected, perhaps a second after
  • You are now "Undetected", but the fired battleship salvo is already airborne and inbound
  • Roughly eleven or twelve seconds later, you are still undetected, but that carefully aimed slavo strikes home and shortens your game.

This scenario happens virtually every match, to every ship type.  Not just you.  Just because you go invisible doesn't mean anyone aiming at you instantly forgets about you, or that any ordnance already sent your way suddenly stops.

Think twice before calling hax just because you got shot.  There are many experienced players who have been playing this game for a very long time now and know what they are doing.

[AFW]
Beta Testers
1,702 posts
17,001 battles

Bottom line [edited], go read Gunnery & Armor Penetration. Its looks like you have learned nothing and love taking repeated stern shots and deserve a cowards death. also sounds like you fail to setup properly and cannot be depended on in a pinch and run away. Detonated happens but you fail to improve your game and probably run in a straight lines and make it easy to delete. Can i say it, Operator Error    Go watch some YouTube to see how good players make it while not showing their six.

Edited by Dah_Bears268
  • Bad 1