Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

How in the world does WG think Sunday is better than Friday for CB?

13 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
4,298 posts
10,967 battles

It seems like Sunday is always low participation for CB a lot of the time. Friday seems like an obvious choice for CB. Why in the world would we not have CB on Friday, yet have them on Sunday?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
646 posts
9,730 battles

There are pros and cons to both Sunday and Friday. Sunday kind of makes more sense to me over Friday but that is just my opinion.

[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts

Probably because they wanted people to not have to blow their friday nights for this game as well.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,698 posts
7,349 battles

You either blow your Friday night, which is traditionally a date or family night and end of the work week for most and those are looking to get out and away, not stuck sitting down playing a game....or....you blow your Sunday night, which is traditionally a family get together night, go to church day, the night before the start of a new work week, so each has its own downfalls or benefits, but for the most part they both suck as far as CB nights.

Guess it boils down to whoever is willing to give up the least for CB or have to deal with the least amount of hassle at home because of the night and CB.

Now that I wrote that and sit back and re-read it, I am sure am glad its not a choice I have to make. lol  Personally, if I were participating, I'd rather see CB be Monday through Thursday and leave the weekend totally out of it.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
992 posts
11,167 battles

If they have more CB times/days available, it doesn't mean you have to participate every single time/window CB is on but will let more people play who otherwise cannot make it to the current windows they have CB available. 

[Y0L0]
Members
9,573 posts
11,996 battles

because WG  thinks most of us are  young hipsters.     I guess giving  that illusion makes some of the players feel better as they  hug their waifu pillow  :cap_haloween:

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Why Does the Sun rise in the East?

Why is the water on our planet both salt and fresh?

Why Is the Sky Blue when it isn't Grey?

Why is it not Dark at Noon?/Light at Midnight?

Why when a person Dies you can't hear them talk?

Why can't UFO's be Proven?

Why haven't Aliens Taken over yet?

Why can't humans travel at the speed of light yet?

Where are our Flying Cars?

Why does the Wolfman only change during a FULL MOON? 

I have so many questions.

Why is that?

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,591 posts
12,334 battles
15 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Why Does the Sun rise in the East? 

Why is the water on our planet both salt and fresh?

Why is it not Dark at Noon?/Light at Midnight?

Why when a person Dies you can't hear them talk?

Why can't UFO's be Proven?

Why haven't Aliens Taken over yet?

Why can't humans travel at the speed of light yet?

Where are our Flying Cars?

Why does the Wolfman only change during a FULL MOON? 

I have so many questions.

Why is that?

1. the earth rotates right

Earth’s oceans first formed about 3.8 billion years ago, as the surface of the planet cooled enough to allow water vapour to liquify, the oceans were mostly fresh water. So where did all the salt come from?

It came from rock, laden with elemental salts including sodium, chlorine and potassium, that was spewed forth as magmatic material by massive volcanos from the depths of the planet

XYZ color coordinates in terms of spectral response

• Cool 1

Members
4,723 posts
7,872 battles
9 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

1. the earth rotates right

Earth’s oceans first formed about 3.8 billion years ago, as the surface of the planet cooled enough to allow water vapour to liquify, the oceans were mostly fresh water. So where did all the salt come from?

It came from rock, laden with elemental salts including sodium, chlorine and potassium, that was spewed forth as magmatic material by massive volcanos from the depths of the planet

XYZ color coordinates in terms of spectral response

I just learned more about the earth's geology in 10 secs than I did in science class when in college. Tks.

Edited by dmckay

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,195 posts
11,696 battles
20 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I though this is the reflection of approximately 75% of the earth are ocean up at the atmosphere and back 

Members
511 posts
16,294 battles
12 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

I though this is the reflection of approximately 75% of the earth are ocean up at the atmosphere and back 

Nope.

The sky is blue (and also red/orange at dawn and dusk) because of Rayleigh scattering.

Light coming in from the sun gets scattered by small particles in the air, especially nitrogen and oxygen molecules since they are the most abundant. This scattering is heavily dependent on the wavelength of the light and is inversely proportional. This means the shorter the wavelenght, the more the scattering.

Since blue colour is on the far side of the short wavelenght spectrum of visible light (to the human eye), it gets scattered the most, while those with longer wavelenghts like red, gets scattered the least. This intense scattering of blue wavelenghts gets diffused in the atmosphere and gives the sky the appearance of being blue.

The same mechanism is also responsible for why the sky looks red(-ish) when the Sun is nearer to the horizon. Light rays coming from the Sun has to travel a longer distance through the densest parts of the atmosphere and gets scattered a lot, so its mostly the longer wavelenghts (orange-red) that interact with particles in the air the least that ends up reaching your eye.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,195 posts
11,696 battles
6 hours ago, yacskn said:

Rayleigh scattering

i was just been sarcastic!

Sign in to follow this