Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ImperiumDylan

What playstyles are there and what ships and ship lines suit them the best?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

136
[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles

Really need to learn to adapt playstyle to individual ships, because the lines dont have a true uniformity to them.

Also playstyle needs to be moderated by enemy composition, your teams actions, the map you are on, the mode of battle....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
Members
4,723 posts
7,872 battles

My playstyle in any ship is to attack, attack, attack, attack.  If I see my team is cowardly and not attacking I run, run, run, run. I find myself running a lot in this game. 

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,991
[-K-]
Supertester
3,131 posts
7,010 battles

We have tanks, scouts and hybrids.  Tanks deal damage, tank damage and repair their own damage.  Scouts find other ships to shoot at and do sneaky ninja stuff.  Then we have hybrids who don't do as much damage as tanks, but they don't heal as much as tanks either, so they are balanced.  Some of the hybrids think they are scouts and others think they are tanks.  But there is no substitute for a tank or a scout except if you're a hybrid, which if played right, is better than a tank or a scout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,640
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,635 battles
Just now, Pope_Shizzle said:

We have tanks, scouts and hybrids.  Tanks deal damage, tank damage and repair their own damage.  Scouts find other ships to shoot at and do sneaky ninja stuff.  Then we have hybrids who don't do as much damage as tanks, but they don't heal as much as tanks either, so they are balanced.  Some of the hybrids think they are scouts and others think they are tanks.  But there is no substitute for a tank or a scout except if you're a hybrid, which if played right, is better than a tank or a scout.

what battle mode are YOU playing... LOL....
Tanks sit in back and cowar..... Scouts go everywhere but SCOUTING.... and hybrids hide behind islands....
I want to play YOUR game....

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
563
[WDS]
Members
1,532 posts
8,270 battles

I play the Scharnhorst a lot . My play style is I deal a little damage , I tank a lot of damage and then I sink . I'm working on a new play style .

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
Members
4,723 posts
7,872 battles
7 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I play the Scharnhorst a lot . My play style is I deal a little damage , I tank a lot of damage and then I sink . I'm working on a new play style .

Get CLOSE to red ship. Don't play it far back.  It is NOT a long range killer.  Get close and secondaries kick in and use your fast torps and guns.  You have 3 ways to mess up a red. When you get close, and I mean 6km or under, you become a beast. If you get close to another BB and still have health left it's not hard to kill them. I am an average player but I think my win rate in Scharn is now almost 54%......cause I now get CLOSE.  She is a hell of a knife fighter.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
563
[WDS]
Members
1,532 posts
8,270 battles

I totally agree with you dmckay I was playing around if any thing I tend to get too aggressive with her . I'm trying to improve my survival rate in the hope it will bring up WR% .

Edited by clammboy
left a word out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
Members
4,723 posts
7,872 battles
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

I totally agree with you dmckay I was playing around if any thing I tend to get too aggressive with her . I'm trying to improve my survival rate in the hope it will bring up WR% .

Good luck!  Try and get close to red ship and try to do it without being too low on health. I kill BBs with her all the time....especially if I can catch one that is alone. But you cannot be so low on health that 1 salvo will kill ya. I focus on cruisers and BBs. Preferably IMO let your DDs and cruisers kill red DDs.  I don't much chase DDs around with her  Just my style and my opinion. If you are under 4 km from a BB set your torps on narrow spread....they are fast and you can hardly miss. It's FUN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
167
[BSL]
Members
911 posts
15,425 battles

I play stupid...so I play Scharn!:Smile_izmena:

 

P.S.  I'm not trolling.  I lose my brain when playing frequently, and Scharn is the most forgiving ship.

Edited by BearlyHereBear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
376
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,195 posts
11,696 battles
1 hour ago, ImperiumDylan said:

I want to know whats best for what playstyle?

did you do your own research by actually, physically visit each sub-forum, use the search function and check out all posts or related post about the line?

 

It help a lot before get in here and asked question that already been answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
623
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,505 posts
4,404 battles

OP, have you tried the wiki?

Look under the each ship class and line, and you can read up on the characteristics of different class/line of ships.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
541
Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

Ships attack in three ways: Alpha, DoT, and DPM.

They survive in three ways: Armor, Agility, and Stealth

And they do this from three ranges: Brawling, Mid-range, and Support.

Now pick one main and one minor attribute from each list that you like. There will be a ship to match it. Optimally you use the major attribute, but you can use the minor. The third unlisted attribute will likely get you killed or render you ineffective. The minor attribute is not the best idea but works very well under specific circumstances. Some combinations make for specific roles. DPM/Stealth/Brawling means you fight for caps. DoT/Agility/Support means you probably spam fires from the back.

Conqueror: Alpha+DoT, Stealth+Armor, Support+Brawling

Khabarovsk: DPM+DoT, Agility+Stealth, Support+Mid-range

Hindenburg: DPM+DoT, Agility+Armor, Support+Brawling

Shimakaze: Alpha+Dot, Stealth+Agility, Mid-range+Brawling(lol)

Gearing: DPM+Alpha, Stealth+Agility, Brawling+Mid-range

Most lines have a wide spread and tend to evolve significantly over the tiers.

The best way to understand it is simply to play.

And this doesn't even include utility.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,620
[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts

Play the game, and actually figure out your own play style? Try a couple lines and find one that works for you?

Everyone can give advice, and everyone has an opinion......expecting someone else to guide you probably isn't going to work as well as just playing and learning....

And honestly, you're creating your own problem, being the poster child for WG's wallet milking....:Smile_amazed:

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136
[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles
19 minutes ago, X15 said:

Ships attack in three ways: Alpha, DoT, and DPM.

They survive in three ways: Armor, Agility, and Stealth

And they do this from three ranges: Brawling, Mid-range, and Support.

Now pick one main and one minor attribute from each list that you like. There will be a ship to match it. Optimally you use the major attribute, but you can use the minor. The third unlisted attribute will likely get you killed or render you ineffective. The minor attribute is not the best idea but works very well under specific circumstances. Some combinations make for specific roles. DPM/Stealth/Brawling means you fight for caps. DoT/Agility/Support means you probably spam fires from the back.

Conqueror: Alpha+DoT, Stealth+Armor, Support+Brawling

Khabarovsk: DPM+DoT, Agility+Stealth, Support+Mid-range

Hindenburg: DPM+DoT, Agility+Armor, Support+Brawling

Shimakaze: Alpha+Dot, Stealth+Agility, Mid-range+Brawling(lol)

Gearing: DPM+Alpha, Stealth+Agility, Brawling+Mid-range

Most lines have a wide spread and tend to evolve significantly over the tiers.

The best way to understand it is simply to play.

And this doesn't even include utility.

 

This is a quality post, bit only references high tier ships. The OPs question seems to be geared at a low tier level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,640
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,635 battles
49 minutes ago, X15 said:

Ships attack in three ways: Alpha, DoT, and DPM.

They survive in three ways: Armor, Agility, and Stealth

And they do this from three ranges: Brawling, Mid-range, and Support.

Now pick one main and one minor attribute from each list that you like. There will be a ship to match it. Optimally you use the major attribute, but you can use the minor. The third unlisted attribute will likely get you killed or render you ineffective. The minor attribute is not the best idea but works very well under specific circumstances. Some combinations make for specific roles. DPM/Stealth/Brawling means you fight for caps. DoT/Agility/Support means you probably spam fires from the back.

Conqueror: Alpha+DoT, Stealth+Armor, Support+Brawling

Khabarovsk: DPM+DoT, Agility+Stealth, Support+Mid-range

Hindenburg: DPM+DoT, Agility+Armor, Support+Brawling

Shimakaze: Alpha+Dot, Stealth+Agility, Mid-range+Brawling(lol)

Gearing: DPM+Alpha, Stealth+Agility, Brawling+Mid-range

Most lines have a wide spread and tend to evolve significantly over the tiers.

The best way to understand it is simply to play.

And this doesn't even include utility.

 

THIS!!!

 

also...
Hindenburg...Left click+battle...... LOL

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
541
Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles
3 hours ago, c3shooter said:

This is a quality post, bit only references high tier ships. The OPs question seems to be geared at a low tier level.

Minekaze: Alpha+DoT, Stealth+Agility, Midrange+Brawl   ~A pure blooded assassin, you avoid any detection and drop torps as often as possible/

Pheonix: DPM+DoT, Agility+Stealth, Support+Midrange    ~Mash WASD and LMB. Win.

Kongo: Alpha+DPM, Armor+Agility, Midrange+Brawl   ~An up armored Battlecruiser, use speed to get in position and drop lead refrigerators on unaware people.

Mikassa: DoT+Alpha, Armor+Agility(i cry), Brawl+Midrange   ~W, Ctrl+LMB, pray.

Nurnberg: DPM+DoT, Agility+Stealth, Support+Midrange  ~Follow Pheonix steps, press 2.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,242
Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I mainly drive Cruisers. My (involuntary) playstyle is to support Green BBs by drawing fire from every Red BB in range of me so that said Red BBs don't shoot at the Green BBs. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×