You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thornir

5 wins in a row. Who to blame?

16 comments in this topic

Members
2,453 posts
5,206 battles

I mean, I just don't know what to do, here...

I mean, I blame the MM when I lose, right? cuz no way it's my fault when the MM puts all those skanks/scrubs/noobs/tomatoes/potatoes/<insert other preferred derogatory term for teammates here> on my team, amiright?

And I mean, these were good wins - 50k damage, 1700+ base XP, lots of caps, lived to the end, a kill here and there...but that would mean I played well, and then it wouldn't be the MM's fault, so then I couldn't blame MM when I lose, cuz that would be just pure hypocrisy, so THAT can't be it...

The MM must be paying me back for all my losses lately! Yeah! That must be it!

image.png.e3da0e0e6c093ee0a0c9e7b41c02ad01.png

Except...well gosh, haven't HAD a lot of losses lately...I don't division, so no one else is pulling me down or helping me win...hmm...

dark.png

Maybe...just maybe...there are games I'm going to win no matter what I do, and games I'm going to lose no matter what I do, and my personal WR is based on what I do in the games I can make a difference in, and maybe those games get all mixed together, and I win some, lose some, have win streaks and have losing streaks (my longest losing streak in the last year is 4, btw) just like you'd expect to see in a Poisson distribution! Maybe we just get the WR we earn (when playing solo, anyway)!

Some of you guys and your tinfoil  hat theories based on psuedo-maths/anecdotal evidence/confirmation bias "facts" about MM rigging are just killin' me...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[FML]
Members
2,457 posts
11,855 battles
2 minutes ago, Thornir said:

I mean, I blame the MM when I lose, right? cuz no way it's my fault when the MM puts all those skanks/scrubs/noobs/tomatoes/potatoes/<insert other preferred derogatory term for teammates here> on my team, amiright?

And I mean, these were good wins - 50k damage, 1700+ base XP, lots of caps, lived to the end, a kill here and there...but that would mean I played well, and then it wouldn't be the MM's fault, so then I couldn't blame MM when I lose, cuz that would be just pure hypocrisy, so THAT can't be it...

Except...well gosh, haven't HAD a lot of losses lately...I don't division, so no one else is pulling me down or helping me win...hmm...

dark.png

Maybe...just maybe...there are games I'm going to win no matter what I do, and games I'm going to lose no matter what I do, and my personal WR is based on what I do in the games I can make a difference in, and maybe those games get all mixed together, and I win some, lose some, have win streaks and have losing streaks (my longest losing streak in the last year is 4, btw) just like you'd expect to see in a Poisson distribution! Maybe we just get the WR we earn (when playing solo, anyway)!

Some of you guys and your tinfoil  hat theories based on psuedo-maths/anecdotal evidence/confirmation bias "facts" about MM rigging are just killin' me...

You’ve jinxed yourself. Enjoy the upcoming losing streak ;-)

Edit: No one treats MM with such disdain and has a good time (for long). Tempting fate is a dangerous thing; you know how superstitious sailors are!

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Cool 2

Members
2,453 posts
5,206 battles
12 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

You’ve jinxed yourself. Enjoy the upcoming losing streak ;-)

Oh, I am sure you're right. I am going to burn in WR hell for this heresy! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edit for your edit: Oh hey, listen. It's worse than that. I was a Sailor AND a helicopter pilot. We didn't appease the gods before take off, we went in the drink!  :etc_swear:

Edited by Thornir
  • Funny 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, Thornir said:

dark.png

Blame the MM, Curse the RNG. {Take this Karma and Shove it}

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
631 posts
4,525 battles

Search the forum...there’s prolly a “MM Hates Me” or “Weekend Potatos My Teams Suck” thread that explains your wins

• Funny 1

Members
2,453 posts
5,206 battles
Just now, missile742 said:

Search the forum...there’s prolly a “MM Hates Me” or “Weekend Potatos My Teams Suck” thread that explains your wins

Any what don't require the hat? Tinfoil blocks the voices...

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles
7 minutes ago, Thornir said:

dark.png

Blame MM.

Its only heresy if you think MM is out to get YOU. It is still logical if it put you in unbalanced teams via ships.

Members
2,453 posts
5,206 battles

Eh, pretty even. One game, my team had more DDs, they had more radar, another it was the opposite. One game, their DD players had emblems! We didn't! They had more radars! We won, anyway. No T7's on either team, which was interesting.

Members
2,453 posts
5,206 battles
14 minutes ago, Destroyer_ShimakazeChan said:

Blame the teams you were on for being better than the enemy 

WERE my teams better? Does the better team ALWAYS win? How do we measure "better"? Solo WR? WTR? Better WR in the ship played? I don't know. 

Members
2,453 posts
5,206 battles
Just now, Cruiser_ChoukaiKaiNi said:

image.png.6ea89ee05c0d4793a975dda596079310.png

Best answer so far! :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1

Supertester
2,169 posts
9,234 battles
46 minutes ago, Thornir said:

WERE my teams better? Does the better team ALWAYS win? How do we measure "better"? Solo WR? WTR? Better WR in the ship played? I don't know. 

Measure it any way you want. I just see which team makes more dumb moves than the other

Members
2,453 posts
5,206 battles

Oh, and for all the "horrible players on weekends screw up my games!" conspirators?

4-0 Saturday, 5-0 Sunday.

75% WR last weekend.

If the teams are bad for one, they'd have to be bad for all, right? I'd have had bad teams at least once in 9 games, right?

This really is too small a sample size to state there're no problems with player skill on weekends. It's also too small to say there is. We'll see the threads anyway, with less evidence than this.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles

Congrats...with a little ..ok a lot a luck bordering on miracle, your win  streak could go on indefinitely .....

hand on let me check my crystal ball ... checking...Oh my word !!! You going to ....

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,068 posts
4,926 battles

As I have said many a time in WoT:

Go home, MM, you're sober.