You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rhialto

Aigle Marathon Curse

21 comments in this topic

[OTG]
Beta Testers
1 post
4,628 battles

I am at 17/18 of the missions to accomplish the damn marathon and of course screwed since I missed some due to being away from home. Such a damn curse it is and I wish they would put one more damn mission up so I could have a chance to finally finish a marathon. Sucks that if you miss a few, you lose out.

• Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

I bought mine on day 1 and have really enjoyed the complete lack of inevitable frustration you seem to be experiencing. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,282 battles

"Sucks that if you miss a few, you miss out"

You could miss eight and still complete it.  You missed nine.  Nine is more than "a few".

If you only have to complete 70% of the tasks, there will be those who are upset because they only managed 65%.

If you only have to complete 20% of the tasks, there will be those who are upset because they only managed 15%.

It doesn't matter how high or how low the bar, some will miss it and they will be pissy about it.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
10,095 posts
19,494 battles
8 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

It doesn't matter how high or how low the bar, some will miss it and they will be pissy about it.

I can agree with this, yet still sympathize with those whose complaints prompt such a comment.

16 minutes ago, galspanic said:

I bought mine on day 1 and have really enjoyed the complete lack of inevitable frustration you seem to be experiencing. 

My solution was 'neither.'

Partly this was due to LWM's review, but mostly due to my have done several of these before; and stupidly stressing out, as well as the usual; "When you try to do 'X,' you will only manage to work on 'Y.' When you switch; it will be the opposite," syndrome.

Besides; I have a huge mob of ships in my port; and things are starting to look like the old Naval Reserve Fleet in Suisun Bay, since many of them rarely get used. I doubt I'm going to miss one more destroyer.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,230 posts
14,211 battles

Knowing my work schedule, I bought her.

I was able to get 17 missions done.

Yesterday I played 40+ matches trying to get 2 fires, 2 cits and a win in one match.

Constantly got 2 out of 3.....

[SALVO]
Members
20,141 posts
19,989 battles

I've managed to complete every single one of the Aigle tasks, including those even after I'd completed the necessary 18.  It wasn't that difficult.  Of course, if you're not at home in front of your PC, it is just a bit difficult to complete them then.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,370 posts
10,928 battles
2 hours ago, Rhialto said:

I am at 17/18 of the missions to accomplish the damn marathon and of course screwed since I missed some due to being away from home. Such a damn curse it is and I wish they would put one more damn mission up so I could have a chance to finally finish a marathon. Sucks that if you miss a few, you lose out.

There were two missions for this weekend, 500 ribbons and two fires plus two citadels plus winning, Just work on the 500 ribbons mission.If you are saying you are at 17/18 after doing those two you missed too many but in you still have them left work on the 500 ribbon mission. Pull out your CL's and pew pew pew. It took me three matches using my Minotaur and my Belfast.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
2 hours ago, Rhialto said:

We can't have it all, mate.  No point in getting so salty about it.  Live with it.

[BUNNY]
Members
238 posts
8,842 battles
1 hour ago, galspanic said:

Me too. No regrets

[DPG]
Members
1,339 posts
5,789 battles

I like the idea of getting free ships from doing missions, but I hate that they make me do things I don't normally do.  Play well for example.

• Funny 4

Members
4 posts
1,971 battles
5 hours ago, Rhialto said:

Members
4 posts
1,971 battles

I’m at a TOTAL LOSS AS WELL!!!! 17/18 done. They said the last mission would be for 2 fires and 2 citedels. For the 25 mission which I did today. Then I click on the final mission on the website it says mission 26 is the same mission. “That started on the 23rd!!!!! Which isn’t available to me!!!!! Huh? They better have a mission up tomorrow “the final day” or I’m gonna delete my account and WG can lose fans and money 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Knowing my work schedule, I bought her.

I was able to get 17 missions done.

Yesterday I played 40+ matches trying to get 2 fires, 2 cits and a win in one match.

Constantly got 2 out of 3.....

Meatloaf sings Two out of three ain't Bad

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
772 posts
10,929 battles

The boat is not worth money or all this angst. Clever marketing scheme, but third rate "free" premiums makes me want to play less and less.

[MMC]
Members
135 posts
396 battles

Didn’t even look at the Aigle marathon, too busy grinding Alsace, which is by all accounts a very good ship and also “free” for the earning. I’m sure I’ll get Aigle in a Christmas crate anyway, just like I’ve gotten every other premium DD* in the game. I’m a degenerate gambler come the holidays.

*Forgot that I did the missions for the Vampire, but I really wanted that one, and Kamikaze R, of course. But all the others...

Edited by kagero__
Vampire

[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,282 battles
48 minutes ago, Wopman76 said:

I’m at a TOTAL LOSS AS WELL!!!! 17/18 done. They said the last mission would be for 2 fires and 2 citedels. For the 25 mission which I did today. Then I click on the final mission on the website it says mission 26 is the same mission. “That started on the 23rd!!!!! Which isn’t available to me!!!!! Huh? They better have a mission up tomorrow “the final day” or I’m gonna delete my account and WG can lose fans and money 

How 'bout this:  Google "WoWS Aigle missions".

You will see exactly what the requirements were, from before Day 1, Mission 1.

It ain't rocket science.  WG didn't keep it a secret.  I sincerely hope you can earn Aigle for free.  Despite some reviews, she is a good ship.  Good luck.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,194 posts
11,696 battles
5 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Yesterday I played 40+ matches trying to get 2 fires, 2 cits and a win in one match

1 minute ago, Player_7629970598 said:

I am going with Gneisenau or Myoko.  Any ideas on other better options?

easily done in the EmileBertin (EB) (she can cit Omaha and other EM, she had high fire % chances, she is fast and can do dd hunting, contribute to a win)

500 ribbons = chappy (high rate of firing 150 each per game- 4 games given or take)

I already got the Aigle last week given or take

[HINON]
Members
2,886 posts
20,631 battles

I feel you amigo. Back during Project R, I missed a free Kamikaze-R by 1 pearl. :-( 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,230 posts
14,211 battles

Finally did it.

Heavy tier 4 match.

Julio Cesar. 

4 cits 5 fires and a win in 8 minutes. 

Got roughly 5 mil credits, free port slot and captain.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
20 hours ago, galspanic said:

Is it wrong of me to laugh really hard at your replay