Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ikeystonei

My First

17 comments in this topic

Members
319 posts
5,573 battles

Played rather extensively yesterday for the first time in a couple of months.  Started with this captain yesterday evening at 20k towards level 19, finished this morning.  It's been a long road, for an older guy, not so agile on the keyboard, but quite ok with being a 50% player.

19 Pt Commander 3-25-18.jpg

Edited by ikeystonei
  • Cool 6

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
36 minutes ago, ikeystonei said:

Played rather extensively yesterday for the first time in a couple of months.  Started with this captain yesterday evening at 20k towards level 19, finished this morning.  It's been a long road, for an older guy, not so agile on the keyboard, but quite ok with being a 50% player.

19 Pt Commander 3-25-18.jpg

Congrats

[RLGN]
Members
10,056 posts
19,462 battles
28 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Nice, now they will start multiplying.

If you play Ships like some 20, 30, 40k games lunatic over on Tanks? Perhaps...

Otherwise, not so much.

Members
319 posts
5,573 battles

Thanks to you all for the comments.   This game is definitely not as easy as some of those we see on Youtube make it look.  Especially for an old fart like me.  As long as you're having fun, eh???

• Cool 1

Members
1,376 posts
8,793 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If you play Ships like some 20, 30, 40k games lunatic over on Tanks? Perhaps...

Otherwise, not so much.

No, elite captains really do build on each other fairly quickly. 

Having a high level captain makes a significant difference in your individual performance, which means earning more experience per game.  When your captain is elite, that experience is directly transferable to other captains.  You never have to play a game with a low level captain again because you can just play some games with your elite captain and feed the exp to the new guy.

Your first elite captain can be used to push another one or two captains over the finish line fairly quickly, and once you have multiple elite captains, playing a game or two with each of them will quickly build your pool of elite experience.  It builds steam rapidly.  I can't remember the last time I played a game with less than 10 skill points on my captain because the elite exp is always there when I need it, and my first elite captain has now turned into 5, with 2 more nearly done.

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles
15 minutes ago, ikeystonei said:

Thanks to you all for the comments.   This game is definitely not as easy as some of those we see on Youtube make it look.  Especially for an old fart like me.  As long as you're having fun, eh???

Congrats on your first one! I fully agree, as long as you're having fun. I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the game! :)

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

Congrats man, hope you have a premium ship or two. Running that guy at T10 will be expensive to grind out elite xp.

Edited by SavageTactical

[RLGN]
Members
10,056 posts
19,462 battles
2 hours ago, Vaidency said:

can't remember the last time I played a game with less than 10 skill points on my captain because the elite exp is always there when I need it, and my first elite captain has now turned into 5, with 2 more nearly done.

One per Tree myself; with extras for USN and IJN.

Still don’t consider that the points accumulate that fast.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
774 posts
6,704 battles

Congrats on the first one. They are always the most memorable. 

Now you need to start farming the elite XP! :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this