Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jim_Byrnes

USS Salem where is she?

14 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,261 posts
5,409 battles

Haven't heard a whisper about her since @LittleWhiteMouse  posted an article with her.

T9 premium? as surely her mention of T4 had to be a joke.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,776 posts
4,413 battles

As of right now she's a T10. I do not have anything else other than that.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,261 posts
5,409 battles

Interesting... That makes more sense although I'd prefer her as a T9 and with what appears to be a lackluster USN cruiser split coming she'd be a bright spot for sure. On the road in Ohio so haven't been able to play PT.  All the best 2u @Doomlock!

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,776 posts
4,413 battles

You too man! Have a safe trip! :Smile_great:

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,543 posts
4,201 battles

The mention was probably about the Salem Witch which was a tier four boss ship.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,944 posts
8,385 battles

Like Monaghan, CCs do not have access to Salem.  She's obviously not high on the priority list right now.  This is understandable with the American cruiser revamp in the works.  There are still plenty of premiums close to (or ready for) release such as Asashio.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,261 posts
5,409 battles

@LittleWhiteMouse Appreciate your reply. I see your point from WGs perspective and agree with you. My thoughts were based on what looks like a huge sigh of underwhelm from the forum base regarding the much touted USN split and it's effects on gameplay especially the Cleveland. The IJN DD split had mixed results and high hopes for revitalizing the line only to see ships like the Shira get nerfed into mediocrity by module changes.  Salem at T9 would be a reasonable choice as even the DM at T10 is easy pickings for T8-T7 BBs in anything other than high tier camping scenarios and properly setup wouldn't be giving up much. 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,944 posts
8,385 battles
2 hours ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

@LittleWhiteMouse Appreciate your reply. I see your point from WGs perspective and agree with you. My thoughts were based on what looks like a huge sigh of underwhelm from the forum base regarding the much touted USN split and it's effects on gameplay especially the Cleveland. The IJN DD split had mixed results and high hopes for revitalizing the line only to see ships like the Shira get nerfed into mediocrity by module changes.  Salem at T9 would be a reasonable choice as even the DM at T10 is easy pickings for T8-T7 BBs in anything other than high tier camping scenarios and properly setup wouldn't be giving up much.

I suspect Salem or Massachusetts are destined to be the new "free experience" ship(s?) for the US Navy.  Mediocrity isn't a bad thing in that case.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,261 posts
5,409 battles
31 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I suspect Salem or Massachusetts are destined to be the new "free experience" ship(s?) for the US Navy.  Mediocrity isn't a bad thing in that case.

That's a pretty reasonable argument and close to fact I suspect! Best to you Mouse! :Smile_honoring:

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles
3 minutes ago, GoldDust2015 said:

The USS Salem is a Des Moines class cruiser. They would have to be in the same tier.

Des Moines is Tier X.

Musashi is a Yamato-class BB and is tier 9

Mutsu is a Nagato-class battleship and is tier 6

On that note I'd much rather have Alaska as a tier 9.

Sign in to follow this