You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FayFay731

Z-46 Quality of Life Turret Change

11 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
1,137 posts
7,176 battles

The Z-46’s second turret (see image in spoiler) oddly doesn’t rotate 360° even though there is clearly more than enough space for it to rotate. It’s not really a big deal, but it would be a nice quality of life change if the turret could rotate 360° which would save players several seconds (which could be ideal during close range fights).

Spoiler

Look at all that space: image.png.61b598a6afc7af7086dc1d98d3729e85.png

Spoiler

Z-46 isn't really my problem now because I have the Z-52, but it's still a nice change for other players (this whole problem was brought up by one of my friends which is why I am making this post).

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,213 posts
7,205 battles

http://navweaps.com/Weapons/WNGER_5-45_skc41.php

-170 / +170 degrees

While there is the space to make those turrets 360°, they were not able to make those turns when they were designed. It‘s kind of like the B-turret on Myoukou, Furutaka, Atago/Takao, Nelson and Izumo. 

[BS]
Members
1,378 posts
7,640 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

http://navweaps.com/Weapons/WNGER_5-45_skc41.php

-170 / +170 degrees

While there is the space to make those turrets 360°, they were not able to make those turns when they were designed. It‘s kind of like the B-turret on Myoukou, Furutaka, Atago/Takao, Nelson and Izumo. 

This is not a simulator

Members
1,876 posts
5,823 battles
1 hour ago, HorrorRoach said:

This is not a simulator

This is not a create your own ship game either!!!!

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,213 posts
7,205 battles
1 hour ago, HorrorRoach said:

This is not a simulator

Did I claim WoWs to be a simulator?

Edited by SireneRacker

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
7,892 battles

No, but there's no use in using real-life justifications for things being the way they are in WoWS.

That's what @HorrorRoach means by "this is not a simulator".   Quoting that it didn't work that way in Real Life is meaningless - this is a video game, and we can have them adjust things as much as desired.  Really the only limit is the model itself, and in the Z-46, there's no reason to not have the B turret rotate 360 other than game balance.  So many other things aren't even close to how they worked in reality that trying to use reality as to justification isn't a defensible argument.

Which is the exact same thing for the B turret in several other ships.  

[DRACS]
Members
4,331 posts

As a general rule, Wargaming tries to stick with historical gun and turret performance unless they feel a ship is really underperforming. Z-46 is most certainly NOT underperforming.

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
45 posts
6,150 battles
On 4/15/2018 at 7:42 PM, KaptainKaybe said:

As a general rule, Wargaming tries to stick with historical gun and turret performance unless they feel a ship is really underperforming. Z-46 is most certainly NOT underperforming.

This.  If a balanced, fun game can be made while adhering to history, then it makes this a better game.  Where fun or balance would suffer, historical accuracy is sacrificed.  Since it's a fun ship that isn't suffering, staying true to history is good.