You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

T7 premium? US cruiser USS Boise ST stats

181 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles

So, Tracks-up.com had this T7 USS Boise. Since it has RADAR and CL-47 USS Boise and the il-fated CL-46 USS Phoenix were sold to the Argentine Navy, maybe this is a T7 premium cruiser? I would guess that the missing stats are similar to the T7 USS Helena as both are basically Brooklyn class cruisers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tier VII  American cruiser Boise show up on the World of Warships Supertest.

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Statistics are as follows:

Firepower:
Main battery - 5х3 152 mm
Firing range – 13.6 km
Maximum HE shell damage – 2200 (Chance to cause fire – 12%)
Maximum AP shell damage - 3200
Reload time - 10 s
180 degree turn time - 22.5 s
Maximum dispersion - 127 m
HE initial velocity - 812 m/s
AP initial velocity - 762 m/s
Sigma value – 2.0.

AA defense:
8x2 20 mm, range - 2.0 km, damage per second - 49
6x2 40 mm, range - 3.5 km, damage per second - 68
4x4 40 mm, range - 3.5 km, damage per second - 64
8x1 127 mm, range - 4.2 km, damage per second - 58

Maneuverability:
Maximum speed - 30 kt
Turning circle radius - 810 m
Rudder shift time – 9.1 s

Detectability:
Surface detectability – 11.5 km
Air detectability – 7.6 km
Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 5.6 km

Available consumables:
Slot 1 - Damage Control Party
Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire/Hydroacoustic Search
Slot 3 - Surveillance Radar Data

edit, here is the FB dev blog on USS Boise 
Edited by Kizarvexis

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,776 posts
4,413 battles

You could also just use the Dev Blog. A far more reliable source.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Moar RayDarrrrrr!

I think these ships will end up being fairly frustrating for many. If you like how Atlanta Atlanta's you'll be fine, but if not, it might get tough for a lot of players. 

Sluggish handling CQ ships can be a tough nut to crack.

Edited by Canadatron

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
3 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

You could also just use the Dev Blog. A far more reliable source.

Thank you. I tried searching on that yesterday on facebook and kept getting the main WoWs page.

Question, is there an error on the Seattle's DP AA guns? They show 4x2 when the main guns are 4x3 and 52 for the dps and would the dps actually be 78 as 4x3?  That would be 6.5 dps per barrel in either case.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
778 posts
2,015 battles

Hopefully it remains a US ship (as theres a disclaimer that it may change nationalities). But I'll defintiely get this, having another Helena-like ship for my eventual Helena captain to tool around in will be nice. I like the Atlanta, so that but with 152mm guns is nice. This whole line is just Atlantas with bugger guns that fire slower. I am super excited.

• Cool 1

[SVF]
Members
1,152 posts
1,581 battles
1 minute ago, Avalon304 said:

I am super excited.

You shouldn't be.  In this ship's case specifically, the Phoenix down at *Tier 4* has nearly 2 km more range.

• Cool 2

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
6 minutes ago, landcollector said:

You shouldn't be.  In this ship's case specifically, the Phoenix down at *Tier 4* has nearly 2 km more range.

Wargaming dinking with ranges and that is how they are going to do it, especially considering they are using the same guns for the whole line. The only things they are toying with are the reload times mostly. They are going to be kinda slow at 33 knots, I know Atlanta isn't easy to get around in if you don't find some good positioning early. I'm thinking they are also in the "Better not get caught flat footed" camp, where you have to always be moving a bit because the accel and handling are horrific for a ship that has to "exist" where these are intended to play.

They will be frustration inducing for many I suspect and will need high point specialized captains. They seem to "need" IFHE, but at the same time need rudder shift, concealment, and AFT. It'll be tricky to play. You could skip AFT, but might wish you had it for AA duty.... it's going to be all about choices on these I think.

Edited by Canadatron

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
8 minutes ago, landcollector said:

The stock Phoenix is 13.9km and this is 13.6km, so upgraded they may be at similar ranges.

Granted, I would like a little more range, but this is still early days yet.

[SVF]
Members
1,152 posts
1,581 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

The stock Phoenix is 13.9km and this is 13.6km, so upgraded they may be at similar ranges.

The stats you posted are the upgraded ones:

but with best available modules.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
Just now, landcollector said:

The stats you posted are the upgraded ones:

I think that has to be some kind of error. 14.7k for the T9 Seattle seems a little short for the top gun range.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,776 posts
4,413 battles
1 hour ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

uhg. Why does it have to be on facebook?

All ST ships and game mechanics updates have been posted on FB for nearly a year now.

[FALCO]
Alpha Tester
1,008 posts
6,397 battles

Oh my god, this was really, really, really unspected.

I am really glad to read: "The cruiser might change her national allegiance and name before coming to production." If WG make it in that way and this Boise could end becoming Nueve de Julio, it will bring they a lot of cash from the south american market and be the first south american/argentinian ship in the game.

Please WG, do it, and later send us a counterpart in the US tech tree but as the Savannah or Honolulu. That will make both parts happy.

My god! I can´t wait for this!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
52 posts
6,634 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

I think that has to be some kind of error. 14.7k for the T9 Seattle seems a little short for the top gun range.

You have more faith in WG than I do.  My interpretation is this means with the three research required modules, hence "best", but not the upgrades that we choose and just buy.

I only have one T9 to go by, Baltimore, but that should mean that upgrade "Gun Fire Control System Modification 2" is available to Seattle, extending range to 17 Km.

A questionable upgrade anyway based on some personal experience with Cleveland in the days before the AFT nerf, and assuming Seattle has Cleveland's amazing ballistics.

This is of course not available to Boise or Helena at T7.  I think a max range of 13.6 Km for Boise may be, as they like to say, uncomfortable.  I also have some experience with Atlanta.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,628 posts
14,838 battles

What is most interesting to me is the last line from the Dev Blog, "The cruiser might change her national allegiance and name before coming to production." Could we have our first South American ship - as the Argentinian Nueve de Julio - entering the game? As a premium it would make sense. I hope this is the case!

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,005 battles
2 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

This whole line is just Atlantas with bugger guns that fire slower. 

Holding my excitement given what we are seeing now. ROF is pitiful - it need not be Atlanta ROF but 10 secs is complete and total garbage for USN 6" guns. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles

As a premium it might be an interesting ship, and an SAmer premium would be awesome. But the low 30 kt max speed will be a hidden problem, I think, especially when coupled with that range. She will be the slowest cruiser in her tier, slower than a couple of T7 BBs, and slower than most of the T8s and T9s she will routinely face. More radar is not what we need, tho. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,675 posts
4,400 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Thank you. I tried searching on that yesterday on facebook and kept getting the main WoWs page.

Question, is there an error on the Seattle's DP AA guns? They show 4x2 when the main guns are 4x3 and 52 for the dps and would the dps actually be 78 as 4x3?  That would be 6.5 dps per barrel in either case.

I think that the error is in reverse. Seattle's top hull has 4x2 guns instead of 4x3, using Worcester guns. That would leave the main gun firepower nearly the same as 4x3 with 7sec reload, and the AA firepower would match up. 52 aa DPS doesn't match with 4x3 USN 6" DP(it's actually 62, larger turrets are penalized).

Basically, it looks like some parts of the stats are right for the top hull(AA), but others aren't. And the image is not of an upgraded ship. Seattle here lists only quad Bofors mounts, but if you look the ship image shows only twins.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
13 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

I think that the error is in reverse. Seattle's top hull has 4x2 guns instead of 4x3, using Worcester guns. That would leave the main gun firepower nearly the same as 4x3 with 7sec reload, and the AA firepower would match up. 52 aa DPS doesn't match with 4x3 USN 6" DP(it's actually 62, larger turrets are penalized).

Basically, it looks like some parts of the stats are right for the top hull(AA), but others aren't. And the image is not of an upgraded ship. Seattle here lists only quad Bofors mounts, but if you look the ship image shows only twins.

Seattle is definitely 4x3, so the AA is messed up. Check the pic in the spoiler.

Spoiler

[BOATC]
Members
316 posts
8,578 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

What is most interesting to me is the last line from the Dev Blog, "The cruiser might change her national allegiance and name before coming to production." Could we have our first South American ship - as the Argentinian Nueve de Julio - entering the game? As a premium it would make sense. I hope this is the case!

Kind of hoping we get the Belgrano instead:

From March 1976 and until at least November of that year,[3] she was used as a clandestine detention center. Disappeared people were held in cabins specifically converted into cells, while interrogations took place inside naval base's facilities.[2] At least one baby was born in captivity inside the ship, its fate remaining a mystery.[3]

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,675 posts
4,400 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Seattle is definitely 4x3, so the AA is messed up. Check the pic in the spoiler.

Hide contents

Except that ships can change armament fit when upgraded, and Seattle isn't fully upgraded in that image.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
16 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

Except that ships can change armament fit when upgraded, and Seattle isn't fully upgraded in that image.

An EU Dev described Seattle as a Cleveland with DP 6" guns, so I think it will stay 4x3 when upgraded.

[PAMPA]
Members
67 posts
10,183 battles

If WG is going for "ARA General Belgrano", they should put the plaque in the front of the bridge that said: "Irse a Pique antes que rendir el pabellón" translated " To sink, before surrendering the flag" from Admiral William Brown. But, and yes, there is a big but, since "General Belgrano" is still a sensible fiber in the Veteran Community I would recommend go for the Boise rename "9 de Julio", which doesn't have any ill name here in Argentina. Both ships went on Navy History as well crewed and with multiple commendations for their actions while on active duty.

Former Argentine Navy Officer here, really happy at the possibility to have an Argentine Ship.

13077069_10209181298232928_1502153957603348455_n.jpg

• Cool 1