Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

How does the incendiary factor work?

5 comments in this topic

Members
421 posts
2,175 battles

For example, when it says "23% chance of causing fire" does it mean 1 shell or the entire salvo?

Neither makes any sense because let's say I have a dual mounted 6 turrent ship.  In close combat I scored a 5 hit. That's 1- (77%)^5 = 73% chance of setting target on fire.  But that had never been the case.

If it's for the entire salvo then how do you count one salvo if I fire first 2 turret, then the next 2, then the next 2? What if I wait for the first 2 turret to load up and then fire them together with the last 2?

[SCCC]
Members
236 posts
13,728 battles

It's FM.  Freakin Magic.  To rationalize FM is to question things that are not meant to be questioned.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
1 minute ago, rabidrabit said:

It's FM.  Freakin Magic.  To rationalize FM is to question things that are not meant to be questioned.

I was thinking of standing on my head ?  :Smile_popcorn:

[WOLFB]
Members
2,540 posts
10,365 battles

If you have 23%fire chance it means each shells has 23 % chance to cause a fire.

Now each ship has a fire protection or something like that. A T10 BB for instance has a better fire resistance than a T5 BB. This resistance reduce the actual fire chance you has per shell meaning that instead of a flat 23% fire chance you actually has 9% for instance.

It depends on the ship, fire % per shell and RNG. Especially RNG 

Edited by AlcatrazNC
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this