You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

Training room with bots that shoot

19 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
7,445 posts
13,614 battles

Scenarios is the new training room, but only for certain tiers. Go Figure.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
3 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

will wargaming ever fix training room how it was before wargaming enable training room? I miss the days where u could crash your internet with all them tier 10 cvs

1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

it's called coop lol!

:Smile_great:  This.

With the training room no longer requiring work to set up, more people are using it. And since a LOT of people like to use the training room on player vs player tactics, something had to give server wise, I imagine, to not overload them. So bots became inactive. Like @monpetitloup said, Co-OP (PvE) is still there so you can bash bots. Just it will be randomly with others instead of some set slaughter.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
43 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

With the training room no longer requiring work to set up, more people are using it. And since a LOT of people like to use the training room on player vs player tactics, something had to give server wise, I imagine, to not overload them. So bots became inactive. Like @monpetitloup said, Co-OP (PvE) is still there so you can bash bots. Just it will be randomly with others instead of some set slaughter.

i remember testing limits of my des moles AA vs the horde of sky cancer!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,006 posts

Yeah..  They fixed it so you didn't need to edit a text file...

Then they took away the AI on the bots.

Seems the 'Training Server' can only do so much.

Thank You going out to all the special snowflakes who can't edit a text file.  Your crybaby whining has ruined something good. 

What are you going to wimper and blubber about next??

• Cool 2

Members
1,029 posts
5,608 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm sure server limitation is the explanation WG went with but I doubt that was the actual reason. 

If you're just a guy who wants to shoot some bots with your Yamato why would you burn a ton of resources in a Co-Op match when you could have the same experience in a Training Room that costs you nothing? 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

I'm sure server limitation is the explanation WG went with but I doubt that was the actual reason. 

If you're just a guy who wants to shoot some bots with your Yamato why would you burn a ton of resources in a Co-Op match when you could have the same experience in a Training Room that costs you nothing? 

You can flip that with 'why use server resources for one guy to shoot some bots in the training room, when he can join other players in co-op to shoot bots for the same resources'.

• Cool 1

Members
376 posts
5 battles

it used to exist, then someone on the wargaming team (Likely higher than the devs) drunk some REALLY good vodka and decided to completely gut the old training room in favor of this useless garbage. 

Members
1,029 posts
5,608 battles
20 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can flip that with 'why use server resources for one guy to shoot some bots in the training room, when he can join other players in co-op to shoot bots for the same resources'.

Because one player Co-Op games aren't a thing?

I mean sure it's possible the nerfed Training Room was really about server resources. Of course these server limitations never necessitated a cap on the old Training Room which anyone could access with minimal effort or on Co-Op battles which have plenty of active bots. It's also possible the Missouri was removed because WG genuinely felt two T9 free XP battleships just couldn't coexist. But I really doubt it. 

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,318 battles
22 hours ago, Rocketpacman said:

you answered your own question. why would you grind more/buy more dubloons/camo/flags/etc if you could just shoot bots for free in training room? server capacity is irrelevant becuase oligarchery is capable of buying servers like they were beluga caviar, but why encourage the non expediture of in game resources by players?

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
1 hour ago, Rocketpacman said:

Because one player Co-Op games aren't a thing?

I mean sure it's possible the nerfed Training Room was really about server resources. Of course these server limitations never necessitated a cap on the old Training Room which anyone could access with minimal effort or on Co-Op battles which have plenty of active bots. It's also possible the Missouri was removed because WG genuinely felt two T9 free XP battleships just couldn't coexist. But I really doubt it. 

It is not that hard to figure out. Before the training room was put in game, you had to be on the forum to find out how to get to it. Then you had to edit game files and a lot of people don't want to do that. Now it is in game and everyone can see it and get to it easy-peasy. If you can not see the difference that makes game wise, I can not help you.

Members
1,029 posts
5,608 battles
25 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

It is not that hard to figure out. Before the training room was put in game, you had to be on the forum to find out how to get to it. Then you had to edit game files and a lot of people don't want to do that. Now it is in game and everyone can see it and get to it easy-peasy. If you can not see the difference that makes game wise, I can not help you.

And I can't help you if you honestly think the reason the Training Room got modified was genuinely because of server issues. The same servers that run countless Operations and Co-Op games full of active bots without any apparent resource issues day in and day out.

Just like with the Missouri removal there's a much more reasonable and obvious explanation than the one WG offered. 

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
3 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

And I can't help you if you honestly think the reason the Training Room got modified was genuinely because of server issues. The same servers that run countless Operations and Co-Op games full of active bots without any apparent resource issues day in and day out.

Just like with the Missouri removal there's a much more reasonable and obvious explanation than the one WG offered. 

:Smile_facepalm:

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:55 AM, Kizarvexis said:

training room was simple as changing a file code. But still like to see them bring back bots that will shoot back. I like trying to crash my internet with 10 cv vs 10 cvs.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
6 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

training room was simple as changing a file code. But still like to see them bring back bots that will shoot back. I like trying to crash my internet with 10 cv vs 10 cvs.

I know it was a simple file code change. And there was a WG macro to make the change for you. But that was still too many steps or changing the basic code that some people didn't want to do. Now that it is in game for all to see it is used more. I'm curious to see if it will still be as popular after Clan Battles is over for this season. 

[LEGIT]
Members
1,686 posts
24,571 battles
On 3/26/2018 at 5:55 AM, Kizarvexis said:

I'm about the least computer savvy guy around, but the instructions were very clear.  Even I could do it.  But yes, the whinging of the unmotivated may have had something to so with it.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
On 3/25/2018 at 4:46 AM, AVR_Project said:

Yeah..  They fixed it so you didn't need to edit a text file...

Then they took away the AI on the bots.

Seems the 'Training Server' can only do so much.

Thank You going out to all the special snowflakes who can't edit a text file.  Your crybaby whining has ruined something good. 

What are you going to wimper and blubber about next??

^^ yep.