Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

How I missed muh clan ship freeload completely

11 comments in this topic

Members
422 posts
2,175 battles

So apparently for the past few weeks WG was kind enough to give me free ships EXCEPT!  I have to play inside a clan.

Now normally I'm super popular amongst my friends (lots of them are even, believe it or not, females, and they, and I cannot emphasize this for enough times, intetionally wanted to be "just friends", unsolicited really, and I feel I'm also obliged to inform the prospective readers of this thread post that they usually make that request by affirming first and foremost, that they believe I'm a "nice guy", I swear on my reputation for the validity of such statements) outside of my subterranean personal diaspora, but I didn't have any friendos in the War Gaming world at that point yet.

So naturally I decided to join up. I made only 12 applications, of which 3 made prompt replies. The ensuing conversation was quite congenial I should say, although as someone who doesn't really bother to follow the fashion and trend of the modern interweb (I spent most of my spare time researching certain cold weaponry originates prominently from certain East Asian country), I did find their mannerism quite puzzling, to say the very least. 

One gentleman (my sincere apologies if I made an outlandish assumption about his/her gender) approached me and asked:

"You the AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017?"

"Yes?"

"Wait, THE AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017?"

"Yes my jolly fellow, accept no substitute!"

If the conversation was conducted over the telephone, I'd surely hear a click. Too bad it was text based. And he never replied after that, much to my confusion. 

Another fellow demanded firmly for my changing my username. "Do yourself and everyone a favor" he said, " Your battle record puts  Akiyama Saneyuki to great shame". 

Naturally, after those 2 encounters, I decided to bring myself "up to the speed" to today's internet lingo and cant. I needed to "brush up" my vocabulary. So I did so by talking so ever more often in game. It is proverbial knowledge that when you do something too often, the chances of your making certain error becometh all too difficult to ignore. At some point, stroking my luscious under beard, I may have unintentionally blurred out how I would caress certain prominent, incredibly gifted, multi-talented (she even writes her won songs and lyrics) country-pop singeress' cat should I get the chance to lay my hands on her. It I mean. 

To which a young gentleman responded "Ewwww! I can't get that out of my head now" And an elderly gentleman rejoindered "Mister, please keep the conversation PG-13, we have immature players in our mist." I made it plain that I see no reason to dignify his self-proclaimed authority over the regulations of people's speech pattern, to which he retorted "Alright tough guy, I'll screenshot and report your [edited]"

That game was another triumphant victory for me personally (not for my team, my teammates performed poorly as usual) with 1 ship sunk and a jaw-dropping 12k damage. 

After that game came the 3rd response to my clan application. This time my would-be interlocutor was rather quick to the point: "You japanese bro? You speak English?"

I was triggered intensely and tremendously.

I wanted to lecture him extensively on how assuming someone's nationality is not much better than assuming someone's gender just by they's appearance, but much to my chagrin, I could not send one letter in the input box, a red message said I would not be able to send anything over the chat system till certain dates. 

And that was the tipping point. I decided that I had enough with the clanish (no pun intended) business and resolved sell all of those ship for free slots, but again, to my amazement, I could not - those slots expire WITH those ship.

Afterwards I decided to play 15 co-op battles to soothe my angered spirit.

And that was how I missed my freeload.1200px-Yokosuka-mikasa-08-2010.png

• Boring 3

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles

I don't fully understand the "free ship" part, but... You see plenty clan members playing in a division of only two. Join that division and chat with them. You can be kicked out right away, but some let you play with them. That way you can chat and get to know them and based on that make an application.

1 hour ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

After that game came the 3rd response to my clan application. This time my would-be interlocutor was rather quick to the point: "You japanese bro? You speak English?"

I was triggered intensely and tremendously.

I wanted to lecture him extensively on how assuming someone's nationality is not much better than assuming someone's gender just by they's appearance, but much to my chagrin, I could not send one letter in the input box, a red message said I would not be able to send anything over the chat system till certain dates. 

^^^^Being a smartbutt isn't going to help you much ingame or life...

Members
4,383 posts
7,093 battles

They are 'rental' ships and they disappear when the current clan wars ends.  Since they are rental ships they can't be sold since you never bought them,.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

OP Did you know that WG has a news Page?

You write about free ships and wonder why they are for Clan Battles only. 

If only you took the time to READ the NEWS.

Reading is Fundamental 

[HINON]
Privateers
6,265 posts
3,165 battles

Surprise, you have a reputation based on what people have seen or heard about you. Shocking, innit? And based on this reputation, people may or may not want you in their clans. It sounds like you've had some bad luck finding one to play with, and I wish you luck in that endeavour.  

The ships you're talking about were always going to have their slots taken away with them. Such was stated in the articles introducing clan battles. 

Beta Testers
1,939 posts
10,762 battles

I didn't bother with the wall of text musing why OP can't be in a clan. But does OP really not know those "freeload" ships can only be used in clan battle? People complain not able to get rental ships to use in clan battle without joining a clan???

???

Members
1,866 posts

You should be embarrassed by what you wrote about yourself. But obviously you are not. It takes some real work to get a bad rep in this game with so many players. Looks like you're chat banned as well.

[MMC]
Members
135 posts
396 battles

Hey! I can almost see my old apartment in Hachi-ban Tower! Thanks for the post. Those were the good old days.

Edited by kagero__
I edit every post!

[WOLF3]
Members
19,347 posts
17,682 battles
3 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

e9d.jpg

oiOE0dl.gif

Hey OP, I remember you had 2 threads ranting about IJN BBs, how terrible they were, and you were switching to German BBs and start owning everyone.

How did that go? :cap_cool:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this