Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Mauser

Not enough players in Random Battles

16 comments in this topic

[555]
Members
74 posts
2,708 battles

Dunno if everyone is playing in space battles, but I'm a bit late to the game, and there are so few other players in Random Battles that I'm already at 45 minutes in the queue. (Admittedly in the Tier VII Hiryu).

Maybe I can find out if there's a bug when it his the hour mark....

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
298 posts
5,575 battles

clan battles going on, we don't have space battles yet

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Depends on the time, midnight and after, if its a school night, then there are few players. Some times I get 1 on 1 ... 2 on 2 .. etc etc its not a plot or anything, people do need to sleep. I'm in a whole different time zone so when its very early morning there, its early afternoon THE DAY BEFORE for me. :)

New Zealand, the first (real) nation to see the new dawn.... :)

[555]
Members
74 posts
2,708 battles

Well, that answers that question, at one hour it just keeps counting minutes. "61:05" And "Players within your range: 5/12" (Never quite understood that display.)

Yeah, it might be the time, I'm at 8:53 PM Pacific right now.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts
26 minutes ago, Dr_Mauser said:

Dunno if everyone is playing in space battles, but I'm a bit late to the game, and there are so few other players in Random Battles that I'm already at 45 minutes in the queue. (Admittedly in the Tier VII Hiryu).

Maybe I can find out if there's a bug when it his the hour mark....

There is no time limit for CV's...if another Tier 7 CV doesn't queue up, you'll be sitting there forever....

[555]
Members
74 posts
2,708 battles

Heh, I've seen 2 CVs listed occasionally, but there aren't enough players total for a single match as far as I can see. 75 minutes so far.... 4/14.

Some kind of tool that players can use to see the number of players in the queue at any tier might help them pick which tier ship to play, but I can also see that having a negative effect as well.

[555]
Members
74 posts
2,708 battles

Funnily enough, I finally ended up in a battle. It ended up being a 1 on 1 with a Ranger, and I kicked his butt!

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
22 minutes ago, Dr_Mauser said:

Heh, I've seen 2 CVs listed occasionally, but there aren't enough players total for a single match as far as I can see. 75 minutes so far.... 4/14.

Some kind of tool that players can use to see the number of players in the queue at any tier might help them pick which tier ship to play, but I can also see that having a negative effect as well.

Or maybe have a mini space invaders game on the waiting page... or, battleships? :Smile_teethhappy:

[555]
Members
74 posts
2,708 battles

Well, if the normal wait is capped at 5 mins, a time filler wouldn't be necessary.

But if something said that everyone online was playing tier 9-10, and you're playing tier 5.... (I like my Tier 5 CV, I'm very good in it.)

Although thinking about it, flashing the task bar when the game is in the background when a match comes up WOULD be a good idea. That way you could switch back to the game if you go off to read facebook or something.

Edited by Dr_Mauser

[TBW]
Members
7,380 posts
13,543 battles

Because scenarios have more teamwork and more fun and more credits and more XP. More than 5 million credits today and climbing.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[STW-N]
Members
181 posts

OP - It sounds like you are on the Public Test server.  9pm Pacific time is late for the East Coast NA, and in the middle of the night for the Europeans and Russians.  (remember, the PT is a worldwide server)

People go on the PT to get the rewards on their main account, and to try out new ships / new loadouts, and perhaps just to yahoo around in big ships.  There were no missions this PT that needed a tier 7 carrier, other than one of the 2 scenario missions that were on rotation.  You could have taken your Hiryu in the scenario battle, or used free xp (you have plenty of doubloons on the PT to convert silver xp to gold xp) to get a Hakuryu or Midway and then taken those into random battles.

By waiting over 5 minutes in que for a tier 7 cv in randoms, you will match with the first tier 7 cv that comes around with anyone else (if anyone else) in que at that time.  Hence, you had a 1:1 and a 2:2 matchup.

Perhaps in the future, you might get more fun gaming if you left the que before the 5 minute mark, played a more popular ship/tier, and then returned to the cv que after that game to see if anyone else is there.  (rinse and repeat) 

Alternatively, on the public test, you could play in the late morning/very early afternoon in your time zone to play during the European & Russian prime times.

[555]
Members
74 posts
2,708 battles

Yeah, I guess that it was mainly about the time of day. But I figured it would make an interesting test. Okay, not THAT interesting. I didn't think about the scenarios... I didn't think there were enough people online for those either.

Sign in to follow this