Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

I know, it's the weekend.

27 comments in this topic

Members
400 posts
6,663 battles

I started keeping track and have tried not to play on weekends. I have got my win rate up to 49.26 from about 48. 75. Today I said what the hell, let's try it and bang, down to 49.20. Weekend players, "you suck". DDs who hide and do not spot, BBs that end up behind their spawn running. CVs, too stupid to spot with their planes. People if you cannot see the enemy, you cannot kill them. I know old song but damn, I rather play 100 games in co-op than play 1 game with morons on the weekend, but I hope and check in and the disappointment gets reinforced again. Tomorrow I will stay in co-op and play with better player, the Bots. 

Edited by Buzzardsluck
  • Boring 1

[SF-A]
Members
3,007 posts
6,346 battles

Just have to try teaching them something. It's the only way to increase the net skill of the server.

Take the time to mentor someone. Maybe they'll do the same, and at the end of the day both you and they will have made the playerbase a little more fun.

If anyone wants to send me a Division invite while I'm online, I'm happy to div up and help!

Edited by pewpewpew42
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,022 posts
19,932 battles
12 minutes ago, Buzzardsluck said:

I started keeping track and have tried not to play on weekends. I have got my win rate up to 49.26 from about 48. 75. Today I said what the hell, let's try it and bang, down to 49.20. Weekend players, "you suck". DDs who hide and do not spot, BBs that end up behind their spawn running. CVs, too stupid to spot with their planes. People if you cannot see the enemy, you cannot kill them. I know old song but damn, I rather play 100 games in co-op than play 1 game with morons on the weekend, but I hope and check in and the disappointment gets reinforced again. Tomorrow I will stay in co-op and play with better player, the Bots. 

Don't forget that Operations are also a good option too, Buzzard.

But yeah, I know where you're coming from.  I'm feeling the same pain, but I won't play tier 9's in co-op.  If I was grinding lower tier ships, I might do some  coop, but I'm not going to waste flags and camos and credits in high tier coop battles, when I can earn far more credits and XP in random battle losses than in coop wins.  But if I was grinding something like tier 5's or 6's or 7's, I wouldn't mind removing my flags and camos and playing some coop.  

Actually, if you're grinding a ship of the tier of the current operation of the week, that's the best place to grind, because the earnings are much better.  But if you just want to relax and enjoy shooting up stuff, then coop is the way to go.

Members
1,352 posts
1,345 battles
2 hours ago, Buzzardsluck said:

You forgot its also spring break nanodesu. 

[TF03]
Members
741 posts
2,806 battles

not sure if this was the case with you and what happened, but i was playing CV and had a 2 vs 2 CV match on strait  i was in Zuiho on the north side, i was spotting A for DD and other ships till i was forced out by 2 fighter squards, after the DD having there words about me not spotting A i told them to look at the map and see the 2 fighter squads at A vs my 1 and there was nothing i could do

not saying something like this happened in your match but sometimes your forced back from being able to spot

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,112 posts
4,926 battles

I won't chalk it up to weekends, weekdays are just as bad for me, weekends are just when I get more verbal abuse and less support if I make a mistake. But then there's the people telling me how to play my ship. Usually it's crap like "OMG BB why didn't you get on cap?!" because there's one of me, four of them, and I'm not suicidal. I'll soften them up at range while trying to link up with the rest of the fleet thank you very much.

Then there was a really baffling one today, a DD that yelled at me for not using my planes to spot the enemy CV. Uh, buddy? You're a DD. You're a DD that's within 10km of that CV's last known position, a CV which is all alone at that. I'm trying to use my fighters to counter his squadrons, while my bombers help out our rapidly deteriorating BB line, which is the only thing keeping the enemy away from my location on the opposite side of the map pulling a 180. So no mister DD, I will NOT spot their CV. I will instead ask you to stop cowering behind that island and go find him yourself, and if one of his secondaries scratches your paint then that's TOO BAD!

• Funny 1

[TF03]
Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
3 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

I will instead ask you to stop cowering behind that island and go find him yourself, and if one of his secondaries scratches your paint then that's TOO BAD!

lol that part made me laugh and nearly choke on want i was eating but its also true, i dont mind if i have the planes free and we know we are going to win, but if im flat out busy using fighters, doing as much dmg as i can or spotting a target that we need to kill asap then yep there on there own.

Members
400 posts
6,663 battles
2 hours ago, ausanimal said:

not sure if this was the case with you and what happened, but i was playing CV and had a 2 vs 2 CV match on strait  i was in Zuiho on the north side, i was spotting A for DD and other ships till i was forced out by 2 fighter squards, after the DD having there words about me not spotting A i told them to look at the map and see the 2 fighter squads at A vs my 1 and there was nothing i could do

not saying something like this happened in your match but sometimes your forced back from being able to spot

When I play CVs I have learned to spot and while doing so locate the best AA ship on my team in that area, If enemy fighters approach I try and fight on my term, but my primary mission is spot and attack enemy strikes. This is the case that pissed me off yesterday. We had the 3 caps, down a ship. 2 on 2 CVs with them down 1. Our CV sends 2 torp bomb wings and passes and spots a enemy BB in each cap trying to cap us, flies in between the caps. Our ship were spread out and so were there's and were trying to reset caps and destroy. His 2 wings fly up to the last CV and get wiped. I do not know why he did not drop. They also did not spot any of the enemy DDs at beginning to let team know. Another game I had 3 DDs out of our 4 In one corner of the map, even with the same line of spawn.  I was playing a BB and had no targets for most of the game and had to move up to spot for myself. DD bait, that was me. When I play my DD I know it will be a tough game when each side has 2 CVs, but I still try and spot. I know every player has that time a day or week where it just does not go right. I am sure some people like all the potatoes on the weekend and think it is like fish in the barrel, but I like the team concept of the game, with each part playing it's role. GL HF and thank you for this ability to rant like a madman. 

[MMC]
Members
135 posts
387 battles

Did you used to play on weekends before you got gud? People gotta play to learn otherwise this game’s gonna go nowhere. I played last night, won 7 games and lost 8, including a couple hard throws that really made me shake my head. But I enjoyed myself anyway and it never even occurred to me to check my stats. What’s the point? I know if I’m any good or not.

[SSG-X]
Members
4 posts
2,837 battles

Weekends are very hit or miss - we started out 2-7, ended up 14:10, and a lot of those swings were due to the team comp/skill level.

Members
381 posts
9,943 battles
8 hours ago, DESRON10 said:

Yep , weekends are just the worst. (Screenshot from last nights session)

shot-18_03.24_01_45.01-0112.jpg.4765772e76441d211ed2033d0f8003f5.jpg

Same here, and my WTR on week-ends goes from "good/great" during the week, to unicum/ super unicum during week-ends... It's not just my teams that have bad players, but the red team too, which makes the week-ends the ultimate in seal clubbing. I don't get why so many people complain.

2018-03-25_LI.jpg

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,304 posts
7,917 battles

Carry harder. Lord knows I have to 90% of the time. 

Interesting, my stats page here shows 

Battles survived    2,137
Victories in battles survived    1,785

This indicates that when I survive, I win 83.5% of the time. Think about that.

Beta Testers
1,944 posts
7,332 battles
On 3/24/2018 at 11:31 PM, pewpewpew42 said:

Just have to try teaching them something. It's the only way to increase the net skill of the server.

Take the time to mentor someone. Maybe they'll do the same, and at the end of the day both you and they will have made the playerbase a little more fun.

If anyone wants to send me a Division invite while I'm online, I'm happy to div up and help!

i gave that a try the other day.

tried explaining how the team lost because it gave up map control when all our bb's ran towards the nearest islands right at the start and even though they did move out from behind them about halfway through the match, it was too late by that point because all our dd's and half our cruisers had been picked off by the red team.  tried explaining how everyone lemming training to one cap, but getting stalled at that cap for half the match because half our team wasn't in a position to support the push, just handed the red team the other two caps and position to surround and flank us.

and i even did it without cursing or insulting them, in spite of my great desire to do so.

for my efforts i got, and i quote, "stfu dude, im playing for myself."  to be fair though, the one other player on the team with a positive winrate (meaning above 50%) did support me and say how i was right... but the rest of the team either remained mute or straight up dismissed what i told them.

its not worth trying to teach potatoes... they have zero desire to learn; as the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

Beta Testers
1,944 posts
7,332 battles
On 3/25/2018 at 1:37 AM, DESRON10 said:

Yep , weekends are just the worst. (Screenshot from last nights session)

shot-18_03.24_01_45.01-0112.jpg.4765772e76441d211ed2033d0f8003f5.jpg

yea yea... and on friday i went 2-13 because of the potatoes.  weekend fuckery was worse this past weekend than its been in a long time.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Having played quite a bit of CV this weekend, my patience was put to the test with spotting. On several occasions, I had players request I spot a DD for them, so I did. They then proceeded to miss every single salvo for the next 2-3 minutes. At that point, I diverted my planes to help someone more useful.

[VW]
Members
2,429 posts
14,253 battles

i agree this weekend was much worse than any in at least the past year for me. i usually feed off the same weekenders on the red team as was mentioned, but this weekend i just had too many on my team and i admit i was in the mood to fight rather than hang around strategically, so it might be linked... anyway as for DESRON10 , he conviently neglects to mention if he was in a 3 person div during all those wins lol ;-) i myself was playing alone and suffered the exact opposite record!

Edited by monpetitloup

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
On 3/25/2018 at 1:48 AM, sbcptnitro said:

Just play during the clan battle times and profit.

When all else fails make a rum offering to Jobu and watch matchmaking get better.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
19 minutes ago, Shadeylark said:

i gave that a try the other day.

tried explaining how the team lost because it gave up map control when all our bb's ran towards the nearest islands right at the start and even though they did move out from behind them about halfway through the match, it was too late by that point because all our dd's and half our cruisers had been picked off by the red team.  tried explaining how everyone lemming training to one cap, but getting stalled at that cap for half the match because half our team wasn't in a position to support the push, just handed the red team the other two caps and position to surround and flank us.

and i even did it without cursing or insulting them, in spite of my great desire to do so.

for my efforts i got, and i quote, "stfu dude, im playing for myself."  to be fair though, the one other player on the team with a positive winrate (meaning above 50%) did support me and say how i was right... but the rest of the team either remained mute or straight up dismissed what i told them.

its not worth trying to teach potatoes... they have zero desire to learn; as the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

I concur with what you are saying. The worst venom I have ever gotten in the game is when I have tried to help bad players. The one that I will always remember was being in a two CV game, we had two Atlanta's on our team. I asked one of them to screen me from DD's and Aircraft as I push a cap. He said go [edited] yourself, my guns are too valuable to waste screening battleships. Predictably we got roffelstomped. Make a strategy suggestion for a map...people spew hate, point out that using AP on broadside targets vs HE is a better choice and watch what happens. Asking DD's not to rush a cap and leave their support behind....listen to the hate. Trying to help people in randoms is almost always an exercise in futility.

Beta Testers
1,944 posts
7,332 battles
23 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Having played quite a bit of CV this weekend, my patience was put to the test with spotting. On several occasions, I had players request I spot a DD for them, so I did. They then proceeded to miss every single salvo for the next 2-3 minutes. At that point, I diverted my planes to help someone more useful.

had one match with a benson who surprised me with his incompetence, and at this point my expectations are already rock bottom.  worst part is, you could tell he was actually trying and it wasn't some guy's 5 year old at the keys.

he sat for the entire match in the cap on the other side of the island from a half health aigle, never once attempting to even leave the cap and go where the team was, let alone try to fight him down.  when he finally did move because the red team was starting to overrun him, he popped smoke and only shot his torps at a bb that was 18km away from him but didn't shoot his guns at any of the spotted targets while he was in smoke.  in fact the only time he ever used his guns the entire match was to shoot AP at a bow on amagi after his smoke ran out, completely ignoring the still-alive aigle that was 5km away from him with, broadside with his guns facing the other way.

if the dude had only a couple hundred matches under his belt, i could chalk it up to inexperience.  but dude had over 2k matches.

needless to say... that match did not turn out well.

Sign in to follow this