Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ACScott

Public test participation

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
14 posts
1,063 battles

I live in the Philippines and I started out on the Asia server and still play there but the NA server has better hours for me due to the fact that I mostly play in the mornings.  I've noticed that during "NA server" prime time, 12-15k players on the server and yet the public test participation is very low 300-700 for the most part, while during prime time on the ASIA server with 9-12k players, participation on the test server is up over 1k.  Do the NA players not like the "Public Test"? I find it a great opportunity to stock up on flags (for those of you that don't like to spend money) and to test out different ships that I may want to work towards.  Just curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles

My wife is Philippino and we have a place in Bulocan just outside Manila and spend a lot of time in Clavaria were she is from 

I used to do public test, but for some reason I couldn’t register with my regular email so could not get any rewards for my regular account .. so I stopped and deleted it

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,609
[WOLF7]
Members
11,405 posts

The vast majority of players here are just not that involved with the game, they come to sail ships, shoot stuff and move on.

Per WG 92% of the players never even come to the forums, so most of them have no idea about PT, even if they did care to invest the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
14 posts
1,063 battles
13 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

My wife is Philippino and we have a place in Bulocan just outside Manila and spend a lot of time in Clavaria were she is from 

I used to do public test, but for some reason I couldn’t register with my regular email so could not get any rewards for my regular account .. so I stopped and deleted it

I've lived in Angeles for the last 17 years, only leave when I have to, if you have more than 1 account, thats where your rewards went, I ran into that problem awhile ago.

Edited by ACScott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles
9 minutes ago, ACScott said:

I've lived in Angeles for the last 17 years, only leave when I have to, if you have more than 1 account, thats where your rewards went, I ran into that problem awhile ago.

Unfortunately I’ve only 1 account and no way to link the PT cause it goes by email .. yes nice rewards though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,859
[WOLF9]
Members
8,811 posts
4,180 battles
32 minutes ago, ACScott said:

  I've noticed that during "NA server" prime time, 12-15k players on the server and yet the public test participation is very low 300-700 for the most part, while during prime time on the ASIA server with 9-12k players, participation on the test server is up over 1k.  Do the NA players not like the "Public Test"?

I have no explanation for it.  I love to play on the PTS.  In addition to playing ships I don't have, I can get familiar with the upcoming scenarios, and get some good rewards just for derping around. I just resign myself to the fact that the player quality it very uneven.

WG does announce the PTs on its web site.  Not sure what other promotion it could do.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[LEGIT]
Members
983 posts
7,578 battles

Unless there something eye catching ( events, rare ships etc.) I rarely go to pts.

Edited by KAGA_kaini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,829
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 hours ago, ACScott said:

I live in the Philippines and I started out on the Asia server and still play there but the NA server has better hours for me due to the fact that I mostly play in the mornings.  I've noticed that during "NA server" prime time, 12-15k players on the server and yet the public test participation is very low 300-700 for the most part, while during prime time on the ASIA server with 9-12k players, participation on the test server is up over 1k.  Do the NA players not like the "Public Test"? I find it a great opportunity to stock up on flags (for those of you that don't like to spend money) and to test out different ships that I may want to work towards.  Just curious

My Guess is the NA player base doesn't think the PT rewards are enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
99
[ONE]
Members
286 posts
12,369 battles

After the backstabbing WG gave the WOT STs last year I no longer participate in any testing for WG.  Just not worth devoting my time to.

Edited by 6thGuards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I finally took the dive into PT this weekend...I got chat bashed every single battle, space battle, and scenario. I get singled out in about 5% of my live server battles. I got bashed in 100% of my PT battles. What a bunch of A R S E holes loafing that test server. You aren't missing anything but a handful of nice rewards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×