Sign in to follow this  
kiwi1960

Help? Yeah, right!

12 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

I am SICK of the so called support. Apparently, they employ "very nice people". Every time I get a reply to my problem, its answered by a different person, and they don't like to read, apparently.

Thursday night, Friday morning (NZ time), I made TWO (debit) Master Card payments to WoWS...

The first was to my sons account, but it went to me instead.... I asked them to reverse it, they said fine.... I still have not received the refund...

The second went to the wrong person, ie: not my son, I asked them to reverse it... they did... I still have not received the refund...

So far so good.... I then decided not to risk it a third time, and waited till the morning. The gift to my son was made from his account using my credit card... no muss, no fuss.

THEN.... I look at the bank later that day and .... the two reversed payments were still not refunded... BUT THEY WERE DUPLICATED!

I contacted my bank and was told that the double up was instigated by WoWs.... and to do the following....

Tell them (WoWs) about the problem, if they dont sort it out, come in on Monday (less than 20 hours from now) and sign a statement that I never authorised the two payments. Sign it and they (the bank) will lay a complaint with the Police who will contact their counterparts in the nation where WoWs does its banking... its a clear case of theft and fraud.

My account is a debit credit card, if the funds are not there, then the payments do not get made, I only put enough into that account for each purchase... so, as it stands now, that account is in overdraft.... which is impossible because you cannot buy anything with a debit card if the funds are not there.

TRYING TO GET.... the support staff to understand that is impossible.... part of the problem is that its a different person each time... I have been told three times so far, last time 2 hours ago, that it takes upto 45 hours for a refund to appear in my bank.... ARGHHHH.... we are NOT discussing that..... we are discussing the double payment.... (sigh)

Some of you know that I have terminal lung cancer... the support people know, I told them... the stress of this ...... (trying hard not to lose my cool and use profanities) .... nightmare .... is starting to take its toll. GOD HELP ANY TROLL THAT STICKS HIS NOSE INTO THIS THREAD!

I told the so called "support" people that I was going to go public soon... well, call it therapy if you want, I NEED to talk about this to get it off my chest and to calm down. I know no one here can actually do anything, but posting about it has made me feel better, if it breaks any rules, then I'm sorry. If the stress gets to much then I might seriously end up in hospital again, seeing as the Gene Therapy pill  (that fighst the cancer) that I take causes so many side effects, some of which can be caused by stress.

I hope this problem is sorted soon, and yes, it does feel better posting about it.

Edited by kiwi1960

[SYN]
Members
3,378 posts
16,230 battles

I hope it gets sorted out soon mate and stress levels come back down to normal.

A word to the wise edit the description of the support staff in the first line so you don't compound issues with forum rule breaches.

[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Thanks, edited.

Please, I'm not saying wargaming.net or anyone else stole the money... but the only way NOW to get it sorted is to have the police investigate it.

If the support ticket I had lodged been taken seriously then MAYBE we could have figured it out, MAYBE it was a Glitch at THEIR bank... but the fact that they say "impossible" when I have shown them the bank statement isn't helping matters...  they deny there is a problem, but the evidence was given to them... so, I am forced to report the matter as theft to see where the glitch actually was.

It would be so much easier if they stopped using words like "impossible" and instigated a query with their bank... would save a lot of Police time in both nations.

Edited by kiwi1960

[SYN]
Members
3,378 posts
16,230 battles

I hear you and support taking a stance in the face of contradictory evidence doesn't auger well for a timely resolution.

Does your bank have the option of reversing the transactions?

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,635 battles
6 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

Thanks, edited.

Please, I'm not saying wargaming.net or anyone else stole the money... but the only way NOW to get it sorted is to have the police investigate it.

If the support ticket I had lodged been taken seriously then MAYBE we could have figured it out, MAYBE it was a Glitch at THEIR bank... but the fact that they say "impossible" when I have shown them the bank statement isn't helping matters...  they deny there is a problem, but the evidence was given to them... so, I am forced to report the matter as theft to see where the glitch actually was.

It would be so much easier if they stopped using words like "impossible" and instigated a query with their bank... would save a lot of Police in both nations.

1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

I am SICK of the so called support. Apparently, they employ morons. Every time I get a reply to my problem, its answered by a different person, and they don't like to read, apparently.

Thursday night, Friday morning (NZ time), I made TWO (debit) Master Card payments to WoWS...

The first was to my sons account, but it went to me instead.... I asked them to reverse it, they said fine.... I still have not received the refund...

The second went to the wrong person, ie: not my son, I asked them to reverse it... they did... I still have not received the refund...

So far so good.... I then decided not to risk it a third time, and waited till the morning. The gift to my son was made from his account using my credit card... no muss, no fuss.

THEN.... I look at the bank later that day and .... the two reversed payments were still not refunded... BUT THEY WERE DUPLICATED!

I contacted my bank and was told that the double up was instigated by WoWs.... and to do the following....

Tell them (WoWs) about the problem, if they dont sort it out, come in on Monday (less than 20 hours from now) and sign a statement that I never authorised the two payments. Sign it and they (the bank) will lay a complaint with the Police who will contact their counterparts in the nation where WoWs does its banking... its a clear case of theft and fraud.

My account is a debit credit card, if the funds are not there, then the payments do not get made, I only put enough into that account for each purchase... so, as it stands now, that account is in overdraft.... which is impossible because you cannot buy anything with a debit card if the funds are not there.

TRYING TO GET.... the support staff to understand that is impossible.... part of the problem is that its a different person each time... I have been told three times so far, last time 2 hours ago, that it takes upto 45 hours for a refund to appear in my bank.... ARGHHHH.... we are NOT discussing that..... we are discussing the double payment.... (sigh)

Some of you know that I have terminal lung cancer... the support people know, I told them... the stress of this ...... (trying hard not to lose my cool and use profanities) .... nightmare .... is starting to take its toll. GOD HELP ANY TROLL THAT STICKS HIS NOSE INTO THIS THREAD!

I told the so called "support" people that I was going to go public soon... well, call it therapy if you want, I NEED to talk about this to get it off my chest and to calm down. I know no one here can actually do anything, but posting about it has made me feel better, if it breaks any rules, then I'm sorry. If the stress gets to much then I might seriously end up in hospital again, seeing as the Gene Therapy pill  (that fighst the cancer) that I take causes so many side effects, some of which can be caused by stress.

I hope this problem is sorted soon, and yes, it does feel better posting about it.

QgIH8hW.jpg

[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Yeah, it is unfortunate.... but if I posted all the backwards and forward comments since this started, you'd agree with me.

Its like this.

me: Reverse payment please

Them: sure...

Me: thanks

Them: no problem

me: Hey, you took the money out again!

them: refunds can take form 1 hour to 45 days

me: umm, (explain it again....)

them: impossible

me: no its not, here is a screen shot

them: refunds can take anywhere from..... not typed, a copy and paste... a standard computer answer probably activated by an F key.

me: Hello? Can I please talk to someone smart?

them: Hi, sorry for your problems, refunds and can from 1 hour to..... etc etc and finishes with "we cannot take money from your account without permission
(yes you can.... the bank resends the original sales so they get paid twice, a bank glitch, but they reckon "impossible"

Me: according to my bank the problem was at your end.... please look into it

Them: Refunds can take between.... etc etc etc

Part of the problem is that a different person deals with it each time, their help centre must have about 100 people working in it because half of them have replied to me each time, I doube I have seen the sane name twice. Its like their staff really do not care, they just glance at the screen, press and F key and move on to the next message....

It might be unfair for me to call them morons... but I have explained the problem to them MANY MANY MANY times.... and each time, its like they only refer to the first post, not the last, they certainly do not read the REAL problem... they still think I want a refund NOW.... we have moved on, or at least, I have.... and in the minutes bfore this post, I just got the standard form letter again... "Refunds can take anywhere from....."

:Smile_izmena:

[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
23 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

I hear you and support taking a stance in the face of contradictory evidence doesn't auger well for a timely resolution.

Does your bank have the option of reversing the transactions?

Yes, that will happen tomorrow when I sign the Statement, THEN... the bank will want ITS money back. :cap_rambo:and they wont take the excuses I've been getting.

[SYN]
Members
3,378 posts
16,230 battles

It's probably easier that way, they will contact the reciprocating bank and they will pass the debit on to WG and notify them.

[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

As soon as I told them that I had made it public, they got serious. They asked me for a copy of the bank statement.

I have only given it to them THREE times now... I told them it doesn't matter, I'll let the bank sort it out. My stress levels are through the roof, my wife is close by to make sure I don't keel over from the stress... I told them it doesn't matter what they say now, I dared them to start with post one and read it and see where (and who) they went wrong.

I said ... it doesn't matter anymore.... the bank can sort it out, but you guys are trying to kill me with stress.

I want payback, I asked them for compensation for a weekend of hell... seriously, the stress can stop my cancer pill from working... I bet I won't get anything, but let them stress it out now.

I need to calm down and relax before I end up in hospital. The look of concern on my wife's face is enough to scare even me. :cap_look:

Edited by kiwi1960

[SYN]
Members
3,378 posts
16,230 battles

You've got a plan in place for addressing the situation now just turn the PC off and do something else for a while.  It's not worth the hassle.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
303 posts
5,662 battles

OP be aware, if your bank processes a chargeback, WG may very well lock your game account from further use. I've seen it happen before.

[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Then they will face legal action, I'm sure even Cyprus has a form of banking ombudsman... but half of Cyprus is part of the EU, so they do... provided its not the Turkish half.

The EU not only has a banking ombudsman, but an ombudsman... legal challenges for them will mount up... thing is, I'm not worried... the stress... I might be dead soon, but my wife will make sure the complaints are seen to... she ALSO she plays WoWs and uses the same credit card.... and we, as I said, provide gifts for my son..... it could be that their bank is punished.... guess who they will blame?

They are seriously thinking about the problem... no answer in a few hours... OMG... could it be that they are actually LOOKING? Maybe the words "you are killing me with stress" and "compensation" did it.

Either way, it would be nice to get it resolved, my whole family loves the game, but they pushed us into a corner. We had no option. :Smile_sad:

Edited by kiwi1960

Sign in to follow this