You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

How are hits determined

8 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
2,480 posts
7,219 battles

I am wondering how the game determines where your shells hit. One game I straddle the ships and then maybe get a ricochet out of 3 broadsides unless I get less than 10km away. I drench the targets with the geysers from the shells. This seems to go on for several games with the same ship. Then I will have a decent game with several multi-hit broadsides.  This is happening on stationary targets as will as those moving & on my BB's & cruisers.

Kenneth

[WOLF3]
Members
19,157 posts
17,538 battles

To add, Cruisers are screwed over far less by dispersion and RNG with their more consistent guns.  But you need lots of hits to do good damage and your ship is more prone to 'splode.

The Battleship frustrates you with their gunnery at times, but there are those moments where it simply plops into your lap a 2, 3, 4 citadels in one salvo on some poor bast@rd.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
172 posts
855 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

To add, Cruisers are screwed over far less by dispersion and RNG with their more consistent guns.  But you need lots of hits to do good damage and your ship is more prone to 'splode.

The Battleship frustrates you with their gunnery at times, but there are those moments where it simply plops into your lap a 2, 3, 4 citadels in one salvo on some poor bast@rd.

This, and RNGesus.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles
20 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I am wondering how the game determines where your shells hit. One game I straddle the ships and then maybe get a ricochet out of 3 broadsides unless I get less than 10km away. I drench the targets with the geysers from the shells. This seems to go on for several games with the same ship. Then I will have a decent game with several multi-hit broadsides.  This is happening on stationary targets as will as those moving & on my BB's & cruisers.

Kenneth

There are some unseen game mechanics... dispersion on your end plus there end,modules, Camo , flags plus were your aiming to get hits, but mostly it’s if you have the proper aim point