You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JessieTheKitty

The new worcester aa isnt going to work....

15 comments in this topic

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,535 battles

so i did i slight comparsion with the minotaur vs worcester (of course worcester stats may change) and if its going to get the standard x3 40 second AA boost the Des Moines has this thing can deplane a carrier (theoretically if we had 100 plane squadron) in one use of the consumable.

heres the stats with you want to look at them: 

with USS Worcesters stats released (THE TESTING STATS) i looked at the aa numbers did calculatons and COMPLETE aa build compared with minotaur the stats are of the following:

MINOTAUR: 
152mm avg dmg - 300.9, 8.4 km range.
76.2mm avg dmg - 488 7km range.
20mm avg dmg - 94 2.4km range.

total average per second: 882.9dmg.

total average per 30 seconds: 26,487

average midway planes per second (fighters) = .46

average midway planes per 30 seconds (fighters) = 13.86

WORCESTER:
152mm avg dmg - 581.4 8.4km range
76.2mm avg dmg - 1,608.9 7km range
20mm avg dmg - 339.45 2.8km range.

total average per second: 2,529.75

total average per 30 seconds: 75,892.5

average midway planes per second (fighters) = 1.32

average midway planes per 30 seconds (fighters) = 39.73

WORCESTERS STATS ARE LISTED WHEN DEFAA IS ACTIVE. these are the non-active stats below.

152mm avg dmg - 228 8.4km range

76.2mm avg dmg - 1,038 7km range

20mm avg dmg - 219 2.8km range

Edited by JessieTheKitty
  • Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
678 posts
6,094 battles
2 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

leave your thoughts on how brutal this would be to carriers :)

The Midway is OP , no tears nor sympathy here . I'd call it chemotherapy myself .

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
5,006 battles
2 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

leave your thoughts on how brutal this would be to carriers :)

Thoughts... thoughts...

Nope.  All I hear is my inner voice giggling.

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,535 battles
15 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

The Midway is OP , no tears nor sympathy here . I'd call it chemotherapy myself .

yeah but if you thought the minotaur was OP against carriers the 76.2mm guns without defaa alone are more powerful then minotaur

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,535 battles
1 minute ago, MidnightShamalan said:

:cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:
sweep_the_skies2.gif.39078271ea32d6e1b1e9585868c2ccf7.gif
:cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

thats exactly what ill be doing good chap xD

[-K-]
Privateers, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, WoWS Wiki Editor
5,851 posts
6,711 battles
22 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

I think this is the response you'll get from anybody except a CV main here.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,766 posts
8,761 battles
3 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

so i did i slight comparsion with the minotaur vs worcester (of course worcester stats may change) and if its going to get the standard x3 40 second AA boost the Des Moines has this thing can deplane a carrier (theoretically if we had 100 plane squadron) in one use of the consumable.

heres the stats with you want to look at them: 

with USS Worcesters stats released (THE TESTING STATS) i looked at the aa numbers did calculatons and COMPLETE aa build compared with minotaur the stats are of the following:

MINOTAUR: 
152mm avg dmg - 300.9, 8.4 km range.
76.2mm avg dmg - 488 7km range.
20mm avg dmg - 94 2.4km range.

total average per second: 882.9dmg.

total average per 30 seconds: 26,487

average midway planes per second (fighters) = .46

average midway planes per 30 seconds (fighters) = 13.86

WORCESTER:
152mm avg dmg - 581.4 8.4km range
76.2mm avg dmg - 1,608.9 7km range
20mm avg dmg - 339.45 2.8km range.

total average per second: 2,529.75

total average per 30 seconds: 75,892.5

average midway planes per second (fighters) = 1.32

average midway planes per 30 seconds (fighters) = 39.73

WORCESTERS STATS ARE LISTED WHEN DEFAA IS ACTIVE. these are the non-active stats below.

152mm avg dmg - 228 8.4km range

76.2mm avg dmg - 1,038 7km range

20mm avg dmg - 219 2.8km range

all it takes is a couple of HE salvos, and a SMART CV wont try and drop on a USN cruiser till later in the battle anyway, if they try to drop on a USN cruiser at the beginning they deserve to have their planes shredded, because at this point, it should be common knowledge that the high tier USN cruisers have AA that shreds planes out of the air

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,535 battles
22 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

all it takes is a couple of HE salvos, and a SMART CV wont try and drop on a USN cruiser till later in the battle anyway, if they try to drop on a USN cruiser at the beginning they deserve to have their planes shredded, because at this point, it should be common knowledge that the high tier USN cruisers have AA that shreds planes out of the air

Yeh but its not shreding anymore. Hell i think a nuclear SAM or land based missle would be less effective.

[WOLF6]
Members
678 posts
6,094 battles
16 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

yeah but if you thought the minotaur was OP against carriers the 76.2mm guns without defaa alone are more powerful then minotaur

I don't think the Minotaur's OP , It's a necessary hard counter against the cancer that is Midway . I bought the Atlanta out of pure hatred for CV's , And now If I get to rip Ashasio's a new one with it as well it'll be money well spent on chemotherapy .

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,535 battles
4 hours ago, retic1959 said:

I don't think the Minotaur's OP , It's a necessary hard counter against the cancer that is Midway . I bought the Atlanta out of pure hatred for CV's , And now If I get to rip Ashasio's a new one with it as well it'll be money well spent on chemotherapy .

well... lets put it this way. its like an atlanta vs tier 5 carriers except 3 times more deadly and the tier 5 carrier is a midway

[WOLF6]
Members
678 posts
6,094 battles
1 hour ago, JessieTheKitty said:

well... lets put it this way. its like an atlanta vs tier 5 carriers except 3 times more deadly and the tier 5 carrier is a midway

Still couldn't be happier about it , and still could care less about the threat to Midway's planes . CV's are too influential as it is . I'll be in a good position having Cleveland to get the Worcester rather quickly and plan on Mining CV tears with it .

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,535 battles
14 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Still couldn't be happier about it , and still could care less about the threat to Midway's planes . CV's are too influential as it is . I'll be in a good position having Cleveland to get the Worcester rather quickly and plan on Mining CV tears with it .

same. having 6 cv's on my team tonight that where morons cant wait to grind this thing

[WOLF3]
Members
19,351 posts
17,682 battles
On 3/24/2018 at 8:30 PM, tcbaker777 said:

IMO, it's not about deterring the CV from attacking the High Tier USN Cruiser.  What it's about is what can you defend with your AA.

IMO, the 2 greatest advantages Worcester has over Des Moines is Stealth & Long Range AA.  Worcester can get into position more easily than DM can, i.e. snuggle up closer to friendly DDs going for the caps without getting spotted.  DM is decent in stealth, but her AA range is average for high tier, so unless DM gets help like friendly DDs smoking for her to get closer, or there are islands, DM can't get too close, and have great cap coverage with AA.

Worcester, in contrast, with her better stealth can creep closer a bit more easily, and on top of that, has the long range to cover the capping DDs better.

Of course, don't make this out as a post saying DM will be irrelevant.  It's just Worcester's AA and especially stealth will let her do some things far better than DM.