You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ImperiumDylan

How Can I Determine My Playstyle?

21 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles

Play the different ship lines.

Keep in mind though, that after you've gained more experience, if you try the ship lines you did first and were mediocre in, you may find yourself doing better.

It went like that for me, and even then, my ship preferences shifted quite a bit as I played the game more.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Notser, Flamu, Flambass, and Panzerknacker on YouTube.

Peruse them and see what tickles your fancy.

• Cool 2

Members
3,929 posts
8,475 battles

Check your stats on na.wows-numbers.com and note what type of ship you do best on... and worst.

Watch YouTubes posted by good players.

Rinse and repeat.

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,002 battles
19 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Check your stats on na.wows-numbers.com and note what type of ship you do best on... and worst.

Watch YouTubes posted by good players.

Eat Bacon, Lots of it

Rinse and repeat.

Fixed that for you.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles

Play style example V Cruser Murmansk 

Facing  tierV cruisers in Game move in with DDs to support but not in Cap, engage any Cruiser at first sighting, be aggressive 

facing Tier Vll Cruisers ...support DDs at longer ranges only engage at 10+ k and use Murmansk superior maneuverability to avoid shots be less aggressive 

Members
4,723 posts
7,859 battles

AS stated.......find a ship you can play and get it totally upgraded.  This is very important. Found mine,,,,,Scharnhorst. Also Svetlana.....and tier 3 Boogie......Russian....... Stalinium.  I hate BBS but if Scharn comes up for sale again buy it.

[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,284 battles
On 3/24/2018 at 6:54 PM, ImperiumDylan said:

I need to.

After reading everything you have posted, I'm thinking your play style is 3.  Work on that for a while.  It will probably work great for you, but if you still think something is a bit off, try play style 5.  Definitely one of the two.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,916 battles

Do you charge at the enemy, or stay at the max of your guns, do you hide behind islands in things with weak armor, or run through the middle of the map. Do you spam HE and hope for best, or do you switch ammo. Do you hide and then strike furiously when in a position you can win? Do you YOLO off to the red cap?

A tip for future posts, give a time in a given time zone, and post asking for a division mate. So that someone can take some time to see you play and help you to answer these questions. You might not know what your asking, you are not asking why the sky is blue, you are asking questions repeatedly that are more like, what is the meaning of life.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,815 posts
10,973 battles

DON'T LISTEN TO ^^^^THESE ^^^^TROLLS!!!!!

THE and we do mean THE only way to determine your play style is to purchase and study ARGSY LEGOZER's  WOWS GUIDE TO PLAY STYLE DOMINANCE.  

For one, simple payment/gift of 8000 doubloons, my team of drunken, Aussie/American/Canadian unicum, good, decent, average and below average players with millions of hours of experience can review your games, interview you and your loved ones, division with you in game, and then, using the patented* LEGOZER PLAY STYLE DETERMINING FORMULA, suggest a ship or ship line that will help us whenever we see fit to call on you to do so!

Son, do NOT miss out on this exciting, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Here at the ARGSY LEGOZER warship gaming institute, we have evaluated thousands of different players in thousands of different games and largely determined that they should play a way that would help us, and, more importantly, me, every once in a while. WE hold the key to your continued enjoyment of this game, and, hell, life itself.  

What (besides 8000 lousy doubloons that you'd squander/fritter away on an almost certain incorrect play style) do you have to lose, my friend?? Let me tell you!! -> YOU STAND TO LOSE YOUR RANK IGNORANCE OF YOUR PLAY STYLE, THAT'S WHAT!

Get on board, son. There is no time to lose. Space in this exciting, innovative and AWARD WINNING** program is going fast, AND, for a limited time only, if you buy me a six pack twelve pack twenty four pack THIRTY PACK of really strong beer, I will review *one* of your games and point out all the stupid things you did.

*Patent pending in Togo only

**The ARGSY LEGOZER award for, I dunno, great game stuff, etc?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[FTWRK]
Banned
560 posts
3,810 battles
On 3/24/2018 at 4:54 PM, ImperiumDylan said:

I need to.

You are new. I think gunnery is the first thing you should master. BBs are good for this.

Cruisers that are easier I think are French, and USSR. These are a little more focused on sitting back and sniping w/ HE as opposed to say IJN or UK which have much riskier and therefore difficult play styles.\

After that you should learn the ropes with torps. Go to Japanese DDs for this; or maybe pan-Asian.

Edited by BlitzFalcon109

[ARGSY]
Members
1,815 posts
10,973 battles

In all seriousness, Dylan, you have several threads indicating that you are interested in battleships and that you like long range fighting that doesn't involve too much multi tasking.

My first impression is that you should play British battleships or German cruisers. In the British battleships, you can just point yourself at your target, stay at a moderate speed, and spam HE at max range. In German cruisers, especially the Konigsberg, you can out-range most of the competition from tier five until tier seven, rarely worried about "small ships" sneaking up on you.

You might also really like the German BB line which will allow you to sail into brawls and let your secondaries do a lot of the work for you.

I feel like Orion is a good fit for you. If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to play a few games in division with you with a number of different ships to see what you like. I'm on way more often than I should be. Look me up and invite me to division, and I will accept.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,685 posts
24,553 battles
12 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

You are new. I think gunnery is the first thing you should master. BBs are good for this.

True.  But cruisers have faster reload, so more rounds per min.

[FTWRK]
Banned
560 posts
3,810 battles
3 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

True.  But cruisers have faster reload, so more rounds per min.

Yes. He could try gunnery cruisers. But he will get deleted more since he will probably show broadside. And there is more multi-tasking in most cruisers except maybe soviet line that likes to sit farther back and use its rail guns. Cruiser positioning is ultimately harder than BBs. You could say the lower reload rate and longer ranges of BBs will ultimately require and improve his aiming skills more. Not sure if that is true though. Maybe.

Edited by BlitzFalcon109

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

Edited by Kuckoo