You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ddoubletapp1

Thriller In The HMS Orion - 6 on 2 Finish.

9 comments in this topic

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

I love those matches that end up in an "against all odds" finish - and this one certainly qualifies.

The Orion is one of my favorite "clubbing" and loss-streak-breaking ships - along with Gremy, Izy, Fujin, V-170, Murmansk and Konig - her HE alpha and fire chance put her on the cusp of "OP at tier" (and it might well be argued that she is over that cusp!).

This match features an average "low-tier-team-evaporation" - leaving Orion and Wyoming to hold the base against a mixed bag of 6 red ships.

Hilarity and HE fire-spam ensue!

I didn't save the result screens - but Orion finished up at 134.4K dmg with High Caliber and Confederate achievements.

Hope you enjoy it!

• Cool 2

Members
3,914 posts
8,383 battles

Nice come back!. Love battles like that. +1 Good old Orion. Love dreadnoughts and want more pre-dreads in the game:

• Cool 2

Members
1,352 posts
1,345 battles

Oh my god.... the Orion is such a meme. I played her with the Corgi account.... it was disgusting. 

Ree her name though. It brings back bad memories. 

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,889 posts
2,810 battles

Nice job digging out of the hole you dug yourself into.

You need to be more aggressive and use your BB's armor, health pool and heals to help your team out when your team is still alive.  Doing that reduces the chances that you need to pull late game heroics to win.

Also, targeting DDs more aggressively, particularly given you had HE loaded, is better than farming damage on BBs.

Last, where can I get opponents that consistently DC single fires?

• Cool 2

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
20 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Nice job digging out of the hole you dug yourself into.

You need to be more aggressive and use your BB's armor, health pool and heals to help your team out when your team is still alive.  Doing that reduces the chances that you need to pull late game heroics to win.

Also, targeting DDs more aggressively, particularly given you had HE loaded, is better than farming damage on BBs.

Last, where can I get opponents that consistently DC single fires?

Good advice, right there.

I mostly just play Orion to relax if a grind gets grindy, or I run into a few disappointing high tier games in a row.  I don't think much about it, I just load HE and rain lava on the largest targets in range - occasionally I am completely ineffective, occasionally late game heroics are required, and occasionally its a curb-stomping with Orion top of the board (by a margin).

Like I said - I don't put much thought into it - I mostly save that for higher tier cruiser and destroyer play - T4/5 BBs are a low stress break for me.

However - that doesn't lessen the quality of the advice, and anyone serious about performance and WR in their low tier BBs would do well to consider it.

I'm going to stay at the back - farm HE dmg and see if I can break 150K in this thing -ha ha!

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,889 posts
2,810 battles
3 minutes ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

I mostly just play Orion to relax if a grind gets grindy, or I run into a few disappointing high tier games in a row.

Good point there.  It is just Tier IV and seal clubbing too intensely isn't polite.

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Good point there.  It is just Tier IV and seal clubbing too intensely isn't polite.

Agreed - however, that said - my average damage in HMS Orion is now up to 70.5K (37 matches).  I'm betting it'll go over 100K by 60 matches.

Apparently I need to work on my politeness!