You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Mutsu

Worcester , She is almost here , Can't wait ! (*DISCLAIMER*)

71 comments in this topic

Members
92 posts
6,435 battles

FB_IMG_1521915946743.jpg?width=794&heigh

ST. American cruiser Worcester, tier X. (*ALL STATS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND ARE NOT FINAL*)

Hit points – 45400. Plating - 25 mm.

Armor belt – 127 mm.

Torpedo damage reduction – 19%.

Main battery - 6х2 152 mm.

Firing range – 14.7 km.

Maximum HE shell damage – 2200.

Chance to cause fire – 12%.

Maximum AP shell damage - 3200.

Reload time - 4.6 s.

180 degree turn time - 7.2 s.

Maximum dispersion - 134 m.

HE initial velocity - 812 m/s.

AP initial velocity - 762 m/s.

Sigma value – 2.0.

AA defense - 12x2 20 mm, range - 2.0 km, damage per second - 73.

2x1 76.2 mm, range - 5.0 km, damage per second - 39.

11x2 76.2 мм, range - 5.0 км, damage per second - 307.

6x2 152 mm, range - 6.0 km, damage per second - 76.

Maximum speed - 33 kt.

Turning circle radius - 740 m.

Rudder shift time – 10.7 s.

Surface detectability – 12.4 km.

Air detectability – 9.1 km.

Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 6.0 km.

Available consumables: Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Hydroacoustic Search/Surveillance Radar Data

Slot 3 - Defensive AA Fire Slot 4 - Repair Party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

*Hello Captains , Just wanted to let ya'll know i am working with a clanmate of getting numbers on what she would be like with the "Recommended / But not must have Upgrades" I'll have that posted down below later tonight. I'll also look into the stat changes with 19 point captain skills, Please do note , The values you should see will be BASE > Solo Upgrade change I.E Detection with concealment XX.XX > YY.YY , in that kind of format. I'll try to get it up as soon as possible , but we do have Clan Battles tonight so it could be later , Thank You for your Time and Patience* 

As i said i would try to post her stats with the different upgrades based on these current stats... I want to give a huge shout out to Carrier_Unryuu for typing up this amazing Excel she for me with out data and Destroyer_Arashi for helping my double check figures. Please do enjoy and use to get a feel for what Worcester would be like with these "Cliche/Meta" Upgrades. I hope you are just as excited , And until next time Kappatains ! 

JqdrUBa.jpg

Edited by Battleship_Mutsu
  • Cool 3

[-BMV-]
Members
1,227 posts
5,847 battles

I don't know how these ships will feel to play solo but div up with Brit cruisers or US DD's and they should be able to control caps. 

[SVF]
Members
1,150 posts
1,566 battles

The AA is comparable (except the Main DP battery auras, where the Minotaur is easily better sans DFAA buff), but that main battery range is terrible.

Alpha Tester
777 posts
1,515 battles
4 minutes ago, Battleship_Mutsu said:

If it was the counter it would only shoot HE ;) 

True. 

Given in a pair competent hands of a seasoned player, having HE to adapt to a heavily angled minotaur just made life a whole lot easier, since you can't bounce HE as much as AP. Then when minotaur shows broadside, AP it up. Smoked out? So what, you have Radar.

Members
92 posts
6,435 battles

Going of past Full Tree and Half tree releases , They get announced and depending on testing lengths ,  It seems it takes about 2-4 months roughly before release. From what i have seen. Like French BBs were being announced back in November

[RQL]
[RQL]
Privateers
238 posts
9,743 battles

I'm going to withhold judgement until the final balances are made (I'd like to see a bit faster reload, maybe down around 4.0) but I preliminarily like. Mino has better long range AA, this has better total and mid and short range AA. So Defensive AA should melt stuff

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
916 posts

Been saving since December.  CO ready to go, FXP ready to go.

LETS DO THIS!!!!

[WOLF3]
Members
19,330 posts
17,665 battles

This ship is bred to be a cap contester.

The medium range AA is comparable to DM.  That's good.

The long range AA has mediocre DPS but it has the same range as Minotaur and Neptune with a stock range of 6km.  Mino & Neps can reach out to 8.6km.  Mino & Neps however buff their AA with Manual AA trait, while X Worcester simply has Defensive Fire.  So we're talking USN High Tier AA with RN CL 8.6km range, and Defensive Fire access.

The concealment however is what opens my eyes wide.

12.4km is better than current Tier IX Baltimore.  IX Baltimore with Stealth Build goes down to 9.7km concealment which is better than Stealth Build Des Moines' 10.6km range.  X Worcester will be better than Baltimore's 9.7, far better than DM's 10.6.

Toss in that Tier X USN / RN Radar range is 9.9km, the same as DM and Radar Minotaur.  Ladies and gents, X Worcester has Radar that is longer ranged than its concealment range.

This ship is bred to be a cap contester.  If your DD can spot Worcester, you are well within her radar range.  This isn't like Moskva where you can outspot her even past her long radar range.  This is even worse than DM, because you still have a window that if you outspot DM, you can turn around and not get into DM's radar range.  If you spot Worcester, you're already about to get spotted when it pops Radar.

Put this thing in an islands oriented map, or have DDs / Division Mates that will drop smoke to let Worcester get closer, you have the makings of a very dangerous cap contesting Cruiser.  She'll also have fantastic AA to back up the DDs in the caps.  Very few Neptune & Mino players invest into Manual AA to really make their AA truly nasty.  Worcester has Defensive Fire, on top of the same 8.6km AA range of those RN CLs.

As it stands right now, to me, X Worcester is the sole bright spot of the USN Cruiser Split.  DM is unchanged and chilling at the beach.  And the way things are going for other USN Cruisers, that's probably a good thing.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[MIA-P]
Members
665 posts
6,305 battles

Erm... I don't like this one.

I said before that the other ships in this line look ok to me. Nothing close to OP, but definitely playable.

This ship is a grown up Atlanta. The average player has horrifically bad stats in the Atlanta because its playstyle is so specific and niche that it requires an incredible amount of luck and knowledge of how maps are usually played to pull it off and do great in it. This ship will have a similar problem; an extremely niche playstyle resulting in most people not understanding how to play it and a few mlg pro players wrecking house. Moreover, with a relatively high surface and air detection, as well as poor rudder shift (for a USN CA/CL), this thing will find getting into those niche positions (which will have to be somewhere near the front lines given its short range) that it needs extremely difficult. On some high tier maps, cruisers don't get within 14km of each other until the second half of the match. I think it's surface detection is slightly higher than that of the Atlanta, plus ships at tier 10 are both stealthier and deadlier than those at tier 7, making getting spotted while on the way to your ambush position extremely likely and deadly. I see a lot of frustrated players with this one.

I'm also a little concerned about how 152mm guns will perform at tier 10. Maybe IFHE can rectify it slightly, but can these kind of guns penetrate tier 10 BBs anywhere except the superstructure? The whole point of the Atlanta playstyle is that it is extremely niche, but can deal with anything if it finds those perfect positions. With pop-tart guns which are unable to damage anything, this thing might play terribly even with a good captain.

My recommendation for this ship: drop the max range to 14km (so it can hide behind islands more effectively while shooting), and give it a spotter plane (so it can control its range in the early game). I further recommend dropping its surface detection to 10km base (not sure about the specific number, but it needs to out-spot all other CL/CAs, including the Russian CLs). That will make getting into good positions much more realistic, and turn it into more of a DD-hunter.

Edited by senseNOTmade

[WOLF3]
Members
19,330 posts
17,665 battles
34 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

SuVHez2.gif

Its like my Atlanta but all grown up. 

Unlike Atlanta, Worcester is stealthier than her Radar range.

Interesting times ahead.  So far.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,153 posts
15,306 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Unlike Atlanta, Worcester is stealthier than her Radar range.

Interesting times ahead.  So far.

Now anything I saw about this ship is subject to change when we actually get to play it. But can you imagine a Worcester + Minotaur or Gearing div? It would be like running two Belfasts with a destroyer spotter. Oh the evil salt farm it could be. 

:cap_haloween:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,763 posts
8,748 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_Mutsu said:

FB_IMG_1521915946743.jpg?width=794&heigh

ST. American cruiser Worcester, tier X.

Hit points – 45400. Plating - 25 mm.

Armor belt – 127 mm.

Torpedo damage reduction – 19%.

Main battery - 6х2 152 mm.

Firing range – 14.7 km.

Maximum HE shell damage – 2200.

Chance to cause fire – 12%.

Maximum AP shell damage - 3200.

Reload time - 4.6 s.

180 degree turn time - 7.2 s.

Maximum dispersion - 134 m.

HE initial velocity - 812 m/s.

AP initial velocity - 762 m/s.

Sigma value – 2.0.

AA defense - 12x2 20 mm, range - 2.0 km, damage per second - 73.

2x1 76.2 mm, range - 5.0 km, damage per second - 39.

11x2 76.2 мм, range - 5.0 км, damage per second - 307.

6x2 152 mm, range - 6.0 km, damage per second - 76.

Maximum speed - 33 kt.

Turning circle radius - 740 m.

Rudder shift time – 10.7 s.

Surface detectability – 12.4 km.

Air detectability – 9.1 km.

Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 6.0 km.

Available consumables: Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Hydroacoustic Search/Surveillance Radar Data

Slot 3 - Defensive AA Fire Slot 4 - Repair Party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

*Hello Captains , Just wanted to let ya'll know i am working with a clanmate of getting numbers on what she would be like with the "Recommended / But not must have Upgrades" I'll have that posted down below later tonight. I'll also look into the stat changes with 19 point captain skills, Please do note , The values you should see will be BASE > Solo Upgrade change I.E Detection with concealment XX.XX > YY.YY , in that kind of format. I'll try to get it up as soon as possible , but we do have Clan Battles tonight so it could be later , Thank You for your Time and Patience* 

i can hear the loud crying of BBabies complaining about the HE spam already

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,373 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

i can hear the loud crying of BBabies complaining about the HE spam already

That's a normal day though, I think you mean just louder then usual. 

Members
454 posts
8,650 battles

I’m not sure about cap contesting if we are talking about getting in there with the DDs, versus sitting outside like the rest of the fleet in a suppport role.

No ship this size is going to be able to sit in a cap for very long, so for me this is just another cruiser spamming Minotaur style from the edges of the fray 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,763 posts
8,748 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

That's a normal day though, I think you mean just louder then usual. 

oh for sure, i knew people would complain about AP bombs and DWTs, i have a good feeling ill be right about people complaining about the HE spam from the USN CLs as well

Edited by tcbaker777