Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Verios44

Co-op AI carriers gripe

38 comments in this topic

Members
100 posts
352 battles

I am not a big fan of co-op, but I use the mode to grind out modules before I take a ship into pvp. 

My issue lies with the fact that every game I pmay in my Aslace, I have AI carriers. Each time, I seem to get the brunt of the aI CV's focus, and continuously dodging multiple torp waves is not very fun. 

Besides divisioning with a player CV, any magic button to get rid of annoying bot CV's?

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles

Simple.   You CTRL+LMB and focus the planes unit by unit.  AI CVs rarely come at you with the entire bomber group at the same time, so this will be effective even without an AA Spec.

If you have invested BFT, AFT then you will be better off.  A bunch of Alsace players build for Secondaries Build, so BFT & AFT tend to show up in their build which buffs their AA at the same time.  The big improvement in Alsace's AA is when you get the Hull-B module.  This isn't Iowa / Missouri levels of AA but you will be pretty decently well off.

yzCn1Kc.jpg

YgnoOFN.jpg

If you didn't invest into any AA on a ship with decent AA capability, then I don't know what to tell you than to deal with it the same way Musashi deals with air threats:  Pray a CV doesn't pick on you and you have AA support nearby, watch for bombers a long ways off and start maneuvering against them as early as possible.

[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,600 battles
23 minutes ago, Verios44 said:

continuously dodging multiple torp waves is not very fun.

It's good practice for randoms though.

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The feeling of being in a Tirpitz when a player Midway is sending a mass strike on you with 2 TBs and 2 AP DBs :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,497 posts
4,398 battles
11 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

:Smile_great:

I don't understand how some people can complain about bot CV's in Coop, when it's dirt easy to prepare yourself for incoming strikes. Even in ships like Tirpitz and Musashi, it's barely an issue.

Bots don't use manual drops. You can literally see enemy torp bombers circling you before they drop. That's a truck load of warning time you get to start playing some Eurobeat on your music player.

Bots fly their planes in a straight line. Just looking at the minimap and seeing where the planes are headed will pretty much tell you who's about to receive strikes.

If those players have such trouble with bot CV's, how will they handle human CV's in Random?? More griping on forums? :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,098 posts
19,494 battles
10 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I don't understand how some people can complain about bot CV's in Coop, when it's dirt easy to prepare yourself for incoming strikes. Even in ships like Tirpitz and Musashi, it's barely an issue.

Bots don't use manual drops. You can literally see enemy torp bombers circling you before they drop. That's a truck load of warning time you get to start playing some Eurobeat on your music player.

Bots fly their planes in a straight line. Just looking at the minimap and seeing where the planes are headed will pretty much tell you who's about to receive strikes.

If those players have such trouble with bot CV's, how will they handle human CV's in Random?? More griping on forums? :fish_palm:

This^^^

If I can dodge torpedo strikes in a barge like Musashi, and at most take one hit, it can't be that hard for something even more manuverable.

[NWNG]
Members
2,785 posts
4,652 battles

Complaining about Bot CVs, when they are the easiest CVs to deal with... unless you set up 12 CVs to one side in training room (before training room went live, thus having to edit game data to access)

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
725 posts
10,758 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

What I thought exactly.  Wait until he runs into a GOOD CV player like Fem...  Oh boy. :Smile_hiding:  I've noted that they tend to go for the closest target.  So if you are yoloing out in front and the bot CV is opposite of you, YOU tend to be the target.  Note, I said tend to.  I don't Co-Op anywhere as much as I used too since Op's came out.  :Smile_Default:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,334 battles

Torp planes from bot CV's are not overly hard to deal with other than an occasional cross drop (of sorts). The dive bombers can be an issue however. Especially on a ship with bad AA like Musashi.

Alsace has decent AA when running the upgraded hull. I went secondary build on mine for Co-op vs AA and my Capt has BFT/AFT so the AA gets a boost. I have little issue with planes in it.

X8sOuUF.jpg

7pCcPY0.jpg

[GOFU]
Members
893 posts
9,259 battles

I shot down (almost)50 Kaga planes in my GasCan in co-op and still got sunk..

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
On 3/24/2018 at 11:08 AM, Sovereigndawg said:

No, it's not. CV players in Randoms drop manually and usually don't miss so badly. CVs in coop are just a complete waste of time and energy, and degrades the  battle environment while offering zero fun or learning factor. Never mind that the "friendly" not only TKs but steals damage and kills that might have gone to the human players.

At least, coop players should be able to choose whether they want a CV present.  

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,600 battles
33 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

No, it's not. CV players in Randoms drop manually and usually don't miss so badly. CVs in coop are just a complete waste of time and energy, and degrades the  battle environment while offering zero fun or learning factor. Never mind that the "friendly" not only TKs but steals damage and kills that might have gone to the human players.

I did say practice didn't I.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,497 posts
4,398 battles
6 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I disagree. It is still a practice, even if the bots don't use manual drop. It can help the player develop the necessary skill for keeping an eye out for planes in the sky. Keeping an eye out for any enemy planes in your vicinity. Keeping an eye out for where your friendly planes are going and doing. And most importantly, practicing torpedo beats. How aren't these important skills to have?

TK-ing and kill stealing happens in Random too, whether intentional or not. Don't kid yourself that it only happens with bots. If bots are taking your kills, you need to step up and play better. If you're getting torped by friendly bot CV, then you need to stop going too close to the enemy. Even German BB's don't need to go so close to brawl; all you need is to get within the secondary range. And watch where the friendly bot bombers are going and keep at a safe distance. Is that so hard?

It sounds to me like people like you and OP just can't handle the bot CV's. It makes me really wonder, maybe such people just want to have stuffs handed to them on a silver plate in Coop, like a freebie. Well, guess what? Coop mode =/= freebie mode. Deal with it. Either learn to adopt & lrn2play, or go back to Random if you can't handle some BOT controlled aircraft carriers.

I'll repeat what I said in my previous post:

If you have such trouble with bot CV's, how are you gonna deal with human CV's in Random??

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1

Members
6 posts
6,123 battles

Can someone tell me if manual drop is available at tier 4 and 5? Nothing at all happens when I press the ALT key with an attack plane selected.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,497 posts
4,398 battles
1 minute ago, Fibonnaci_1 said:

Can someone tell me if manual drop is available at tier 4 and 5? Nothing at all happens when I press the ALT key with an attack plane selected.

Manual drop is available from Tier 6 and up.

Members
319 posts
5,573 battles

Finished my first 19 point captain grind in Hindy this morning.   After the first Midway game (Got detonated by an AP bomb after 134 k damage), I dropped sonar and put in defensive AA module.   Finished my grind by shooting down from 22 to 46 planes per match over 20 matches.

As others in this thread have said, its a dang good training exercise for when you see CVs in random.   My fingers are malformed from the emergency stop and hard turn keystrokes.  :)

Edited by ikeystonei

[NWNG]
Members
2,785 posts
4,652 battles
7 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Don't worry about killing, unless you're grinding something that requires you to get kills. Getting the kill provides no extra bonus. I hate people who complain about Kill-stealing, because this is a TEAM oriented game.

[PVE]
Members
1,698 posts
7,347 battles
28 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Don't worry about killing, unless you're grinding something that requires you to get kills. Getting the kill provides no extra bonus. I hate people who complain about Kill-stealing, because this is a TEAM oriented game.

Its funny though how most people spell TEAM with an 'I'.

[NWNG]
Members
2,785 posts
4,652 battles
28 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Its funny though how most people spell TEAM with an 'I'.

well... it is possible to find the i in team... though it takes the right typeface...

Members
376 posts
5 battles

If you can't even deal with AI carriers, you would have no hope in hell against an even barely compitent player controlled carrier. Just saying. I want them to stay because atleast then the variety for matches is higher and it allows some people such as my friend who go AA builds to have something to do when he spends an hour or two in co-op relaxing from a terrible day. 

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
21 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

If you have such trouble with bot CV's, how are you gonna deal with human CV's in Random??

*sigh* Nobody has trouble with bot CVs.

That is why they shouldn't be in Coop.

The issue is that they are boring and stupid.

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
20 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Why does a bot CV need damage and kills? Is it grinding? Fulfilling a mission? Does it need credits? Is it worried about the length of the battle? Does it want to win?

Many players find the act of getting kills enjoyable in and of itself.

Don't need bot CVs in Coop. They add nothing but tedium

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,497 posts
4,398 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

*sigh* Nobody has trouble with bot CVs.

That is why they shouldn't be in Coop.

The issue is that they are boring and stupid.

That's your opinion. Plenty of other people think otherwise, and I'm one of them. The bot CV's should stay.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,497 posts
4,398 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Why does a bot CV need damage and kills? Is it grinding? Fulfilling a mission? Does it need credits? Is it worried about the length of the battle? Does it want to win?

Many players find the act of getting kills enjoyable in and of itself.

Don't need bot CVs in Coop. They add nothing but tedium

That's not even an issue, because ALL bots, whether it's a CV or not, can take damage and kills away from human players. And you have no problem with non-CV bots doing that, while you do with bot CV's? Talk about double standard and hyperbole.

It's also no different from other players taking your damage and kills away from you, whether it's Coop or Random.

No, you just need to step up your game play better. Then you'll earn your damage and kills. Take those damage and kills before bots hoard it away. If you can't even do that... why are you even playing Coop? Like I said, don't expect a freebie just because it's Coop mode.

Sign in to follow this