Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Galvanic_

What about...

8 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
44 posts

So my main frustration in this game is the carrier, specifically the all seeing "eye of sauron". There are a lot of light armored stealthy ships that suffer from any cv game because they are constantly spotted the whole game. Would it make sense to have a radio range for cv's? Where they can still see what their planes are seeing so they can strike, but wouldn't be able to pass spotting information on to the rest of the team unless they were close enough. Discuss.

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
461 posts
5,288 battles

planes have a shorter sighting range than surface vessels. Meanwhile in WWII stupid carriers are using them to scout for the force because of greater range speed and normally working radios.

proposing a nerf for carriers which already have troubles won't go over well.

reduced time in the air instead of loitering for the whole game would increase micro management as well as increase lost planes during battle because of fuel considerations.

however, increasingly more accurate AA on loitering planes would definitely address concerns of small surface combatants.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,380 posts
13,558 battles

So the task of spotting for the team goes to just DDS, seems as you want to get rid of their main purpose.

[RLGN]
Members
10,033 posts
19,426 battles

As a carrier; one of my jobs is to annoy destroyers. Mostly so they don't go bother my team, but completely selfishly so they don't come bother ME.

As a destroyer, I don't get bothered by carriers often enough for it to be an issue to me. I work to not be spotted. If I am; I work to be unspotted and out of range to get shot at by annoying pew-pews.

If I get sunk; I sometimes shout (redacted) things at my computer screen, then sit back to watch the rest of the game.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,889 posts
2,810 battles

So the only counter to a DD should be another DD?

How very stealth, assassin class like of you.

[OLDSK]
Beta Testers
408 posts
5,408 battles

Wait, so carriers need a nerf so that players on a team will have less incentive to use teamwork?  I like baiting a carriers planes into flying over the nearest AA cruiser, it's what they're for after all.

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts
12 hours ago, Galvanic_ said:

So my main frustration in this game is the carrier, specifically the all seeing "eye of sauron". 

You spot people in your DD, right. Why should you be able to spot them and they not you?

Sign in to follow this