Sign in to follow this  
yacskn

Download Speeds Too Slow

14 comments in this topic

Members
502 posts
16,252 battles

This is not a one-time thing. This is a recurring theme whenever I have to reinstall the game for whatever reason.

At best it hovers around 340KB/s, at worst it barely goes above 130KB/s.

It takes me 10-15 hours to download the damn game. 

Every.

Single.

Time.

It's not a connection issue on my end. I've made certain of that in each case.

For whatever it's worth, the launcher that does the downloading is the standalone version (WoWs), not the Game Center one.

Members
868 posts

I have Gamecenter and used a hotspot! Three hours ago. Took 15 minutes. However I clicked to send pieces of the update as they are ready while I play the game. That might have helped.

Members
1,876 posts
5,823 battles

It takes me 5 mins to download updates, and 15 minutes for a complete install. So it is not war gaming!!!!! Got to be your ISP.

• Cool 1

Members
502 posts
16,252 battles
2 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

It takes me 5 mins to download updates, and 15 minutes for a complete install. So it is not war gaming!!!!! Got to be your ISP.

It's not an update, it's a full reinstall. Read the post.

Anyway to those who are interested, the issue apparently stems from allowing seeding. If you disable update seeding through the Launcher settings, it goes back to normal.

In the meantime, I will pretend not to have noticed the glaring consistency in how a company that screws over constructive teamplay by placing a disproportionate emphasis on damage dealt, also screws users over by highly disincentivising file sharing.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

i had this problem at one point, but it turned out to be my firewall partially blocking it and being silly.

Edited by MidnightShamalan

Members
4 posts
481 battles

I have the same issue, it's the servers I am trying to grab packets from, my internet is fine, 50 down 10 up and downloads any other game at this rate.... but not wargaming, I've gotten 50 kb/s speed it's atrocious. Also I have unwhitelisted it from my firewall.

Edited by Clonenw

Members
1 post
104 battles

World of Tanks downloads just fine for me. I just completed a 285mb update for WoT and no issues there (1.4MB/s). Tried to re-install WoWS and get 0.01 - 4.8KB/s. Yes WoWS is allowed through my firewall. Yes I ran speedtest.net and am getting 10 down/5 up. No there are no other programs running or updating.

[WLDD]
Supertester
204 posts
5,820 battles

You're speed issues could be due to the fact that the Game Center is utilizing torrent protocols and a number of ISPs try to limit bandwidth for torrents due to the generally 'illicit' nature of them. You can try changing the port in your game center to see if that helps. I recommended port 22 in a previous thread, but have yet to test it or hear back from someone who has.

[LA-UN]
Members
4 posts
4,960 battles

i just turned off the seeding updates option and the speed went from snailing 300kbps to 1.6 mbps... soo...

[WLDD]
Supertester
204 posts
5,820 battles

Login to your router and check the firewall settings. ISP's can limit or even block torrent ports from there for unknowning clients

Members
1 post

To help some of you who ever is looking to resolve this open your game center and click on settings/ updates and make sure all options are set unlimited, solved my slow speeds for update.

Sign in to follow this