You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKaitoGhost

Tier 6 Dallas

193 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,681 posts
1,096 battles

ST. American cruiser Dallas, tier VI.

Hit points – 28300. Plating - 16 mm. Armor belt – 89 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 4%.

Main battery - 2х2 152 mm, 2x3 152 mm. Firing range – 14.3 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2200. Chance to cause fire – 12%. Maximum AP shell damage - 3200. Reload time - 10 s. 180 degree turn time - 22.5 s. Maximum dispersion - 132 m. HE initial velocity - 812 m/s. AP initial velocity - 762m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

AA defense - 14x1 20 mm, range - 2.0 km, damage per second - 50. 6x2 40 mm, range - 3.5 km, damage per second - 68. 2x1 127 mm, range - 5.0 km, damage per second - 16. 2x2 127 mm, range - 5.0 km, damage per second - 30.

Maximum speed - 32.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 650 m. Rudder shift time – 8.0 s. Surface detectability – 11.9 km. Air detectability – 6.8 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 5.6 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire

Slot 3 - Catapult Fighter

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

gS4n4ug.jpg

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,868 battles

Cleveland firing arcs? I think I will just stick to Budyonny and Molotov lasers....

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,868 battles

14.3 Range. A great snack for the T8s it will regularly see. Needs another 2  kms at least. 

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
6,764 posts
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

14.3 Range. A great snack for the T8s it will regularly see. Needs another 2  kms at least. 

Range will be the problem with all the sub Tier 9 USN CL/CA's, and no smoke/so-so concealment will render them worthless. Also, no Sonar on the T6? So.. the ONLY T6 cruiser in the whole game with no sonar?

[HYDRO]
Members
2,868 posts
4,596 battles

So far this looks a bit underwhelming even when compared to the rest of the T6 pack. The only advantage you seem to be getting so far is good detection range with CE (I think its 10.1km). But that reload should be 8 secs if you take into account the fewer guns and the floaty shells. In the meantime Budyonny is laughing in a corner.....

[FTWRK]
Members
381 posts
10,043 battles

These stats are not final, luckily. Heck, they haven't even been test driven yet. Datamined stuff like this literally means nothing...

• Cool 5

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
7 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

These stats are not final, luckily. Heck, they haven't even been test driven yet. Datamined stuff like this literally means nothing...

Bingo

No sense getting all worked up.... yet. Let's see where she ends up.

Edited by Skarp_AGW
  • Cool 3

[MIA-P]
Members
665 posts
6,322 battles

I'm pretty sure these are stock stats.

With a bit of a health and range upgrade this will basically be the new cleveland. 2.0 Sigma seems pretty sweet. AP shells seem extremely slow (I think it's even slower than the current cleveland shells?), so they're only gonna be useful in very close range brawls.

[PVE]
Members
677 posts
5,725 battles

That range is no good. It might be okay if it was stock, but not after its GFCS upgrade. With a range that low I see no reason to go back for it (already have Cleveland).

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Good DD trainer for you to get used to anemic gun ranges where you cannot hope to fire back, yet can get pinned from across the map. This is totally going to be the thing that turns the tide on the BB population trend!!

OR... it'll be the free XP dump/grind wall they imagined it to be. Who knows.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,681 posts
1,096 battles
16 minutes ago, senseNOTmade said:

I'm pretty sure these are stock stats.

With a bit of a health and range upgrade this will basically be the new cleveland. 2.0 Sigma seems pretty sweet. AP shells seem extremely slow (I think it's even slower than the current cleveland shells?), so they're only gonna be useful in very close range brawls.

They state that these are the base stats with all the top upgrades.

[HELLS]
Members
2,057 posts
19,555 battles

When Cleveland moves up to T8 in the split she will need a HUGE buff to be competitive, unless they give us back our OLD Cleveland (pre-beta with radar and higher ROF). Otherwise she is just meat on the table for T9s and 10s. Even a return to the old Cleveland specs will be iffy but at least they can be made to work. I bought back Pensacola in anticipation of the line split. I hated the ship pre-buff and still am not fond of it, so she will be pretty much a port queen until the split happens. I do not wish to do another grind in the USN lines. In the meantime, we can all speculate..'cause only the WoW Shadow knows...

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,868 battles

Confused here. Is this just a placeholding name for another cruiser? A paper ship? Was this thing actually planned? 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,386 posts
6,776 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

The Emerald will have at least half a chance against this thing, then.

[SVF]
Members
1,152 posts
1,590 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Less guns, worse reload, likely less armor.  Meh.

89mm belt like Atlanta/Flint.

57 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

It's posted in the devblog, not datamined.

[RLGN]
Members
10,125 posts
19,511 battles
14 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

None of the new CAs impress at all..too bad..

Data mining aside; if this ship is as bad as some here are saying; there will always be players who can do well with such ‘dogs.’

For me; Mutsuki, Marblehead/Murmansk, and Emerald.

If anything, it is the T8 Cleveland I don’t much care for. I was barely ably to get it to work well at T6, (unlike, apparently, everyone else who ever used the thing...) why should I expect to do any better just because it’s tier went up?

[DPG]
Members
1,339 posts
5,803 battles

What is this ship even based on?  The only ships named USS Dallas were a Clemson class DD, two Des Moines class CAs(both cancelled) and the LA class sub.

Edited by Amenhir

Members
1,776 posts
11,195 battles

Is this suppose to replace the Cleveland (which I rarely play since they nerfed it)? 

If so, I'll do what most other will. I'll keep the tier 8 Cleveland and use it to climb to tier 10 quicker and sell the Dallas for the free slot and $$

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,910 battles
2 hours ago, The_Grand_One said:

Yeah, it's not datamined if it's coming from the Dev FB page.

[FTWRK]
Members
381 posts
10,043 battles
2 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Yeah, it's not datamined if it's coming from the Dev FB page.

They also state everything is subject to change, though.... so to assume this will be the ship that will be released is somewhat naïve. the odds are 99.9% this will not be the ship that will be released.