You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FlashTX1

Stupid Question Avoided

23 comments in this topic

[REEF]
Beta Testers
816 posts
9,162 battles

"There is no such thing as a "stupid question"!  How many times have we all heard it, a hundred, a thousand?   Well, I almost asked a question WAY beyond stupid for someone that has been playing since Closed Beta!  :Smile_amazed:  I should have known the answer to this question when I first started playing, but I just figured it out today because I was baffled by what some teammates asked me.  So, instead of showing my ignorance I lied!  Yes, I lied to my team/clan mates rather than show my ignorance.  :Smile_ohmy:Then I started to post the INCREDIBLY STUPID question on forums in the hopes my clan mates wouldn't see it.  :Smile_great:But just as I was ready to post it, I decided to go and do some "testing" to see if I could figure it out.  :Smile_playing:  It took me an HOUR, an HOUR!!!!!  :Smile_facepalm:  When I figured it out I wanted to beat myself with a cold Mackerel for being so stupid and never realizing this!  :Smile_hiding:  Now, I know what you are all wondering, what was it.  I'm not going to tell unless I get a LOT of requests to reveal how truly clueless I really was about a VERY simple part of the game.  :Smile_child:  If someone guesses it, I will admit to it.  :Smile_popcorn: Yes, file this under why did I waste my time reading this!!!!!  :Smile-angry:

• Boring 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Pressing the CTRL key gives you the pointer so you can click on a ship so your secondary guns target it, or air planes so the AA attacks it....

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles

What poi means.

No really, its how to use say goodlyck and fair seas to all chat.

Members
22,445 posts
5,792 battles

There are no stupid questions.....

.....just stupid people that ask them! :Smile_hiding::Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles

Press M on your keyboard , this takes you to the tactical map we’re all visible ships are shown with there “true heading” the minimap just gives position,the tactical map also shows all fired Torps plus other great info

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles
5 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Pressing the CTRL key gives you the pointer so you can click on a ship so your secondary guns target it, or air planes so the AA attacks it....

My friend .. I’ve got your Avitar tattooed on my arm since I was 17 .. many years ago:Smile_Default:

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
3 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

My friend .. I’ve got your Avitar tattooed on my arm since I was 17 .. many years ago:Smile_Default:

Well, I'm not paying for copyright... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[REEF]
Beta Testers
816 posts
9,162 battles
On 3/24/2018 at 4:37 AM, kiwi1960 said:

Nope

[REEF]
Beta Testers
816 posts
9,162 battles
On 3/24/2018 at 4:55 AM, c3shooter said:

What poi means.

No really, its how to use say goodlyck and fair seas to all chat.

Nope

[REEF]
Beta Testers
816 posts
9,162 battles
20 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Press M on your keyboard , this takes you to the tactical map we’re all visible ships are shown with there “true heading” the minimap just gives position,the tactical map also shows all fired Torps plus other great info

Nope

[REEF]
Beta Testers
816 posts
9,162 battles
20 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Know how you feel. It's ok.

Thank You!  Love your Nimitz quote and your TEXAS image, she is the pride of TEXAS and we need to quit screwing around and get her fixed!

[REEF]
Beta Testers
816 posts
9,162 battles
20 hours ago, Skpstr said:

There are no stupid questions.....

.....just stupid people that ask them! :Smile_hiding::Smile_teethhappy:

LOL, ok, this is a good enough response that I will reveal my stupid question.

How do you tell if you are still spotted after the initial "Detected!" warning!  :Smile_hiding:

I can't believe I've been playing for almost 3 years and I just figured this out!  I feel like a stupid person!!!  :Smile_facepalm:  It was so obvious, I was so mad at myself, I literally wanted to beat myself with a stick for being so stupid!!!!:Smile-angry:  I have never, NEVER noticed the aiming reticle on the ships icon before!  I mean we aren't talking noticed it and questioned what it was, I have NEVER, EVER noticed it before now!!!!!  :Smile_amazed:  I need to be keel-hauled!  :Smile_bajan2:

[WOLF6]
Members
766 posts
4,874 battles

I thought the aiming reticule on the ship icon (in the team list in the upper right corner) is the guy YOU are targeting.

ive noticed it before and thought that it was the guy who is targeting me, but when I’m spotted and targeted by more than one ship (when my priority target numbers go up)  you don’t get more than one target reticle.   

Then I noticed the target reticule changes based on who I am targeting (pressing x, pointing to another target pressing x, etc) so my conclusion is that the target reticule represents the player I am targeting.

I could be totally wrong, the detected indicator in ships is not like the WoT sixth sense indicator.  I thought that when the detected indicator goes away in ships you are not detected anymore.

of course I can and have been totally incorrect before.

[REEF]
Beta Testers
816 posts
9,162 battles
14 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

I thought the aiming reticule on the ship icon (in the team list in the upper right corner) is the guy YOU are targeting.

ive noticed it before and thought that it was the guy who is targeting me, but when I’m spotted and targeted by more than one ship (when my priority target numbers go up)  you don’t get more than one target reticle.   

Then I noticed the target reticule changes based on who I am targeting (pressing x, pointing to another target pressing x, etc) so my conclusion is that the target reticule represents the player I am targeting.

I could be totally wrong, the detected indicator in ships is not like the WoT sixth sense indicator.  I thought that when the detected indicator goes away in ships you are not detected anymore.

of course I can and have been totally incorrect before.

You are correct!!!!  @#&^$!@$&,  :Smile-angry:  I really do need to be Keel Hauled!  So, after you get the initial warning that you are spotted (detected), how do you know when you are no longer spotted (detected) by an enemy ship/plane?   :Smile_sad:

[WOLF6]
Members
766 posts
4,874 battles

Again I could be totally wrong, but I believe when the detected indicator goes away you aren’t detected anymore.

the detected indicator stays up the entire time you are spotted.

again it’s different from the wot sixth sense indicator which comes up 3 seconds after you are spotted and goes away (but you are still spotted)

Edited by wtfovr

Members
22,445 posts
5,792 battles
41 minutes ago, FlashTX1 said:

You are correct!!!!  @#&^$!@$&,  :Smile-angry:  I really do need to be Keel Hauled!  So, after you get the initial warning that you are spotted (detected), how do you know when you are no longer spotted (detected) by an enemy ship/plane?   :Smile_sad:

I honestly am not 100% sure lol.

I know there's times when the indicator flashes green and disappears, and I'm definitely not spotted or targetted after that, but it doesn't always happen.

[FTWRK]
Members
381 posts
10,037 battles
1 hour ago, wtfovr said:

Again I could be totally wrong, but I believe when the detected indicator goes away you aren’t detected anymore.

the detected indicator stays up the entire time you are spotted.

again it’s different from the wot sixth sense indicator which comes up 3 seconds after you are spotted and goes away (but you are still spotted)

^ this. As long as it says "detected" you are detected. When you're no longer detected it disappears. Sometimes it doesn't disappear, and there's no ships in range... That means a plane behind an island is spotting you, or a DD is stalking you. If there's a plane besides detected, you're spotted by plane. If there's some radar icon besides the detected, it's either hydro or radar spotted. When all it says is " detected" , start the torp beats....

Edited by The_Grand_One

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
5 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

^ this. As long as it says "detected" you are detected. When you're no longer detected it disappears. Sometimes it doesn't disappear, and there's no ships in range... That means a plane behind an island is spotting you, or a DD is stalking you.

Well, when you are spotted by a plane, there is a little plane under the spotted icon. So if no plane and no red ships in view, then stealth ship is stalking you.

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,548 battles
3 hours ago, FlashTX1 said:

Thank You!  Love your Nimitz quote and your TEXAS image, she is the pride of TEXAS and we need to quit screwing around and get her fixed!

Thanks, I've probably visited the Texas over 20 times in my life. First time was when I was in the 4th grade on a field trip. Taken my own kids and my grandson as well. I did volunteer restoration work on her the last time they worked on her. Love that ship.