You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mark_in_missouri

Special Captain skills

7 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
26,537 battles

After completing the French collection and obtaining a unique 10 pt. Captain (Jean-Jacques Honore) whose specializations are Adrenaline Rush & Expert Marksman I began selecting other commander skills.  Would it be a waste of skill points if I selected Expert Marksman and Adrenaline rush as well?  Would they stack with this Special Captain's specializations?  Both these are good skills to have on just about any ship (except CVs) and double the impact would be really cool!  Thanks.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,096 posts
11,076 battles

You get the bonus he gives each skill if you take them . Not sure what you mean by stacking as they effect different things .  'Expert Marksman' increases the speed of your main battery's turret rotation and 'Adrenaline Rush' increases the reload speed of your armaments when you have lost HP . 

Depending on the type of ship is what would make a difference to me as to whether or not I would take 'Expert Marksman' .  As you said it would be almost useless to a CV and of small use ( usually ) to a DD . 

:Smile_honoring:

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

You only get those special skills if you actually spec your captain to have them. They are not innately given skills and there is no doubling their efficiency. Generally, I would suggest those 2 special skills are especially good for french battleships. However, the choice is yours...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,253 posts
10,908 battles
8 hours ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

You get the bonus he gives each skill if you take them . Not sure what you mean by stacking as they effect different things .  'Expert Marksman' increases the speed of your main battery's turret rotation and 'Adrenaline Rush' increases the reload speed of your armaments when you have lost HP . 

Depending on the type of ship is what would make a difference to me as to whether or not I would take 'Expert Marksman' .  As you said it would be almost useless to a CV and of small use ( usually ) to a DD . 

:Smile_honoring:

This and at least for me you can never have your turrets turn fast enough.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles
8 hours ago, mark_in_missouri said:

After completing the French collection and obtaining a unique 10 pt. Captain (Jean-Jacques Honore) whose specializations are Adrenaline Rush & Expert Marksman I began selecting other commander skills.  Would it be a waste of skill points if I selected Expert Marksman and Adrenaline rush as well?  Would they stack with this Special Captain's specializations?  Both these are good skills to have on just about any ship (except CVs) and double the impact would be really cool!  Thanks.

For the special skills to work you have to pick those Captain skills and in the French Captain it’s expert marksman and adrenaline rush to get the added benefit 

[BS]
Members
1,377 posts
7,635 battles
5 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

For the special skills to work you have to pick those Captain skills and in the French Captain it’s expert marksman and adrenaline rush to get the added benefit 

you know what, it would be cool if these special captain's had "baked in" skill upgrades. As in, the captain speeds up turret traverse by 10% regardless of what ship he's in, without having to pick expert marksman... And if you do pick EM, it'll stack with the skill.

EJ