Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

I Think I Just Made Some New Friends

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,565
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,272 posts
10,908 battles

I was reported for the first time tonight after this match. Apparently having an insanely awesome match is reason for reporting. I thank both of you for giving me my first in game negs. :Smile_honoring:

6hMI8Ic.jpg

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
422
[CK5]
Members
983 posts
8,594 battles

Good job on the nice match.  There is no logic to Karma reporting.  It could have been one (or both) of the ships you sunk didn't like it.  It could have been one of your team mates who didn't think you were playing the "right" way.  It could have been someone triggered for God  knows why by something you said in chat.  

Still, nice match.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,565
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,272 posts
10,908 battles
1 minute ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Good job on the nice match.  There is no logic to Karma reporting.  It could have been one (or both) of the ships you sunk didn't like it.  It could have been one of your team mates who didn't think you were playing the "right" way.  It could have been someone triggered for God  knows why by something you said in chat.  

Still, nice match.  

Thanks, I have been struggling to get a handle on her and hopefully this is the start of good things where her. Yeah, there is no rhyme or reason to karma. I really think that negs should be public along with a written reason for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,725
[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

When I was a crappy player, I had up to 20 karma. Then I started placing at the top two or three of the team in games and my karma started going down. I think lots of poor players give the better players negative karma out of jealously. Currently I have 0 karma. I had 1 karma a few days ago but then I placed at the top of my team with 4 kills and lost it.  I've also noticed that you lose karma when you have tier X ships. I think a lot of up-tiered players just hand out negative karma because they are pissed at the matchmaker.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,069
[SALVO]
Members
20,022 posts
19,932 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Thanks, I have been struggling to get a handle on her and hopefully this is the start of good things where her. Yeah, there is no rhyme or reason to karma. I really think that negs should be public along with a written reason for them.

Nah.  I think that they should either get rid of the entire Karma system, or possibly get rid of just the neg's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,954
[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles

It would appear that congratulations are in order regarding your new Aigle also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,976
[RLGN]
Members
10,051 posts
19,462 battles

Or maybe someone just hates Minotaurs?

Mind you; the last one I saw was in Musashi and I blew it to hell and gone with extreme prejudice...

...revenge enough that; no need for negative karma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I was reported for the first time tonight after this match. Apparently having an insanely awesome match is reason for reporting. I thank both of you for giving me my first in game negs. :Smile_honoring:

6hMI8Ic.jpg

 

Yea the week after I got the new emblem my Karma went from 21 to 6 .. I’m a team player , hardly ever use chat , always nice when I do ..

it’s not yer bad play that gets Karma removed.. people think the Atlanta is up to know good firing over mountains for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,565
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,272 posts
10,908 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Nah.  I think that they should either get rid of the entire Karma system, or possibly get rid of just the neg's.

 

Just add accountability to it. Make both negs and pluses public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles

You could also let it be known who gave or took Karma away ... Reason! What game ?

Wouldn’t that be fun to the anti Karma folks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,069
[SALVO]
Members
20,022 posts
19,932 battles
26 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Just add accountability to it. Make both negs and pluses public.

I don't give a flying bleep about making them public.  I just want them GONE.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
60 posts

My first minus karma was from a DD teammate who sank me by firing torps behind me. He complained that it was my fault he turned pink because I should have kept going in a straight line instead of turning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,093
[KP]
Beta Testers
2,556 posts
12,334 battles

I had an awesome game in my Akazuki, 150k plus damage, capped, killed 4 ships, and we won by a land slide, looked at karma and was reported twice.  All I know is someone on the other side of the world was really upset. 

The best thing is, I did that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
728
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,172 posts
10,290 battles

Peeps just gonna report. I have gotten reported while playing test boats. No rhyme or reason for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
84
[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
385 posts
2,738 battles

Until it has an actual reason to be there its just a silly little thing that makes some people feel better because the got to neg you for whatever perceived slight you caused them. I most often lose the few i gain because i will get up and walk away from the computer if someone starts getting [edited] about how im playing. I frankly don't care if its a win or a loss but tell me what i should be doing in your opinion and i'll stop caring completely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles
On 3/23/2018 at 6:13 PM, BrushWolf said:

I was reported for the first time tonight after this match. Apparently having an insanely awesome match is reason for reporting. I thank both of you for giving me my first in game negs. :Smile_honoring:

6hMI8Ic.jpg

 

Yea the reporting thing... went from 21 Karma to 6 in short order for no reason other than... who knows , it’s just part of the not working as intended game play and that’s ok .. no care

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
638
[VW]
Members
2,429 posts
14,253 battles
On 3/24/2018 at 2:29 AM, Snargfargle said:

When I was a crappy player, I had up to 20 karma. Then I started placing at the top two or three of the team in games and my karma started going down. I think lots of poor players give the better players negative karma out of jealously. Currently I have 0 karma. I had 1 karma a few days ago but then I placed at the top of my team with 4 kills and lost it.  I've also noticed that you lose karma when you have tier X ships. I think a lot of up-tiered players just hand out negative karma because they are pissed at the matchmaker.

this is so true, have experienced the exact same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[-V-]
Members
217 posts
811 battles
10 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Yea the reporting thing... went from 21 Karma to 6 in short order for no reason other than... who knows , it’s just part of the not working as intended game play and that’s ok .. no care

Without looking on your service page, how do player's know if they've been reported, either positive or negative? Just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles
3 hours ago, Ricky_Racer said:

Without looking on your service page, how do player's know if they've been reported, either positive or negative? Just curious.

If your karma drops it’s a negative if it goes up it’s a positive no way that I’ve seen to know what game it happened or who did it .. it’s kinda lame 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles

Lets have a Good Karma (Positive ) Bad Karma (Negative) separated. Or maybe a negative report has no influence on your karma. 
Only a positive report has an Influence on your Karma situation. Aside from getting rid off it altogether. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21
[OPGS]
[OPGS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
209 posts
6,323 battles
On 3/23/2018 at 6:29 PM, Snargfargle said:

When I was a crappy player, I had up to 20 karma. Then I started placing at the top two or three of the team in games and my karma started going down. I think lots of poor players give the better players negative karma out of jealously. Currently I have 0 karma. I had 1 karma a few days ago but then I placed at the top of my team with 4 kills and lost it.  I've also noticed that you lose karma when you have tier X ships. I think a lot of up-tiered players just hand out negative karma because they are pissed at the matchmaker.

I consistently finish in the top 3 and have no issues with karma dropping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,537 posts
11,898 battles

in general, my karma trends up slightly. considering that I rarely use chat, i do get regular neg combined with positive karma.  I take it all as positive  lol.        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,192
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
On 3/23/2018 at 8:29 PM, Snargfargle said:

When I was a crappy player, I had up to 20 karma. Then I started placing at the top two or three of the team in games and my karma started going down. I think lots of poor players give the better players negative karma out of jealously. Currently I have 0 karma. I had 1 karma a few days ago but then I placed at the top of my team with 4 kills and lost it.  I've also noticed that you lose karma when you have tier X ships. I think a lot of up-tiered players just hand out negative karma because they are pissed at the matchmaker.

I'm still a crappy player, but, I don't report people for sinking me.  I report people for being a-holes, or obviously hiding and leeching, or being too careless with torp spreads with friends in the way, or obviously intentionally shoving me out of smoke with their ship.  I sometimes compliment people who sank me, if it was a really good shot, or they really faked me out, or something else like that.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×