You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Ship sale not sale

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
8,784 posts
4,145 battles

There is supposed to be a USN ship sale this weekend.  I've delayed purchasing New Orleans until now, and would like Omaha too (reasons).  But I find that my 10% clan bonus trumps the 50-15% "sale". 

Tiers below V, where the clan bonus does not apply, do show correctly discounted price.  Tiers 5 and above show only the price discounted by the clan bonus.

Bug?

[A-I-M]
Members
1,602 posts
8,643 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

There is supposed to be a USN ship sale this weekend.  I've delayed purchasing New Orleans until now, and would like Omaha too (reasons).  But I find that my 10% clan bonus trumps the 50-15% "sale". 

Tiers below V, where the clan bonus does not apply, do show correctly discounted price.  Tiers 5 and above show only the price discounted by the clan bonus.

Bug?

Look at the little ship type symbol in the announcement - destroyers only.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,784 posts
4,145 battles

Well poo !

nevermind.jpg

I suppose a half-price Nicholas is better than nothing...

Edited by iDuckman

[MIA-I]
Members
1,232 posts
12,057 battles

*Looks at complete USN DD line in port, walks away whistling, hands in pockets.* Nothing to see here, lawl! 

[WOLF9]
Members
8,784 posts
4,145 battles

Point still to be made, though.  The sale does not stack with the clan discount.

Wonder if the ship will be perma-flagged with 'Clan Discount' - even though that discount wasn't used - so it won't sell at the full half price...

[WOLF6]
Members
320 posts
2,609 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

The sale does not stack with the clan discount.

That's how it's always worked.  Clan discounts don't stack with sales.

2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Wonder if the ship will be perma-flagged with 'Clan Discount' - even though that discount wasn't used - so it won't sell at the full half price...

Also how it's always worked.  When you sell a ship, you get half the current price in the tree.  If you sell with clan discount active, you get half the clan discount price, regardless of what you paid.  If you sell a USN DD this weekend, you get back half it's current sale price. 

You should never sell a tech tree ship while it is on sale for the weekend.

[BB22]
Members
43 posts
8,374 battles

I was just looking to add the Benson to my DD fleet, taking advantage of the 15% offer.  I plopped down my 115,000 XP to see the price as 8,136,000 instead of the normal 9,040,000 credits. I see my clan discount is applied does the remaining 5% reflect after I pay?  I understand I only get the 15% sale and no combing of the discounts .  Did I miss a stipulation / mission requirement?  

[WOLF9]
Members
8,784 posts
4,145 battles
1 hour ago, Golden_Gopher said:

I was just looking to add the Benson to my DD fleet, taking advantage of the 15% offer.  I plopped down my 115,000 XP to see the price as 8,136,000 instead of the normal 9,040,000 credits. I see my clan discount is applied does the remaining 5% reflect after I pay?  I understand I only get the 15% sale and no combing of the discounts .  Did I miss a stipulation / mission requirement?  

The quoted price is 10% off.  In other words, the sale price doesn't apply.  There is no "remaining 5%". 

Don't ask me why.  That's just the way it is. 

[5D5]
Members
2,677 posts
16,105 battles
On 3/23/2018 at 7:31 PM, 44_percenter said:

EW, who would ever buy a destroyer? Probably some low life scum dd captain...

Says the straight-line driving BBAY potato? GIT GUD!!!

[4HIM]
Members
2,218 posts
6,515 battles
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:58 PM, iDuckman said:

I suppose a half-price Nicholas is better than nothing...

I used it to pick up the Farragut.  It's like the Nicholas, just bumped up one tier.  

[WOLF9]
Members
8,784 posts
4,145 battles

It wasn't a sale at all for me.  The web page clearly said that the sale ran Mar. 23 through Mar. 30.  The dates appear twice on the page.

Well, it didn't.  I tried to buy Nicholas on Monday Mar. 26 and the discount was gone.  I filed a ticket.  After hemming and hawwing, Customer Support admitted the error and has now fixed the web page.  

What about my 640K Cr?  Nope.  Won't do it.  <sigh>