You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

7.4 i calling the rollout of USA Cruiser split to happen

29 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

So we all know 7.3 proble going to drop with space battles April fools content but I thinking that patch 7.4 will bring us the USA cruiser split to happen. But with Baltimore being down tier to a 8 from 9. Should I sell the Baltimore to get the credits back when it was tier 9 or will they refund us the credits for the change to tier 8? 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,553 posts
32,142 battles

Mistake to sell it now.  If you have the Baltimore when the split happens, you will get the new tier 9 replacement and the new tier 8 Baltimore.

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
1 minute ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

So we all know 7.3 proble going to drop with space battles April fools content but I thinking that patch 7.4 will bring us the USA cruiser split to happen. But with Baltimore being down tier to a 8 from 9. Should I sell the Baltimore to get the credits back when it was tier 9 or will they refund us the credits for the change to tier 8? 

I'm thinking live testing in 7.4 and the split happens 7.5 as a SWAG.

Keep Baltimore as you should get the new T9 CA Buffalo when Baltimore moves to T8.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
2 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

Mistake to sell it now.  If you have the Baltimore when the split happens, you will get the new tier 9 replacement and the new tier 8 Baltimore.

ok so we get the tier 9 then. Stange thing was when fubiki was a tier 8 and kegro was tier 9 when Japanese dd line split happens and changes were done to the line i never got the yugrumo? If i remember correct i buy had to rebuy the darn tier 9? anyway let hope they address with the changes to the split soon. Now i hope they keep Baltimore radar when she get downgraded to a tier 8. Overall baltimore is a decent ship with good AA and proble wreck cv in lower tiers.

[O7]
Members
595 posts
8,701 battles
2 minutes ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

Stange thing was when fubiki was a tier 8 and kegro was tier 9 when Japanese dd line split happens and changes were done to the line i never got the yugrumo? If i remember correct i buy had to rebuy the darn tier 9?

YouMad.jpg

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm thinking live testing in 7.4 and the split happens 7.5 as a SWAG.

Keep Baltimore as you should get the new T9 CA Buffalo when Baltimore moves to T8.

This is more realistic

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
13 minutes ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

ok so we get the tier 9 then. Stange thing was when fubiki was a tier 8 and kegro was tier 9 when Japanese dd line split happens and changes were done to the line i never got the yugrumo? If i remember correct i buy had to rebuy the darn tier 9? anyway let hope they address with the changes to the split soon. Now i hope they keep Baltimore radar when she get downgraded to a tier 8. Overall baltimore is a decent ship with good AA and proble wreck cv in lower tiers.

I believe that you have to have the ships in port. If you sold it or skipped it and didn't buy it, I believe that you will not get the compensation ships. 

Members
2,099 posts
5,766 battles

do think we see it perhaps in test server? Was french bb in test server before they roll out?

The test server gave you access to a limited number of French bb's before they were released, specifically you could try out the Alsace, the Lyon and I think the Richelieu.  It's actually one of the few times I've seen any substantial numbers of pre-release ships available to test drive before the general release date. 

[WOLF3]
Members
19,369 posts
17,682 battles

do think we see it perhaps in test server? Was french bb in test server before they roll out?

Yes, they were on PTS before Live release.  I never played PTS but I remember specifically in the BB Subforum someone talking about using the different special camo for Richelieu there.  You also get the periodic mentions by PTS players about changes to pre-release ships compared to what we actually got in Live.  Some French BBs had longer gun ranges is an example, compared to what we got Live.

[NWNG]
Members
2,787 posts
4,654 battles

From my understanding:
You need only unlock the Tier with experience, no need to have the ship in port. Once unlocked, the tier 9 after the split (likely off the Heavy Cruiser line) will automatically be unlocked, but still need to be purchased. If you have the ship in port, and it's tier changes, the new ship at the old tier, will be unlocked, but still require purchase.

Any ship you unlock now, you get to keep, even if its tier increases. So if you have the Cleveland, when the split happens, you will maintain the Cleveland now at tier 8, but all ships in the line before it will not be unlocked.

This is what happened with the IJN DD line split, on my other account (which I no longer play). I had up to tier 6 on the IJN DD line before the split. After the split, I maintained all ships in port, and had the Fubuki unlocked, but still required to be purchased.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester
3,131 posts
7,010 battles

IF WG handles the new USA cruiser split the way they have handled similar splits in the past, if you have a ship in port that is being moved either to a new line or changed in tier, you keep the ship you have in port in its new position as well as receiving the ship that is added to take the position of the ship that has moved.  

So, what you should be doing is working on getting the Pensacola, New Orleans and Baltimore in your port, fully upgraded.  You will then get the Pensa at tier 6, the tier 7 Pensa replacement, the tier 8 NO replacement, the tier 9 Baltimore replacement and the Cleveland at tier 8 in the new CL line.

Since the Cleveland is changing lines, it does you ZERO good to put a lot of XP on her.  All XP you have on the tier 6 Cleveland will go to the tier 6 Pensacola sine that is the ship that is replacing her.  If you want to farm XP pre-patch, pick up a bunch on the Omaha, as that will let you buy the new tier 6 CL as soon as the patch hits.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
13 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

IF WG handles the new USA cruiser split the way they have handled similar splits in the past, if you have a ship in port that is being moved either to a new line or changed in tier, you keep the ship you have in port in its new position as well as receiving the ship that is added to take the position of the ship that has moved.  

So, what you should be doing is working on getting the Pensacola, New Orleans and Baltimore in your port, fully upgraded.  You will then get the Pensa at tier 6, the tier 7 Pensa replacement, the tier 8 NO replacement, the tier 9 Baltimore replacement and the Cleveland at tier 8 in the new CL line.

Since the Cleveland is changing lines, it does you ZERO good to put a lot of XP on her.  All XP you have on the tier 6 Cleveland will go to the tier 6 Pensacola sine that is the ship that is replacing her.  If you want to farm XP pre-patch, pick up a bunch on the Omaha, as that will let you buy the new tier 6 CL as soon as the patch hits.

yea i have this feeling on what u said is proble going to happen.

Beta Testers
1,693 posts
3,820 battles

Ships need to get into testing first and we havn't seen any of the light cruiser line yet I am thinking 7.5. They might do another hype campaign in the meantime. That is being optimistic it will hit give it time.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
Just now, landedkiller said:

Ships need to get into testing first and we havn't seen any of the light cruiser line yet I am thinking 7.5. They might do another hype campaign in the meantime. That is being optimistic it will hit give it time.

how long did they drop 7.2? like 2 week ago? What they did to fps it hasn't been the same since then.

[SALVO]
Members
20,182 posts
20,016 battles
21 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

This is my way of thinking too. I'm not so sure about it happening in 7.5, but until we've seen all of the ships of the new lines in supertest, any guesses are just blind volleys into smoke (to use an apropos WoWS metaphor).  So, it might be 7.5 or 7.6, assuming that there are no major hiccups along the way.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,244 posts
14,236 battles
1 hour ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

You had to have Kagaroo in your port.  I got Yugo for free because I had Kagaroo in port.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,369 posts
17,682 battles

Some ship lines may have troubled development and take a while for WG to bake.  As mentioned already we haven't even seen the new USN CLs yet, they're still working on the existing, reshuffled CAs.  WG also had one helluva time coming up with ways to make RN BBs viable.  It seemed like they were being worked on forever.  I wouldn't expect the USN Cruiser Split to happen soon.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,215 posts
5,381 battles

7.4 might be early as we haven't seen any of the new cruisers in ST yet.

Edit:  Poster above me jinxed me a bit.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Some ship lines may have troubled development and take a while for WG to bake.  As mentioned already we haven't even seen the new USN CLs yet, they're still working on the existing, reshuffled CAs.  WG also had one helluva time coming up with ways to make RN BBs viable.  It seemed like they were being worked on forever.  I wouldn't expect the USN Cruiser Split to happen soon.

at least we got time to prepare and rebuy the ships back and throw old commander back onto the ships when it comes someday.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
4 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

Of course don't sell it.

Why would you sell it then buy it back again when you can just get the replacement for free if you already have the Baltimore?

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

Of course don't sell it.

Why would you sell it then buy it back again when you can just get the replacement for free if you already have the Baltimore?

i sold most of non-important ones from usa cruiser line but kept baltimore, dm,cleveland.