You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ksaorsa

Threatening to Sink Teammates at Start of Match

80 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Beta Testers
48 posts
7,085 battles

Recently, I've encountered a few people who start the match by immediately typing in ALL CAPS, things such as "ALL YOU BB TRASH BETTER MOVE TO THE FRONT OR I WILL SINK YOU MYSELF." OR "DON'T GO TO D OR I WILL SINK YOU MYSELF." 

Has anyone else ever encountered this? What do you typically do?

[TDG]
Members
1,617 posts
7,837 battles

Not quite that blatant, but I would ignore them to the extent I can.

I have enough to worry about, and the game will handle them if they actually do kill me.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,688 posts
3,820 battles

well I have seen this happen when there is an afk player or when someone spams chat multiple times. It is rare though if they set you on fire or cause you to flood and you don't heal then they will take mirror damage back at them.

Members
252 posts
943 battles

See... I mean if someone did this to me, I'd probably do the complete opposite of what they wanted. This kind of entitled attitude doesn't fly with me :cap_haloween:

• Cool 6

[H-WS]
Members
333 posts
5,288 battles

taken directly from the game rules.  Technically, it is a violation of the EULA. 

3.15. Threats of destroying allied player ships as well as the threats of disclosure of ally positions to enemies, regardless of whether the threat was carried out, or not, are prohibited.

Edited by Horama
  • Cool 3

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I've seen stuff like that on occasion. I usually assume that person will be short lived, and of little use. I may have been wrong once. Successful people don't seem to communicate that way.

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,537 posts
31,880 battles

Random battles I assume?

[PVE]
Members
1,698 posts
7,331 battles

My reply: Then go ahead and sink me, its on you, not me.

After enough times of doing it they will learn the lesson, not you.

[NWNG]
Members
2,771 posts
4,646 battles

I've seen that from some players.

I just report him "Misbehavior in chat," "unsporting behavior," and "plays poorly." If he actually does good in the match, I don't give him compliments, to negate any of the reports. This is how I see it, if they do play well: If you have to threaten a teammate, then you are a very poor player, and just got lucky this match.

not much else one could do in-game really, to deal with the issue... UNLESS, you don't mind going pink yourself, and killing him for the threat. I do not recommend team killing.

[-K-]
Supertester
3,131 posts
7,010 battles

It happens.  Live with it.  You can't control what other people say.  Just play your game and win.

• Cool 1

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
27 minutes ago, ksaorsa said:

Recently, I've encountered a few people who start the match by immediately typing in ALL CAPS, things such as "ALL YOU BB TRASH BETTER MOVE TO THE FRONT OR I WILL SINK YOU MYSELF." OR "DON'T GO TO D OR I WILL SINK YOU MYSELF." 

If they are pink I would consider following the directions.

[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,008 battles

I've made jokes about asking if I could TK in overly polite ways..

But this is just no. Report move on.

[NWNG]
Members
2,771 posts
4,646 battles
Just now, Jupidor said:

If they are pink I would consider following the directions.

Poor advice. Someone who has to threaten teammates, has no sound strategy thus uses the threat of violence because "entitled prick." They'll learn eventually that no one cares about what they say, since the one being punished, is the one who TKs anyway. And if they are pink, they then have to deal with mirrored damage, where damage dealt to friendly ships, is also dealt back to him, 1:1. He better hope the ship who "disobeys" him, has less health than he does, because he'll be dead long before the friendly ship dies.

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
Just now, Counter_Gambit said:

Poor advice. Someone who has to threaten teammates, has no sound strategy thus uses the threat of violence because "entitled prick." They'll learn eventually that no one cares about what they say, since the one being punished, is the one who TKs anyway. And if they are pink, they then have to deal with mirrored damage, where damage dealt to friendly ships, is also dealt back to him, 1:1. He better hope the ship who "disobeys" him, has less health than he does, because he'll be dead long before the friendly ship dies.

oy matey, I was just saying consider that the Pink player who yells this quite possibly will proceed with his threat, I wish there was a way to use teamwork in this game but sadly playing random battles its quite non existent, it would be nice if we could draw on the mini map... I mean yea a bunch of spaceships would be drawn but i think ti would still be worth it.

Members
4,301 posts

I ignore them.  I play aggressive-passive already.  As for not going to a certain zone, I've already weighed the risk/rewards for certain zones and have  determined a course of action for the game.

If they wish to try and sink me, go ahead.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,627 battles
6 minutes ago, Swift_Scythe said:

all you can do is click Report - Misbehavior in chat and move on.  

no  you can take a screen shot and send it to a MOD.....

THAT will get their attention

• Boring 1

[NWNG]
Members
2,771 posts
4,646 battles
3 minutes ago, Jupidor said:

oy matey, I was just saying consider that the Pink player who yells this quite possibly will proceed with his threat, I wish there was a way to use teamwork in this game but sadly playing random battles its quite non existent, it would be nice if we could draw on the mini map... I mean yea a bunch of spaceships would be drawn but i think ti would still be worth it.

Going along with stupid, only enforces stupid further.

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
4 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Going along with stupid, only enforces stupid further.

I dont know matey, I wish in my Cv that we could flag someone as afk and then teamkill them without a penalty... There may have been times I have manual dropped on an afk teammate... they hurt our team greatly, and sure I am "Sorry, not sorry" afterwards.

That being said... I am so tired of watching lemming trains of battleships go off in some absurd direction and do absolutely nothing in the end.

Edited by Jupidor
  • Cool 3

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,369 battles
51 minutes ago, ksaorsa said:

Don't give a ship, let the idiot get banned. 

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles

He really shouldnt get chat banned unless he used caps lock... it should be more of a "Hey guys lets win this match, so lets do this, but if you are afk or doing something really dumb, sometimes I drop torps in frustration."

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
2 minutes ago, Jupidor said:

He really shouldnt get chat banned unless he used caps lock... it should be more of a "Hey guys lets win this match, so lets do this, but if you are afk or doing something really dumb, sometimes I drop torps in frustration."

I don't have time for fools and idiots.  No, I'm fine with chat banning, and if he keeps TKing, perma-banning him from the game.  You're the one thinks this is all fine behavior that shouldn't be penalized.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
50 minutes ago, Horama said:

taken directly from the game rules.  Technically, it is a violation of the EULA. 

3.15. Threats of destroying allied player ships as well as the threats of disclosure of ally positions to enemies, regardless of whether the threat was carried out, or not, are prohibited.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^