Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jupidor

Pirate Ship Line implementation

18 comments in this topic

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles

I am not a frequent poster in the forums but I read them alot, and I have been thinking that a pirate line of ships could really improve the game. 

My first suggestion would be to include a somali freighter, it would work alot like a CV and launch slow moving speedboats instead of planes or torpedos, the difference in this would be that the speedboats could home in on the target ships. 

Once the speeadboats reach the ships they could board and start fires and cause leaking. (Also they would reduce the boarded ships effectiveness in most ways)

You could combat the boarded party by paying a ransom to the somali freighter, also the speedboats could be shot at with main guns and secondaries automatically. 

There could really be many different variations in the pirate line with very different mechanics.

Edit: Really its more of a joke then anything but still.

Edited by Jupidor
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,626 battles

there is already a game for that.....
Man people need to get out on the internet more....

your chat ban post was the best though I give you that...

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Boring 1

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
11 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

there is already a game for that.....
Man people need to get out on the internet more....

your chat ban post was the best though I give you that...

It was good yea, still chat banned until 8 eastern time tonight or else I might not be on the forum at all right now.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Maybe a ship line that has No national allegiance no national flavor with massive secondaries unequaled by any line, with speed boosts.

Bigger than a DD smaller than a CA, No main battery no torpedoes very small Citadel with fast rudder shifts.

Flys the Pink Skull n Crossbones flag. Sails the Battle unaffiliated with any other ship. Gains Exp by stealing  everyones they fight with and survive.

No more than 4 Pirates Ships in any battle. Player controlled.

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

[ARGSY]
Members
10,147 posts
6,627 battles
44 minutes ago, Jupidor said:

My first suggestion would be to include a somali freighter, it would work alot like a CV and launch slow moving speedboats instead of planes or torpedos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Vulcan_(1889) 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,369 battles
1 hour ago, Jupidor said:

I am not a frequent poster in the forums but I read them alot, and I have been thinking that a pirate line of ships could really improve the game. 

My first suggestion would be to include a somali freighter, it would work alot like a CV and launch slow moving speedboats instead of planes or torpedos, the difference in this would be that the speedboats could home in on the target ships. 

Once the speeadboats reach the ships they could board and start fires and cause leaking. (Also they would reduce the boarded ships effectiveness in most ways)

You could combat the boarded party by paying a ransom to the somali freighter, also the speedboats could be shot at with main guns and secondaries automatically. 

There could really be many different variations in the pirate line with very different mechanics.

Well this will be locked. We don't need another Day of Tech Trees.

Members
22,283 posts
5,775 battles
8 minutes ago, Jupidor said:

sorry :(

Psst... just finish the thread with "DDs rule, BBs drool", and you'll never disappoint him again.... 

(sorry Kiyo, couldn't resist :Smile_teethhappy:)

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,388 posts
3,895 battles
10 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Psst... just finish the thread with "DDs rule, BBs drool", and you'll never disappoint him again.... 

(sorry Kiyo, couldn't resist :Smile_teethhappy:)

Oh stuff it. We both know there's a far superior form of pirates than the Somali speedboat ones and that's what disappointed me.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Maybe a ship line that has No national allegiance no national flavor with massive secondaries unequaled by any line, with speed boosts.

Bigger than a DD smaller than a CA, No main battery no torpedoes very small Citadel with fast rudder shifts.

Flys the Pink Skull n Crossbones flag. Sails the Battle unaffiliated with any other ship. Gains Exp by stealing  everyones they fight with and survive.

No more than 4 Pirates Ships in any battle. Player controlled.

9 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Oh stuff it. We both know there's a far superior form of pirates than the Somali speedboat ones and that's what disappointed me.

This anything better?

Members
22,283 posts
5,775 battles
20 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Of course there is!

Gilbert & Sullivan FTW!

Pirates of Penzance best pirates...

:Smile_teethhappy:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,388 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Of course there is!

Gilbert & Sullivan FTW!

Pirates of Penzance best pirates...

:Smile_teethhappy:

Anne Bonny and Mary Read.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
2 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

This thread disappointed me.

Arrrrrrrr.... me too

*sigh*

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
972 posts

If we can have an April fools mode with space ships and space captains, then why not reskins with Teach on QA Revenge and so forth

Sign in to follow this