You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Losing streaks and the next steps…

48 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,247 posts
7,097 battles

I noticed quite a bit of discussion on the Forums regarding horrific losing streaks in Random Battles and everything from bad matchmaking, team miscommunication, and overall tactical mistakes made during each battle. I have not been immune to this, as I have had losing streaks as long as 10+ games. I must confess that it is frustrating, and gets my blood boiling at times.

However, software has no feelings, the battles continues, and what do you do from that point after you’ve lost your 10th game?

Since Scenario Battles have been introduced in World of Warships, I found this to be a good alternative to Random Battles as it provides a break from the possibly extending the rut. Also, should you successfully complete the primary mission and all secondary objectives, the credit and XP payout can be comparable to a win in Random Battles.

I regularly switch back and forth between Random and Scenario Battles. It’s a good option not only to continue grinding XP and credits but an opportunity to learn more about the vessel you are using, practicing marksmanship, and working on fine tuning overall tactics and teamwork.

There are many ways to cope with awful losing streaks in Random Battles, this is just my way to hit the reset button and continuing to battle on!

#anchorsaweigh

dark.png

• Cool 6

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

During my Time in Forum Prison I played  WoWs all day. To my surprize I won 14 straight games, Then went into Clan Battles and destroyed that lovely streak.

• Funny 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,019 posts
6,255 battles

If you get a losing streak, go on a hiatus or take a break.

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Usually, if I lose 5 in a row, I take a break for a few hours/rest of the day. I know I'll end up forcing things to try to end the streak, which would likely end up extending it further.

[TBW]
Members
7,397 posts
13,567 battles
21 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

should you successfully complete the primary mission and all secondary objectives, the credit and XP payout can be comparable to a win in Random Battles.

Or even bettershot-18_03_22_18_22.59-0502.thumb.jpg.49f022323ff27c327a28c518a9cba796.jpg

shot-18_03.22_19_04.00-0271.thumb.jpg.8cf9b27c27d8635c67d4917e03da1b7f.jpgshot-18_03.22_23_42.00-0902.thumb.jpg.8f3020c9f710533b52ac2b8cb1488478.jpgshot-18_03.23_00_05.47-0222.thumb.jpg.9e6e7683e4aa669f9771ee2687ee208b.jpg

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Angry 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,594 battles

It’s a good option not only to continue grinding XP and credits but an opportunity to learn more about the vessel you are using, practicing marksmanship, and working on fine tuning overall tactics and teamwork.

It's official guys. WG has officially stated, in simple terms:

GIT GUD

• Funny 3

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
4 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

It's official guys. WG has officially stated, in simple terms:

GIT GUD

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLdB9_nBXQbC8iiMvY8m7

Members
2,457 posts
5,230 battles

Losing streaks are not only likely, they are probable   

The better you are, the fewer they are, and the shorter their duration. 

No one is born pre-destined to do well at this game. They get help. They study. They practice. They learn. 

Personally, I never let a losing streak go more than four games. I don’t care how early it is, or how much time I have, 0-4, I switch to Netflix. 

[NMKJT]
Members
3,597 posts

Losses don't bother me so much, and I like operations. If I am bottom tier 3 or 4 games in a row, I go play something else. No sense beating your head into a wall

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,844 posts
5,190 battles

Losing streak?  I try for 3 or 4 games.  If I can't get a win after that, anything else is going to just frustrate me and make me angry.  I play the game for fun and relaxation not anger lol.  Netflix or Crunchyroll after a loss let's me forget for awhile. 

[WOLF1]
Members
2,537 posts
52 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

I must confess that it is frustrating, and gets my blood boiling at times.

that's a design flaw of the game, try to improve the design is the solution, seriously

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles

This game is all about fun, if it looses the fun factor stop and reassess, burn out is real here I stop and take a break for a few days or week now and then 

grinding to get new ships or upgrading Captains is a necessity, win or loose after the game is done I move on to battle again for some more fun

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles

Co-op is the key here. At least one win, somehow, anyhow, before I pack it in for the night.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,996 posts

Um...   I just lost a Co-Op match.

I was an A-Hull Lyon in a tier 9 massacre.

Losing streak..  Let's see...   LOTTERY.  Wow!  There are people out there who have been losing every week, their entire life...  never winning to their deathbed.

Always thinking..  'But next one, I'm going to strike it BIG !!!'

My advise:   KEEP LOSING.   Get sick and tired of it.  Blame the color of the sky.  Just get it out of your system.  Lose until you can't stand it anymore.  Then stop - and do something else.

For me, that's once.   Later...

[REEF]
Beta Testers
772 posts
9,115 battles
2 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

If you get a losing streak, go on a hiatus or take a break.

I agree, 3 losses in a row and I stop playing and take a break.  This is especially true for the first 3 games, lose the first 3, go do something else!  No need to get all wound up about it!  As a matter of fact I just stopped after 2 games because I did so bad I should have been considered a player for the other team!

[-SYN-]
Members
218 posts
4,509 battles

Yup, sometimes you just gotta take a breather, clear your head, then come back later. 

There's always gonna be those moments things just aren't in your favor, such is life. 

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Walk away from the game if you lose 5 in a row. You should also do this during Ranked.

Terrible to have to suggest stop playing a game that's suppose to be fun so you can keep your sanity.

• Cool 2

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
15,978 battles

How to avoid loosing streaks  101.

Write down the times and days you occur these streaks.

See if you get the same results each time you play those times and on those days.

If your results indicate that you constantly occur loosing streaks during those periods avoid those times during those days.

Most major loosing streaks have nothing to do with a single player.

They have more to do with an abundance of poor players who all find their way into Warships when you do.

So your teams get populated with an abundance of poor players at the same time which leads to everything bad.

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,526 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Cesare

That's it for me also. Cesare to the rescue. Even when I have a bad game in that ship I'm in the top 25%. Just something about it.

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles
4 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

I noticed quite a bit of discussion on the Forums regarding horrific losing streaks in Random Battles and everything from bad matchmaking, team miscommunication, and overall tactical mistakes made during each battle. I have not been immune to this, as I have had losing streaks as long as 10+ games. I must confess that it is frustrating, and gets my blood boiling at times.

However, software has no feelings, the battles continues, and what do you do from that point after you’ve lost your 10th game?

Since Scenario Battles have been introduced in World of Warships, I found this to be a good alternative to Random Battles as it provides a break from the possibly extending the rut. Also, should you successfully complete the primary mission and all secondary objectives, the credit and XP payout can be comparable to a win in Random Battles.

I regularly switch back and forth between Random and Scenario Battles. It’s a good option not only to continue grinding XP and credits but an opportunity to learn more about the vessel you are using, practicing marksmanship, and working on fine tuning overall tactics and teamwork.

There are many ways to cope with awful losing streaks in Random Battles, this is just my way to hit the reset button and continuing to battle on!

#anchorsaweigh

dark.png

One point is that, in every single case I can recall, scenarios do not count toward missions or challenges. Very often a loss in random is better than a win in scenarios if you're trying to complete missions and campaigns. 

While I mentioning, this, what's even more frustrating is to be top of your team in 6 of those 10 losses. Can we get something for "First Loser"? 

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
2 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

How to avoid loosing streaks  101.

Write down the times and days you occur these streaks.

See if you get the same results each time you play those times and on those days.

If your results indicate that you constantly occur loosing streaks during those periods avoid those times during those days.

Most major loosing streaks have nothing to do with a single player.

They have more to do with an abundance of poor players who all find their way into Warships when you do.

So your teams get populated with an abundance of poor players at the same time which leads to everything bad.

:Smile_great:

• Cool 2

Members
260 posts
14,247 battles
On 3/23/2018 at 1:06 PM, Gneisenau013 said:

I have not been immune to this, as I have had losing streaks as long as 10+ games. 

#anchorsaweigh

dark.png

10+ game losing streaking come from very bad players still reaching the high Tier games by paying for Free XP or grinding. They still lack common sense, situational awareness and some don't care if they lose.

The software that allows these potatoes to reach top Tier and get placed in my matchmaker to ruin any chance I have at a win IS the problem

What to do when you reach the 10th loss in a Tier X ship? You UNINSTALL and go play a game the developers don't let the mentally challenged pay to reach Tier X and ruin your games.

Sometimes you can not carry potatoes to Victory ... because they are too challenged to recognize it ...

xekAKzs.jpg

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan
  • Boring 1