DarthValor

Ramming is bugged

10 comments in this topic

Members
22 posts
6,316 battles

Just had a match where I have the ramming flag up- enemy ship inbound with only 14HP left on him - Im at 100% in a NC bb.  My secondary guns are not doing any damage for more than 20 seconds with full broadside on him and he's coming in at a 20 degree angle-  I am killed on impact negating flag and the fact that im at 100% HP and hes at 14HP.   Flags and full HP are completely useless to [edited] like this.  .  you have them either op'ed or not even working.  

If I would have gotten your "did you find this match satisfactory" rating - I would have said - HELL NO. 

[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,599 battles

Ramming usually kills both ships even with the ramming flag. I think I saw some where that WG is working on the Ramming mechanic but it is not a top priority.

[CUTER]
Members
809 posts
20,959 battles

Its a combination of speed and tier that impact damage.  Furthermore, if he had a ramming flag there is no doubt he would have sent you to the bottom.  

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles

I actually rammed a BB who was low on health in my Glass boat Murmansk and was shocked to see I survived... and was not flying the flag

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
572 posts
6,039 battles

My first (and only so far) survived "Ram" - I was a BB and red was a DD and he tried to Ram me. He died, i think my paint got scratched. There is a write up about how the mechanic works in the wiki.  Ramming isn't straightforward. 

[INTEL]
Members
7,064 posts
28,898 battles

Ramming Flag (Hotel Yankee), does not guarantee survival.

All it does is reduces your damage by 20% and raises their damage that you cause by 50%

[REEF]
Beta Testers
812 posts
9,158 battles

The ramming mechanic is definitely FUBAR!  WG needs to fix it and make it more realistic!

[SVF]
Beta Testers
59 posts
1,339 battles
On 3/23/2018 at 1:00 PM, DarthValor said:

Just had a match where I have the ramming flag up- enemy ship inbound with only 14HP left on him - Im at 100% in a NC bb.  My secondary guns are not doing any damage for more than 20 seconds with full broadside on him and he's coming in at a 20 degree angle-  I am killed on impact negating flag and the fact that im at 100% HP and hes at 14HP.   Flags and full HP are completely useless to [edited] like this.  .  you have them either op'ed or not even working.  

If I would have gotten your "did you find this match satisfactory" rating - I would have said - HELL NO. 

Were the two ships' combined speed at least 10knots?  If so, you take his max HP in damage minus the 20% that your ramming flag mitigated.......and it appears the other ship ramming you had at least a 20% max HP advantage to negate the mitigation. 

[TCANS]
[TCANS]
Beta Testers
17 posts

Wargaming you have to fix the ramming... 3k hp bb rams 60k hp bb both die...REALLY

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,004 posts

Ishizuchi and Kongo ships are great at ramming.  I actually rammed a cruiser then American BB and survived that one battle.

The combination of speed and high HP pool makes them good at this.

Right after I got my ARP Kongo, I developed a silly strategy (there were still few ships out there).  Two US ships in line - I would target the lead ship and point my battleship at the trailing one.  I'd be almost dead by the time I rammed the second ship, but my damage was huge, and sometimes, I'd burn down the lead ship as well.