You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Suggestion for next season of clan battles

Different tiers for clan battles  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see different tiers of ships for the different leagues in clan battles?

• Yes
    • No
    • Belthorian you are smoking crack again.....STOP IT!!!!!!

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

This is my first season of clan battles and so far I give it a meh or a meh plus rating. I am one of those people who hate playing the same ship over and over again...it gets boring and repetitive and I quickly lose interest. For next season for the different leagues, I suggest different tiers of ships. Start with 7 at squall league. Tier 8 at Gale league. Tier 9 at Storm league, and lastly tier 10 at Typhoon league. This would break up the monotony during the season, the strats may change per tier. I may be way off here and maybe most people are not like me and get bored with playing the same ships over and over again. I am not trying to insult the dev's or Wargaming's staff, It is just a constructive suggestion and I put it out there for the community to discuss.

Beta Testers
457 posts
8,642 battles

Would disagree...i think CW should always be T10...its kinda the point of having a end game.

Currently there are many other game types that use other tiers of ships...be it Ranked or King of the Sea.

There really needs to be a place to use your T10s in a competitive environment and CW fits that pretty well. While i get for some people its boring to play the same ships but..i think when you look at it...many of the lower tiers really aren't well balanced for competitive play so you'll get a ton of people using the same ships over and over...

If CW was T7...how many Belfast's would people bring?

I would make the argument that at T10 while not perfectly balanced...its much better than many other tiers where there some pretty OP prems that would be a serious adv over those who dont have them.

:)

• Cool 1

[AR15]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,737 battles

No. That would cost a fortune to move captains around for non-premiums, and like Ranked, anything below T10 would be World of Wallets. 

They just need to make it 8v8 with 2 BBs and call it a day. I'd like to see 9v9 with 2 BBs and a CV, but I know we'll never see that. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles

I kinda agree but it’s hard enough finding players to fill the spots,already

really like the ability to talk to your team and all the Clan games have been great the only negative was one game I was not in but listened to were one player was getting a tad excited and took it out on his teammates and that would ruin it for me

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
3,362 posts
14,753 battles

CLan Battles has gotten

• boring and repetitive.
  • Clan warfare as is does'nt create excitement.
  • In fact, there are many threads in the boards in where ppl are looking for a CW active clan.
  • Some are leaving there clans to find clans that are active in clan warfare.  

Must of the clans are active but because Clan warfare is like

• That good looking blond with a nice latina body that at first sight you say hell yeah.
  • But then she has that annoying Fran Drescher talk and laugh and that when you say I am out of here.
  • not even with the good rewards offered, can you get people to participate in a bad product that is Clan Warfare.

With participation down, Clan Warfare is probably the worst clan building activity tool in the game hands down, people are LEAVING clans because of it.

Since the inclusion of clans, there hasen't been any new items to use in port for the benefit of the members of the clan. With no good reason to be in a clan then we have a lot of players preferring to play by themselves.  Things In my opinion can be changed for more clan participation

• Change the CW rewards system from a DMG oriented system to a more team building/working together type reward system
  • During the game, have different types of caps/bases/objectives for different type of ship BUT that will benefit the fleet (EX: BBs use AP to blanket shore targets, if completed, then a repair circle forms for the whole fleet to use, or a -10% dispersion from incoming red shells).
  • The red Fleet has to lay defense to maintain those places alive, there reward is a +10% depersion benefit or -10sec off there reload times while the base is in there control

Bottom line guys, It does not matter what tier it is, sooner or later at current stage, Clan warfare is not a good product for a clan to grow. It never was, this issues of lack of participation took precedent since the first CW. Yet there is no real benefit to clan members for being in the clan or a clan owner from hoarding oil from its members that work hard for every containers. Cheers guys ! take care.

Edited by Navalpride33

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
47 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I kinda agree but it’s hard enough finding players to fill the spots,already

really like the ability to talk to your team and all the Clan games have been great the only negative was one game I was not in but listened to were one player was getting a tad excited and took it out on his teammates and that would ruin it for me

It was truly Sad for me as well. Clan Battles where friends share the fun but some get excited and it gets Ugly. One Player can destroy the mood in a heart beat.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,248 posts
7,214 battles
27 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Change the CW rewards system from a DMG oriented system to a more team building/working together type reward system

CBs are rewarded by Damage?

Everyone on the team gets the exact same Base XP and Credits regardless of damage dealt, bases capped, potential damage, shells fired or whatever you can think of.

So if one player is only locking down a position with his presence, then he gets the same rewards as someone who capped and pushed.

And, and this kinda your flaw, in the long run you get more and better rewards from CBs if you win battles more often. And that has nothing to do with damage farming, it is all about teamwork, communication and coordination.

31 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Since the inclusion of clans, there hasen't been any new items to use in port for the benefit of the members of the clan.

Eh what? We have Clan Bases, providing economy benefits for Clan Members. It is easier to grind lines, purchase ships and grind Credits if you are in a Clan.

Even Clan Battles now are great for Credit farming, without Zulu flag or Wyvern flag I make 400k Credits and 10k XP per win, service costs already included. So take my ~70 wins this season, and I just farmed 28m Credits and 700k XP this season. And now imagine someone running full flags and maybe a came with more benefits.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles
13 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

It was truly Sad for me as well. Clan Battles where friends share the fun but some get excited and it gets Ugly. One Player can destroy the mood in a heart beat.

Luckily for the most part we have a great group of players in our Clan who don’t get excited ,

myself have been busy during Clan times lately but hope to be back in a few weeks :)

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
3,362 posts
14,753 battles
2 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Eh what? We have Clan Bases, providing economy benefits for Clan Members. It is easier to grind lines, purchase ships and grind Credits if you are in a Clan.

Maybe I need to clarify, there havent been any NEW features other then what we already have achieved in clan port.  The point where you hoarding oil because there is nothing new to spend it on that will help a clan owner to build it because its already unlock.  I didn't mean in any shape or form that there was NONE TO START WITH.  IF those benefits are good for you to join a clan, then that is your opinion and I understand. However, its nothing to motivate a new player to hurry and join a clan right now this minute. Sorry for any confusion. CHeers!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I want Clan Battles to be more available. limiting them to certain hours on certain days is unacceptable.

FRI. thru SUN. 24hours { Weekends are full of Potatoes Right} Play Clan Battles during the weekend and play Blame Free.

• Cool 2

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,858 posts
4,162 battles
8 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I want Clan Battles to be more available. limiting them to certain hours on certain days is unacceptable.

FRI. thru SUN. 24hours { Weekends are full of Potatoes Right} Play Clan Battles during the weekend and play Blame Free.

I agree with more hours. 

1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

This is my first season of clan battles and so far I give it a meh or a meh plus rating. I am one of those people who hate playing the same ship over and over again...it gets boring and repetitive and I quickly lose interest. For next season for the different leagues, I suggest different tiers of ships. Start with 7 at squall league. Tier 8 at Gale league. Tier 9 at Storm league, and lastly tier 10 at Typhoon league. This would break up the monotony during the season, the strats may change per tier. I may be way off here and maybe most people are not like me and get bored with playing the same ships over and over again. I am not trying to insult the dev's or Wargaming's staff, It is just a constructive suggestion and I put it out there for the community to discuss.

Outside of that clan wars have been extremely fun this year.  I just got my typhoon mission completed for the 150k free xp and the 250k commander elite xp. That was sweet. 

I would like to see the cap increased to 2 BB's. This will give team more incentive to run more DD's and will reign in the cruiser meta that is currently happening. 

I feel this will help balance out comps that decide to go DD heavy, creating this change would provide more flexibility to comps compared to what we see now. 

The coin and free xp you gain from CW has been great as well. I really  have been making a lot of free xp and silver off this season in my Gearing. 

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

One issue I have is having it Wednesday to Sunday. It leads to burn out.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
11,361 posts
8,084 battles

Here is the suggestions I made after last season most of it still is relevant. 

[PRNA]
Members
280 posts
3,624 battles

My vote is just for them to allow mercenaries. 1-2 slots that can be people out of the clan. Getting 7 people together for more than an hour or two is work.

[AR15]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,737 battles
9 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

My vote is just for them to allow mercenaries. 1-2 slots that can be people out of the clan. Getting 7 people together for more than an hour or two is work.

Mercs would be a good idea. When I'm not being played by my main clan I could hop in with my buddies in another clan and help them out, or use friends from another clan rather than sitting around waiting for people to log on. 

Mercs, 2BBs, and eventually CVs is all I really want to see from CW. Changing up how the game mode plays and being more of an attack/defend style like OP said would be kinda cool though. Two 10 minute rounds, one team attacks, one team defends, and a third 10 minute tiebreaker maybe instead of "Sail in circle, glue ship to island, hold two caps" meta we have now.