Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Lemming Train We Need a Song

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,459
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,528 posts

A lemming train - weird visual of little lemmings all tucked into a steam-powered train's coach cars... shouldn't we call it a lemming fleet? - steams off in one direction, looking like a proper fleet. They swarm over Cap A, a formidable force. 

"Cap achieved - break out the tea and biscuits!" Everyone drops anchor in the cap. One or two attempt to continue the lemming action, get wasted by the reds who are consolidating their caps and moving towards the fleet. Our lemming fleet gets decimated. Word goes out: "Lemming train is :etc_swear: our team was :etc_swear:, a couple were even :etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear:. What failed? Usually there is strength in numbers.

In mho what failed was forward motion. Maybe the boilers ran out of coal, or tanks ran dry... but seriously... if such a fleet continues through the cap without halting (dropping anchor) it's large enough the last ship in can usually assure the cap is taken as the fleet moves towards it's next target. IOW... "don't stop". 

At the start of the match the lemming train/fleet has overwhelming firepower against the reds if they split up. You outnumber them in guns, torps and planes. Say ten against five, right? The larger group, if it keeps moving and fires as a group, will wipe the seas clean of those dreaded reds. 

Most ships in this game are like sharks... they need to keep moving to kill (sink reds). If you get into a lemming train/fleet, encourage them to continue, to push in and through the main target. If you fail, you'll have a ton of fun in a furious battle. But if you succeed... the next cap will be even easier. 

Now where's that guy who writes the song lyrics... 

"Lemming train, very pretty but the lemmings they stop so quick..." 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[BBP]
Members
341 posts
5,825 battles

I don't mind Lemming trains if they at least do something.  If you're gonna send 8 ships to A, you'd better frigging take A.  I've seen Lemming trains harass the enemy in a cap without actually taking it even though there are like 8 ships there.  Ya that's a quick loss.

But...I have seen successful lemming trains.  Ie...they take A then actually push B as one strong unit and win.  

I don't despise Lemming trains.  I just think if you do it it puts more pressure to succeed.  Ie you MUST take that cap and then push to the next cap.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,896 posts
8,225 battles

Lemming train is only bad if it fails to push. If you've got 3/4 of the team headed for an objective you'd better take it quickly then move on to the other objectives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,924 posts
8,465 battles

Oh it has to be 'Stayin' Alive'. Whenever I am last ship floating on the team this goes through my head.

Now you will have it in your head for days, I promise:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles

A lemming train is the first indication of a loss the second and is a guarantee of a loss is when the  BBS turn after the first shots are fired 

Lemming trains rarely work , the lead ships have got to push hard, most likely they will have to sacrifice themselves for the team,if the other team splits they know the one side is wide open and they can sail right in,all they have to do is hold off the other team and at the start of the game not hard to do

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[LEGIT]
Members
1,681 posts
24,541 battles

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.

etc.

Edited by slokill_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
699
[PVE]
Members
2,187 posts
5,187 battles
19 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

A lemming train is the first indication of a loss the second and is a guarantee of a loss is when the  BBS turn after the first shots are fired 

Lemming trains rarely work , the lead ships have got to push hard, most likely they will have to sacrifice themselves for the team,if the other team splits they know the one side is wide open and they can sail right in,all they have to do is hold off the other team and at the start of the game not hard to do

 

The "lemming train U-Turn" is notorious in WOWS. They go charging forward like they are the all powerful, unstoppable force. Then BANG..ONE ship on the opposing team, bot or human, fires a salvo, and the U-Turn begins. It would be hilarious if it didn't mean a loss.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,123
[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,599 battles

Or maybe this one is better.

 

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
642
[VW]
Members
2,445 posts
14,314 battles
56 minutes ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

I don't mind Lemming trains if they at least do something.  If you're gonna send 8 ships to A, you'd better frigging take A.  I've seen Lemming trains harass the enemy in a cap without actually taking it even though there are like 8 ships there.  Ya that's a quick loss.

But...I have seen successful lemming trains.  Ie...they take A then actually push B as one strong unit and win.  

I don't despise Lemming trains.  I just think if you do it it puts more pressure to succeed.  Ie you MUST take that cap and then push to the next cap.  

 

this is SOOOOOOOOOO true. the only enjoyable games i have ever had in 2 brothers (ok, that didnt involve going mid) were when we ALL went around the map in a counterclockwise fashion, driving the enemy before us and winning the game. otherwise its a poor campfest in the back before the last 4 survivors on each side decide to cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,698
Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

Steamin', Steamin', Steamin'
Steamin', Steamin', Steamin'
Steamin', Steamin', Steamin'
Don't hide!

Keep Steamin', Steamin', Steamin'
Though the straits are teemin'
Keep them lemmin's Steamin'
Don't hide!
Through rain and wind and weather
Hell-bent for whatever
Knowin' my team was by my side.
All the shells I'm missin'
the smoke, and rocks and dissin'
Comin' to the end of my ride.

CHORUS
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Don't hide!
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in,
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Don't hide!

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them lemmin's movin'
Don't hide!
Don't try to redirect 'em
Just bomb, and shell, and torp 'em
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
My heart’s calculatin'
On all mistakes we're makin'
Comin' to the end of my ride.

 

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
515
[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
4,995 battles

Good one, stinkweed!

I was gonna suggest

But then this came up in that search, and it might work too

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,725
[PSP]
Members
8,131 posts
1 hour ago, Quaffer said:

Steamin', Steamin', Steamin'
Steamin', Steamin', Steamin'
Steamin', Steamin', Steamin'
Steamin', Steamin', Steamin'
Don't hide!

Keep Steamin', Steamin', Steamin'
Though the straits are teemin'
Keep them lemmin's Steamin'
Don't hide!!
Through rain and wind and weather
Hell-bent for whatever
Knowin' my team was by my side.
All the shells I'm missin'
the smoke, and rocks and dissin'
Comin' to the end of my ride.

CHORUS
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Don't hide!
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in,
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Don't hide!!

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them lemmin's movin'
Don't hide!!
Don't try to redirect 'em
Just bomb, and shell, and torp 'em
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
My heart’s calculatin'
On all mistakes we're makin'
Comin' to the end of my ride.

 

 

 

Hmm, seems familiar somehow...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×