You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

National Flags

32 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,679 posts
9,099 battles

According to the WoWS Development Blog, we'll now be able to mount the flag of the appropriate nation on both Pan-Asian and Commonwealth ships, such as the Indonesian flag on the Gadjah Mada (my favorite of the line personally) below. Me, I heartily approve of this change and am glad it's being implemented. A+ Wargaming. Now if you could only fix that little bug that can cause the game to crash when you try to log in after a DC.

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor and water

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
2,187 posts
5,187 battles

That's nice for those nations. But you know which nation many of us want to have a flag for. I guess we will have to continue to use mods to get it. :Smile_sad:

Members
1,866 posts
2 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

According to the WoWS Development Blog, we'll now be able to mount the flag of the appropriate nation on both Pan-Asian and Commonwealth ships, such as the Indonesian flag on the Gadjah Mada (my favorite of the line personally) below. Me, I heartily approve of this change and am glad it's being implemented. A+ Wargaming. Now if you could only fix that little bug that can cause the game to crash when you try to log in after a DC.

Such as the ROC flag. Will the "there is only one China" people get their panties in a bunch again? We'll see.

Members
1,123 posts
22 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

That's nice for those nations. But you know which nation many of us want to have a flag for. I guess we will have to continue to use mods to get it. :Smile_sad:

x0fgcpN.gif

Atleast they corrected the Pan~Asian flags, they should have never been changed to begin with.

[PVE]
Members
2,187 posts
5,187 battles
26 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

x0fgcpN.gif

Atleast they corrected the Pan~Asian flags, they should have never been changed to begin with.

Ummm...actually that is NOT the one I was talking about. It's "the flag that can never be displayed at Wargaming" flag. If I displayed it..instant ban.

[REVY]
Members
1,216 posts
8,777 battles
1 hour ago, Deputy276 said:

Ummm...actually that is NOT the one I was talking about. It's "the flag that can never be displayed at Wargaming" flag. If I displayed it..instant ban.

ah yes..... the 'flag-that-shall-not-be-named'

Somehow I doubt we will see that flag in this game.

Pan-Asian and Commonwealth are an entirely different kettle of fish,  though I agree with Seadog_Supreme someone will be butt-hurt in regards to the ROC flag.

Edited by Lord_Slayer
  • Cool 1

Members
252 posts
946 battles
10 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

ah yes..... the 'flag-that-shall-not-be-named'

Somehow I doubt we will see that flag in this game.

Pan-Asian and Commonwealth are an entirely different kettle of fish,  though I agree with Seadog_Supreme someone will be butt-hurt in regards to the ROC flag.

Surprised they are doing this. Thought the ROC/PRC political drama was the reason the Pan-Asian line never got their own flags to begin with. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

Now ,Now calm yourself the Broken Cross has more meanings than just them. It appears in many older historic archaeological places. It has been used throughout Humanities History.Just because of a few Crimes against Humanity by a Corporal in our life cycle doesn't mean it will never be resurrected.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,763 posts
8,748 battles
6 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

not if China has anything to say about it, and they will, they're the reason we didnt have that option in the first place, yeah, we were SUPPOSED to have that option when the line first arrived, but China had to get all worked up over a flag and ruined it for everyone

Edited by tcbaker777

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,763 posts
8,748 battles
4 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

x0fgcpN.gif

i mean the Japanese STILL use this flag today, so i see no reason, why it cant be a choice

4 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

dnC8Pcx.gif

i like the look of this flag

[WOLF9]
Members
8,824 posts
4,180 battles
7 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

that little bug that can cause the game to crash when you try to log in after a DC.

What's a DC?

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles
8 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

x0fgcpN.gif

Modern videos like this always amuse me.

Seeing the sun ray flag going into Pearl Harbor is always an interesting thing :Smile_Default:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,763 posts
8,748 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Seeing the sun ray flag going into Pearl Harbor is always an interesting thing :Smile_Default:

yeah,but someone would get "offended" if it was in the game, guarantee it

[SALVO]
Members
20,153 posts
20,002 battles
5 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

i mean the Japanese STILL use this flag today, so i see no reason, why it cant be a choice

You know why it can't be.  It's the exact same reason the flag-that-shall-not-be-named cannot be used.  Various national, etc. laws that WG has little choice but to comply with.

But for the record, given that this is a thread on "National Flags", the Rising Sun flag actually is not a "national flag".  It's the naval ensign of the Japanese Navy, just like the "White Ensign" is the naval ensign of the British Royal Navy.

[-AVA-]
Members
189 posts
9,528 battles

Having a big schlong doesn't mean you have to wave it in the face of people who don't really give a rat's butt. And would probably get you arrested anyway.

Edited by syd_

[PVE]
Members
2,187 posts
5,187 battles

I suspect, and this is just a guess, that the "Japanese Battle Flag" isn't displayed for much the same reason the hakenkreuz (look it up) can't be displayed. And it's not so much about Wargaming/Russia respecting political rules of other countries. I mean WHEN did Russia ever give a crap about other country's rules? I bet it's because the JBF is a symbol of an opponent Russia had during WW2. Russia will probably never include these flags because they still haven't learned to forgive and forget. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
On 3/23/2018 at 11:53 AM, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm still waiting for the Kazakhstan flag and warship tree.

borat_cultural_learnings_of_america_for_

I would love that, especially if they got a buff when fighting ships from Uzbekistan!!!!!

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
5,330 posts
5,553 battles
On 3/23/2018 at 8:57 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I think it's just natural. If anything, WWII can be seen as an aberration in Japanese-American relations - we helped open Japan to the west, and we were best friends with them again almost immediately following the war. Aside from the Chinese, the United States has the biggest "beef" to claim with the rising sun, and I doubt it irks anyone under the age of 70 in even the slightest way. 

If anything, I find the Chinese ultra-nationalist aggression directed towards all things Japanese far, FAR more offensive than the memory of what happened 80 years ago. 

Edited by AviationBattleship_Hyuga