You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Five Minutes in the Life of Bismarck

13 comments in this topic

Members
3,914 posts
8,376 battles

The BIs has my only 19-pt captain and I use him to shorten captain skill upgrades at this point, along with smacking targets at 11 km+ range with enhanced secondary fire setting. Hilarious how all ships, even DDs,will break off when they get the fire alarm going off.

The Biz stll rules at tier VIII.

• Cool 1

[PNP]
Members
397 posts
3,222 battles

This is why I use a secondary build. The dispersion is so trollish on the main guns that at least I can make some damage via fires with secondaries. Bis is still fun to brawl though.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,980 posts
9,293 battles

Okay, I've had a lot of potential damage thrown my way in a Bismarck, but never THAT much inside of 5 minutes. They must have really wanted you sunk.

[RKLES]
Members
8,922 posts
10,828 battles
4 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

The BIs has my only 19-pt captain and I use him to shorten captain skill upgrades at this point, along with smacking targets at 11 km+ range with enhanced secondary fire setting. Hilarious how all ships, even DDs,will break off when they get the fire alarm going off.

The Biz stll rules at tier VIII.

Yeah same here with me, Bismarck has my original German BB captain on it so no surprise it is level 19. And have to agree the secondIes are awesome, lol it’s like firing Flak guns at aircraft only they are secondary guns shooting at DDs, but feels so much the same. But it is fair to have that power since Bismarck potentially faces some stealthy DDs that can get very close before torp walling Bismarck. As long as the DD keeps their guns silent on the way in on a torp run that is.

[PVE]
Members
2,878 posts
21,374 battles
2 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

Okay, I've had a lot of potential damage thrown my way in a Bismarck, but never THAT much inside of 5 minutes. They must have really wanted you sunk.

Assuming all those torp were aimed at the Bismarck over 500k of that damage was just torps...but that still leave around 2.3 M of shells in about 3.5 minutes (accounting for about a minute for 1st engagement) so I'd say...yeah...

6 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Ready to brawl....

They wanted you dead really fast.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

As long as the DD keeps their guns silent on the way in on a torp run that is.

I find it amazing how many people white line torps at BBs while completely undetected & then immediately fire their guns or smoke up to let them know to turn...baffling sometimes...especially against Bismarcks & other KM BBs that w/just a silly little 20% rudder shift upgrade can thread some of the sickest torp beat in the game...not to mention the hydro to hunt them down in that smoke.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,497 posts
14,616 battles
4 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

They must have really wanted you sunk.

Well, I was aiming for a brawl, but was forced deeper than I expected.  I was supporting a DD ahead and had good back support.  I was positioning short of the cap at a point where my secondaries would rule the cap and I could be selective with my mains.  Hydro on.  Just as I cut the boilers, the first torp wall appeared ahead, and I had to go flank to comb them.  Then another wall came from the port, so I had to swing that way to comb.   And then another wall from starboard...combed them too.  As I was the tip of the spear at this point, all ships at that cap were shooting at me.  I can't remember dodging that many torps without any hitting in such a short time.  But the death hit was another torp wall to port just after I had turned to starboard.

There were three red DDs and a CA pushing the cap.  Our DD had to beat feet (the proper tactic); we passed each other in the cap.  I ran the red DDs the other way and their CA ran aground.   Although I died early, it was fun.  I discombobulated the red cap push, and had enough friendlies behind me to effectively follow up and take advantage of the opportunity.  They quickly dispatched the beached CA and pushed through, took the cap...and never looked back for a good win.   

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester
3,131 posts
7,010 battles

Here I was thinking you were going to compare the life of Bismarck with that of Khal Drogo.   Both were born badasses ready to kick butt and take names.  Both died prematurely to infected boo boos.  

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 hour ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Here I was thinking you were going to compare the life of Bismarck with that of Khal Drogo.   Both were born badasses ready to kick butt and take names.  Both died prematurely to infected boo boos.  

Off topic but I think killing off Drogo so early was a huge mistake for Richard Martin.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

Nearly 3 million potential damage.  In less than five minutes of play.  :Smile_amazed:

Bloody hell.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
11 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Ready to brawl....

shot-18_03.22_23_15.20-0640.thumb.jpg.9834b6801c569593d0a170f7594d019f.jpg

Nice to see someone actually using her as she's intended, the VAST majority of Bismarcks I see in game do their best to stay farthest from the enemy and try to snipe all game.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
5 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I find it amazing how many people white line torps at BBs while completely undetected & then immediately fire their guns or smoke up to let them know to turn...baffling sometimes...especially against Bismarcks & other KM BBs that w/just a silly little 20% rudder shift upgrade can thread some of the sickest torp beat in the game...not to mention the hydro to hunt them down in that smoke.

If I fire torps at a target and notice that they've changed course or speed and my torps will miss, i'll position behind my torps then fire to cause the enemy ship to turn back into their path.