You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

0 for 9 Tonight 33% Me, 66% MM

25 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
9,083 battles

Another wild losing streak. No wins 9 straight losses. In 3 of the losses, I made some mistakes, played poorly. In 6 of them I was in the top 3 on my team and played well. The teams however in all cases were atrociously bad, making inexplicably bad decisions, game after game after game. I've never had, at least not in recent memory a 9 game win streak, or even a 7 game win streak....but massive losing streaks..they happen all too often.  I guess being 15 games over 500 was enough of a marker to get the patent swinging against me tonight. now I'm back down closer to 50% so maybe I can actually be on a good team for a change. 

Members
1,819 posts
3 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

Another wild losing streak. No wins 9 straight losses. In 3 of the losses, I made some mistakes, played poorly. In 6 of them I was in the top 3 on my team and played well. The teams however in all cases were atrociously bad, making inexplicably bad decisions, game after game after game. I've never had, at least not in recent memory a 9 game win streak, or even a 7 game win streak....but massive losing streaks..they happen all too often.  I guess being 15 games over 500 was enough of a marker to get the patent swinging against me tonight. now I'm back down closer to 50% so maybe I can actually be on a good team for a change. 

You must answer me these question three, before the other side ye see....

Do you have premium?

Did you join a clan?

Did you like your twitch?

If the answer to all three is no, there is your answer.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[TASH]
Members
5,087 posts
9,283 battles

Don't go blaming your team, think of what you can do better as a player.  You definitely can improve on something.

• Cool 1

Members
3,914 posts
8,376 battles

I got 6 out of six with my favourite ship right now (Lyon with gift captain) and called it a night. I was in the top 5 for most, a potato for one when I got too aggressive and was torp-slapped badly, but a kraken in my best--doenst matter--you lose mate.

Really I get the stepping back needed to see the larger pattern with wins and losses, but being put on a total schlub team, losing but being number 1, with no special awards (see LWM post recently on that topic), is demoralizing. If I find it a tough pill to swallow (why do I keep playing this?) I can barely imagine what it must be like for a noob player.

Members
3,914 posts
8,376 battles
5 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Don't go blaming your team, think of what you can do better as a player.  You definitely can improve on something.

Propaganda. If you are put on a schlub team the best you can do is cause as much damage before they hunt you down and sink you after they wipe out your lamer team mates. ok... any questions?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
1,123 posts
7,773 battles
25 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Some times you could have done better...some times it really is your team. The first step to improving is knowing what the problem is. When half the team dies in under 8 minutes it's probably not you.

[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles

Kalishikat... Its really hard to raise your win rate as you approach 50%. I am a similar player to you and ran into the same problem. The MM is not the problem. 

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,683 battles

If it makes you feel better I had an 80% win rate and a 2200WTR over my last 15 battles. Skill matters when it comes to winning.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
15 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

If it makes you feel better I had an 80% win rate and a 2200WTR over my last 15 battles. Skill matters when it comes to winning.

jesus that alot of battles i could been higher but ark survival evolve stole my time on xbox one.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,605 battles

After a certain point of people QQing about losing streaks I'm gonna want to start watching replays... if nothing but for entertainment value but also to point things out.

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,622 battles

You know, every time you lost someone else got a win. Don't have to always look at it as half empty

Members
164 posts
1,933 battles

It happens to us all my friend.  Of course there are times where there is nothing you can do but more often than not there was more you could have done.  I am not a great player by any definition but I am slowly learning that force projection and taking actions that force an enemy to do things they would rather not do is key.  That and flipping that cap to green!

It is not easy at first but glueing your eyes on the minimap and putting yourself in a place that makes the enemy scared of you, or even the prospect of you will tip the balance.  How many times have you cursed the BB that is sitting in that perfect spot or the DD that ninja-vanishes, caps a base and seemingly fires torps from unexpected angles?  It's this strategic thinking and practice implementing that strategic thinking that facilities the winning streaks.

Review your own replays, ask for help from div mates or watch certain Youtubers play with a critical eye.  Practice playing the map and not the "damage game" and you will do well.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,526 posts
12,334 battles

Or you can play the numbers game , load in a ship go forward cap shoot some people then die, exit game load into new ship, and rinse and repeat, teams will win without you there, and who knows you might have a 7 - 3 night, stuff all damage but hey does it matter.

But don't start a thread complaining about being reported for botting.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
9,083 battles

One ship I played had a 58% WR, one had a 54% WR, 6 straight losses despite good numbers. Odds are, based on WR I should have won 50% of my games, or at least 2 of 6, how about 1? 6 losses in a row goes against the odds. The other 3 losses last night were in the ship that hates me, Bretagne. All my other T5 BBs are over 50% WR, except 39% Bretagne, despite good damage numbers. It's like MM says ohhhh he's got Bretagne, time for a crappo team. A 1022 WTR for 9 straight losses. 1230 WTR for the 6 losses in my 2 good WR ships. But it's me right????

Edited by KalishniKat

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,683 battles
5 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

One ship I played had a 58% WR, one had a 54% WR, 6 straight losses despite good numbers. Odds are, based on WR I should have won 50% of my games, or at least 2 of 6, how about 1? 6 losses in a row goes against the odds. The other 3 losses last night were in the ship that hates me, Bretagne. All my other T5 BBs are over 50% WR, except 39% Bretagne, despite good damage numbers. It's like MM says ohhhh he's got Bretagne, time for a crappo team.

Maybe you should switch to DD's. I regularly have a 60-80% win rate in them. Simple reason is I can exert more influence on the outcome of a game in them. Just a thought.

Members
1,819 posts
On 3/23/2018 at 6:39 PM, KalishniKat said:

Losses continue..not sure what more I can do

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.03.23 - 20.18.26.76.png

Read above?

Are you premium?
Are you in a premium ship?
Are you linked to twitch?
Are you in a clan?

[-K-]
Supertester
3,131 posts
7,010 battles

If you've lost 9 in a row, you've played 5 games too many.  4 losses in any session and I quit to do something else.  

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,089 battles

Remember, sample size!

Also,  playing on a tilt is not a good idea.

If your longer term stats (30 day) has gone down, maybe analyse what you are doing differently? (i.e. playing different class, higher tier etc)

If you get frustrated, I suggest some T4 games in a "comfort ship"

To look for trends, if you click on your stats where it says "30 day" etc. It will then show only your games over the last 30 (by ship)

I.e. I notice you're playing a CV with 0 from 8. That alone is dropping your win rate over the last 3 days.

https://na.warships.today/player/1021203079/KalishniKat

Also, your performance in Bretagne, Normandie,  Zuiho (another CV) and Fubuki has been very poor over the last 30. Using the last 30 days is better as it is a more reliable sample size of 300+ games.

My 10c: Don't play on a tilt. Avoid CVs and French BBs. Play your Wyoming or Kaiser a bit and chill. Enjoy some lower tier DDs. 

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles
On 3/22/2018 at 11:03 PM, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

You know, every time you lost someone else got a win. Don't have to always look at it as half empty

I am sure i know what you meant, but what you said was...

You should rejoice in loosing, because someone else won.