You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Finally got the special French BB captain...

17 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Yeah, I know, took me long enough, lol... So AR and Expert Marksman are a no brainer with this guy....what other skill did you spec, and what ship do you have him on? I've got him on the Dunk...but I guess he was made for the Republic? 

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles

I just got him, Was hoping the French would have a high tier Cruiser to put him in but no such luck ... so will keep in reserve for now

[MACH1]
Members
161 posts
13,314 battles
2 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I just got him, Was hoping the French would have a high tier Cruiser to put him in but no such luck ... so will keep in reserve for now

How high you want the HIV is tier 10

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles
1 minute ago, CaptKornNutz said:

How high you want the HIV is tier 10

Guess I’ll have to look at the line and see if I want to grind it out

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

I like them... I think the fun starts at Tier 7, but some might disagree... Hey wait a sec, did I hijack my own thread? 

Did anyone put him on a CA? He might just rock in a H4 or a Martel... 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I like them... I think the fun starts at Tier 7, but some might disagree... Hey wait a sec, did I hijack my own thread? 

Did anyone put him on a CA? He might just rock in a H4 or a Martel... 

Yes you hijacked .. your post your allowed

I’ve got Jhon Doe on my Cleveland and he gets the shell switch down to 1.9 seconds loaded and Dunkirk on the Belfast these special Captains do make a noticeable difference in CA

.I went down the Japanese line and should have Yamamoto soon but his skills don’t kick in till first blood and Krackken 

[AAA]
Members
620 posts
7,103 battles

I thought about putting him in the Gascone as it could use the ER and AR until I unlocked t9 bb, but decided to stick him on the ca line to build him up. Currently on t7 and may push him all the way to the Henry. May ship him to the bb line at 9 or 10? 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,449 posts
4,362 battles

I put mine in Gascogne. An awesome ship, in my opinion. :]

I'm aiming for the "soft secondary build," as recommended by Miss Maus in her Gascogne review. So that's PM, EM, AR, SI, DE, MFCSA, and AFT.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,191 posts
11,675 battles

I put him on Aigle and having a blast, still able to level up and train capt at the same speed

Members
3,914 posts
8,376 battles

No,I  put mine on the Lyon and worked him hard up to a 14-pt captain at this point. 16 guns with gunnery expert and adrenaline extra, what's not to like?

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
3,148 posts
11,000 battles

Just got him and have been wondering where best to use him.

BB -Only have the Normandy currently with a 5pt captain. Put him there or wait until I get Lyon?

Have all the French Cruisers. Already have 10pt + captains

No Aigle (yet)

[SNIPR]
Members
32 posts
3,678 battles

I sure like him on the Lyon so far.  All those guns....can be high risk but sitting at low HP on purpose holding on to your Repair can often lead to you getting off a 2-1 volley ratio against other BB's late game.  Have surprised many a BB with that 2nd volley while they think I'm just potatoing instead of turning away after my shot.  Really sends those secondaries into overdrive too in low HP close range slugging matches.

I particularly enjoy ruining the days of T-VII/T-VIII German BB's.  They are so used to being close range kings in their tiers and as long as you can predict and avoid their torp shots you can go toe to toe with them with secondaries and lets see..... they have 6/9/8/8 main gun barrels respectively from Gneis-Scharny-Derpitz-Bismark so yea I'll take a sub 10km fight with my 16 guns any day.

Lyon sure has it's disadvantages but it is sooooo much fun to accelerate the fire rate of that crap pile of guns with the French Cpt.