You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jupidor

Chat Banned for convincing people to Press T

127 comments in this topic

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles

I start off alot of matching with a simple phrase like "Hey anyone spot anything on the new ingame spotting map yet? (Press T to open). 

I fail to see how that qualifies for repeated chat ban, in support I offer this.

1. Premature smoke is absolutely hilarious, I mean come on it is.

2. I dont see how it can qualify as spam because it indeed is not being spammed, and Its not cut and pasted, I actually (Type it or something similar most matches).

3. It is simply teaching other players to be more aware of the keybindings, it is a valuable lesson to premature smoke once in a while or put your aa on high alert. 

To be clear I usuualy warn my team mates not to press T some actually do still occasionally. They must really want to spot a dolphin is my only guess why.

Really though, should the chat bans be for this? 

Also is there anyway to appeal this chat ban?

Please by way of impromptu poll, react to this post if you feel my actions were out of line, or funny.

Edit: 

Here is another one I type alot to get poeple it works the best if you want to try it.

"Hey anyone spot anything for the new ingame spotting event? I spotted a dolphin last match and got a container" 

Wait about 5 seconds then type 

"Just look for yellow triangles and white ovals, on the new ingame mini event panel (Press T to open)

It causes about 1 in 4 enemy destroyers to blow smoke...

Second Edit: I was told to use the ingame support system to appeal it as it was ingame, and to Press T to contact technical support ingame... Well he got me, and I laughed and couldnt believe I actually thought it would work (crazy huh) I laughed at myself and didnt go and report anyone... (It was very well played of him to be honest)

Please feel free you get your high horse out of the stable and chastise me for a joke.

Edited by Jupidor
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 13
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
1 minute ago, Jupidor said:

I start off alot of matching with a simple phrase like "Hey anyone spot anything on the new ingame spotting map yet? (Press T to open). 

I fail to see how that qualifies for repeated chat ban, in support I offer this.

2. I dont see how it can qualify as spam because it indeed is not being spammed, and Its not cut and pasted, I actually (Type it or something similar most matches).

3. It is simply teaching other players to be more aware of the keybindings, it is a valuable lesson to premature smoke once in a while or put your aa on high alert. 

Lots of adults in this game (Average age 42)...they really don't find childish antics amusing....So expect more such responses....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 9

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
Just now, Dictonary said:

Some people don’t like getting tricked.

I am sure they dont, but if you can make the mistake of pressing T most of the people actually find it quite funny (in my anecdotal opinion). 

Some do respond with "Report him" then I get a chat ban, but what on earth are they reporting me for? I am a very polite fellow, simply cause they got duped into Pressing T is absurd to be reported for.

• Cool 1

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Lots of adults in this game (Average age 42)...they really don't find childish antics amusing....So expect more such responses....:Smile_teethhappy:

Average Age 42... where did that statistic come from? I am 27 myself if it is of any importance and I would need some actual statistics to back up an average age of 42 on any online game.

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
7 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

your being a Jerk ... but I bet you already know that

Maybe, sir, maybe, I would rather think that the enjoyment of those do dont fall for it outweighs the little bit of wasted smoke.

• Cool 1

Members
192 posts
13,706 battles

My standard procedure at the beginning of every match is to turn off chat, mainly so I don't have to see this type of nonsense.

I wish I had started this practice long ago. In-game chat is a blight and I'm happy to be rid of it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles

instead of focusing on how to best support your teammates, your off having a chuckle at someone else’s expense and more than likely putting your team at a disadvantage  

• Cool 8

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
5 minutes ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

My standard procedure at the beginning of every match is to turn off chat, mainly so I don't have to see this type of nonsense.

I wish I had started this practice long ago. In-game chat is a blight and I'm happy to be rid of it.

The game is an online game, I wish there was more chat in it, probably its because im just lonely, and I like to start the game off with an icebreaker.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Members
93 posts
434 battles
29 minutes ago, Jupidor said:

That's hilarious, people actually fall for that

I once got reported for telling the team that I can't give constant fighter support because my fighters need to rearm. 

Beat that. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[O7]
Members
595 posts
8,688 battles
49 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You'd have to have the iq of a child to fall for the "press T". The only childish ones here are the ones who fall for it.

Edited by Feminist
  • Cool 9

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles
1 minute ago, Jupidor said:

The game is an online game, I wish there was more chat in it, probably its because im just lonely, and I like to start the game off with an icebreaker.

Join a clan then you can actually talk to all your mates in clan battles.... plus you can div up in Random and talk there also

• Cool 2

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
3 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

instead of focusing on how to best support your teammates, your off having a chuckle at someone else’s expense and more than likely putting your team at a disadvantage  

Sir, I usually tell my team immediately, Dont press T Im lying, so it really only hurts the other team if they fall for it.

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,002 battles
15 minutes ago, Jupidor said:

Maybe, sir, maybe, I would rather think that the enjoyment of those do dont fall for it outweighs the little bit of wasted smoke.

I don't fall for it, and I don't enjoy this sort of childish gamesmanship one tiny bit.  :cap_cool:

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles

Anyway is there a way to appeal a chat ban? I dont believe it really should be used this way.

Edited by Jupidor

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't fall for it, and I don't enjoy this sort of childish gamesmanship one tiny bit.  :cap_cool:

Sorry if I made you press T

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
17,099 battles
34 minutes ago, Jupidor said:

I am sure they dont, but if you can make the mistake of pressing T most of the people actually find it quite funny (in my anecdotal opinion). 

Some do respond with "Report him" then I get a chat ban, but what on earth are they reporting me for? I am a very polite fellow, simply cause they got duped into Pressing T is absurd to be reported for.

Nah we all just report for the lools maybe one day WG will see the abuse

[SQUAD]
Members
8,035 posts
8,371 battles
32 minutes ago, Jupidor said:

Sorry, but "polite fellow" and "trolls his teams" aren't remotely the same thing.

Consumables are important, very important, and for a great many players, just making the mistake on their own is infuriating, having someone trick them into doing it just causes rage.

And you, for whatever reason, immaturity, I assume, think it's funny to hurt your teammates. You're a toxic player, and you earned your ban. Grow up.

• Cool 12

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
6 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Sorry, but "polite fellow" and "trolls his teams" aren't remotely the same thing.

Consumables are important, very important, and for a great many players, just making the mistake on their own is infuriating, having someone trick them into doing it just causes rage.

And you, for whatever reason, immaturity, I assume, think it's funny to hurt your teammates. You're a toxic player, and you earned your ban. Grow up.

I ussually warn my team, as far as toxic thats a little much, but i can respect your opinion. Still waiting for the poster who claims 42 is the average age of wows.

1 minute ago, Kichougasaki said:

What did you expect? There are lots of 30+ year olds and most of them are manchildren.

Thats the truth, I am nearly 30, it is very childish to abuse the report chat in this manner.

[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
41 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

your being a Jerk ... but I bet you already know that

I see it as light hearted jabbing more than being a jerk.  It's one of the funniest things I see people do.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
384 posts
10,060 battles

well you played with fire and got burnt, could be worse

[O_O]
Members
5,018 posts
11,288 battles
17 minutes ago, Jupidor said:

Anyway is there a way to appeal a chat ban? I dont believe it really should be used this way.

Yes.  But if it happened in-game, you have to appeal it in-game (similarly, forum issues have to be appealed in the forum).  Next time you start a game, hit "T" to bring up the UI for tech support.  Type your complaint and send.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Funny 5

Members
55 posts
1,186 battles
6 minutes ago, galspanic said:

I see it as light hearted jabbing more than being a jerk.  It's one of the funniest things I see people do.

Thats what I thought to bud.