3 - 5 FPS for an entire match

20 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
19,927 posts
19,892 battles
37 minutes ago, Korayl said:

image.thumb.png.2cff3b46cd0b1171ad15f86e8b90b3e2.png

I think that I was just in that battle with you.

Do you have some sort of download running in the background?  A Microsoft update, perhaps?  That can hurt FPS.  Also, sometimes, a clean install of your graphics drivers can help.

Members
12 posts
5,429 battles

nope to all of the above and more.  I just tried changing from Direct X 11 like the forums said, but it made no difference.

Unfortunately, this makes the game unplayable for me.  If a WG mod could let me know when a patch has come out for whatever's causing this issue, that would be appreciated, because there's little point logging in until that time.

Members
723 posts
8,775 battles

Close Google Chrome...
Lower your resolution too... I put mine in 1280x720 and in full screen and it looks like I'm still playing at 1080p (Note: this monitor I'm using is a HDTV)

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
375 posts
5,790 battles

I run into that problem every now and then. Game turns into a slideshow and is unplayable. For some reason, the problem corrects itself when you get sunk.

Members
12 posts
5,429 battles

This is not the case with me.  Well, kind of.  When my ship is sunk, my FPS increases to 8.

Members
12 posts
5,429 battles

Has anyone tried re-installing their client to see if that resolves or reduces any of the issue?

[WOLF5]
Members
686 posts
8,451 battles

Does it happen all the time,or just that 1 game ? You do have a lot of ships around you ( more strain on your graphic card, to render all those ships ) What is your normal fps in game ? I too have big fps drops in situ like that,but usually  we are not supposed to have all the ships clustered in 1 area..(well it happens unfortunately ) And are you playing in windowed  ,with all those other tabs open under it(like google,etc) ?? You do have a high ping too,,it is  possible some other apps caused this,try run the game ONLY,without any other stuff running in the background,,heck,just the google browser itself running  can make your fps drop like hell,under certain situation . 

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
543 posts
7,713 battles
1 hour ago, Korayl said:

Has anyone tried re-installing their client to see if that resolves or reduces any of the issue?

Yes. It made a lot of difference. I still get very occasional 'slide shows' at around 10/12fps, but they are rare. Slightly more common drop is to 30fps.

Members
12 posts
5,429 battles

Okay, I tried a fresh install, ran the game in full screen, had no other programs running.   Attached are the results:

image.thumb.png.4687438b7e5904ffd07431899b1d5f6f.png

Members
12 posts
5,429 battles

Hmm, okay, that's just a black square.  I thought it was uploading or something.

Okay, please believe me when I tell you, because I'm not loading the game up to get another one, that the picture shows *ZERO* FPS.

As in none.  Based on my visible screen refresh rate, I would say I was getting about 0.25 FPS.  Navigating my port was hellish; usually about 6-25 seconds just to register a mouseover, and clicks were sometimes not registered at all.  

This game is 100% unplayable right now for me.  

Wargaming: I currently have a quest for a Lyon about 50% completed before this [edited] started happening.  If this isn't resolved before the quest expires, and my money's on the fact that it won't be, I'm going to want to see a Lyon sitting in my port when I next login.  And, because this experience has been so goddamn awful...I wouldn't be upset if there were other things dropped into my account as an apology from WG to me.

[WOLF5]
Members
686 posts
8,451 battles

dude,,,so many things can go wrong,,but to get 0fps , and even the first post of 5-8 fps, most likely the  problem is at your end, . And contrary to advise here,you should not just go and reinstall the game,,waste of time .  What are  your system specs? Can you play other games ,without issues? 

Members
12 posts
5,429 battles

Well, I've played this game for years with no problems.  And I can play other games, more graphically intensive games, just fine as well.  I don't see how it's at my end given those two facts.  Why do you think it's at my end?

[WOLF5]
Members
686 posts
8,451 battles
56 minutes ago, Korayl said:

Well, I've played this game for years with no problems.  And I can play other games, more graphically intensive games, just fine as well.  I don't see how it's at my end given those two facts.  Why do you think it's at my end?

A dip,even a big one in performance,happens to a lot of players. Right out crash of the app,,happens a lot.  Fps extremely low(5-8),or next to zero,,,should not happen. And not just to 1 person anyhow.  Hardware can  crap out, op system ,driver update all can cause big issues. That low fps means, your graphic hardware is not doing it`s job. Or your cpu. or memory.... Run some hardware monitoring app, next time you try to play,to see if any of the major components gets maxed out,perhaps overheating,,whatever. Did this happen right after the last game patch ?  Did you try to switch between dx9-dx11?

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

Members
12 posts
5,429 battles

Yes, I tried switching DX.  It's happened gradually over the last couple of weeks or so.  When I play WarThunder, I get 140 FPS.  That doesn't sound like my graphics card is shitting the bed to me.

Also, I'm not the only person who's had this problem.  You should read the forums.

[WOLF5]
Members
686 posts
8,451 battles
9 hours ago, Korayl said:

Yes, I tried switching DX.  It's happened gradually over the last couple of weeks or so.  When I play WarThunder, I get 140 FPS.  That doesn't sound like my graphics card is shitting the bed to me.

Also, I'm not the only person who's had this problem.  You should read the forums.

ok,maybe i have missed those posts. Can you give me the links to the posts,so i can read those ? I`m really trying to help,so don`t get upset. Also,wait till next patch(maybe this week?) they do gonna implement a fix for the low fps and lag issues ,players are having. I`m still saying, there is a world of difference between peoples 20-30 fps problems,vs your 0.75fps........ I do hope you can solve this problem. Good luck.

Members
12 posts
5,429 battles

Well, after this most recent mailing from WG, I decided to log back in.

I am noting a significant improvement.

I went from 0 FPS to 10 FPS.  I hope that further improvements will be possible, because I tried playing a co-op battle, and it was playable, but only because it was co-op.  In randoms or ranked, the game is unplayable still.  I appreciate the offer of 3 days of premium...but it's not that worthwhile if I can't play the game at all.