Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shannon_Lindsey

Helena questions

4 comments in this topic

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
256 posts
6,639 battles

In regards to the upcoming light cruiser Helena, I have a couple of questions. First, which will have better AA at tier 7, New Orleans or Helena? Second, will the second and third main turrets have full 360 degree turning?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,149 posts
14,252 battles
27 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

In regards to the upcoming light cruiser Helena, I have a couple of questions. First, which will have better AA at tier 7, New Orleans or Helena? Second, will the second and third main turrets have full 360 degree turning?

No stats yet on Helena that I have seen but the WOWS Dev Blog states the NO will keep the same AA on the B Hull it had at T8.

FWIW

[B-K-N]
Members
21 posts
5,277 battles

It's hard to say on the AA...  If it is done historically (lol! WG historical?) Helena should have slightly better AA. She mounted the DP 5"/38, whereas NO had the less effective 5"/25. 

Late war the light AA on St. Louis (Helena's sister ship) and the NO class were similar.   But every ship was slightly different in that regard depending on when she was last in the yard.  If Helena's top AA is what she really had around the time she was sunk in '43 and does not reflect the St. Louis at the end of the war the light AA battery would be significantly worse than the NO's in game which reflects her 1945 config.

However I think it's hard (impossible?) to know until it's published as WG is not consistent with the light AA gun DPS output.  Both Pensacola and NOs B hull 40mm guns are nerfed significantly compared to Cleveland and Baltimore and thier 20mm slightly. With a lower DPS than Cleveland or Baltimore.  

Final opinion, my gut says they will tune them to be *very* close on purpose.

Helena (1943)

• 4x2 5"38 in turrets (8)
  • 8x2 40mm (16)
  • 12x1 20mm (12)

New Orleans (1945 (B Hull))

• 8x1 5"/25 (8)
  • 6x4 40mm (24) *nerfed
  • 28x1 20mm (28) *nerfed

St. Louis (Helena Sister) (1945) 

• 4x2 5"38 in turrets (8)
  • 4x4 + 6x2 40mm (28)
  • 18x1 20mm (18)

Cleveland (B Hull)

• 6x2 5"/38 in turrets (12)
  • 6x2 40mm (12)
  • 13x1 20mm (13)

* Updated with the stats when I got to a real computer.

Edited by seaherder

Sign in to follow this