Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Space Battles and the special T10 skins

8 comments in this topic

Members
2,419 posts
9,041 battles

I read the relevant article, and checked all of the announced rewards (i.e. flag, expendable sci-fi camo, and some new patches), but there's nothing about those special skins.  They look really good, and you do have the existing history of making event specific skins available for purchase (or rare drop from container) in-game.  Will those space skins be made available as optional skins for the ship those skins were designed for?

[SALVO]
Members
20,145 posts
19,993 battles
37 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

..or maybe earn them while playing the Space Battle? 

If they're going to charge something like 5k gold for them (something like about $22-23), do you really think they're going to give them away for free?  Well, maybe one, but all of them?  I doubt it.  They must have to put a LOT of time and effort into developing six (IIRC) essentially new models for these ships.  I just don't see them giving them all away for free, but who knows.

If they did have a campaign to earn them, I'd play it, I suppose, because I like playing the  campaigns just to have goals to play towards.  But I'm just not sure that I'd play the skins in normal random battles.  But if others want to, as long as I can turn them off, that's fine by me.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
12 hours ago, Crucis said:

If they're going to charge something like 5k gold for them (something like about $22-23), do you really think they're going to give them away for free?  Well, maybe one, but all of them?  I doubt it.  They must have to put a LOT of time and effort into developing six (IIRC) essentially new models for these ships.  I just don't see them giving them all away for free, but who knows.

If they did have a campaign to earn them, I'd play it, I suppose, because I like playing the  campaigns just to have goals to play towards.  But I'm just not sure that I'd play the skins in normal random battles.  But if others want to, as long as I can turn them off, that's fine by me.

They aren't listed as drops from the Space Crates so no, I think you have to buy them.  Hopefully they will have a set.  The musky's space camo was really neat looking so I'll at least get that one.

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,860 battles

Given the work involved in creating them and interesting in players wanting them as perma camo, we may just get them as perma camo.

Sign in to follow this