Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

Anyone else suspect the Kronshtadt will be a free XP ship?

29 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
1,181 posts
1,105 battles

Obviously I have nothing to back that up, but I don't see where else it will fit in the current Soviet tech tree. Am I out in left field thinking this?

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles

I think it will probably be a reward ship. I can't recall where, but I did hear something along the lines of that it was going to be a Clan Wars reward ship. Of course, I can be wrong, but that seems like a logical slot that Kronshtadt can fill.

[BNKR]
Members
1,181 posts
1,105 battles
Just now, AtlanticRim said:

I think it will probably be a reward ship. I can't recall where, but I did hear something along the lines of that it was going to be a Clan Wars reward ship. Of course, I can be wrong, but that seems like a logical slot that Kronshtadt can fill.

Certainly possible, although there's no money in that. If there's one thing I learned after four years of WoT, if there's a way to monetize it, they'll do it.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,574 posts
11,996 battles

I have also heard that it may be   personal oil   award.    Use up those personal oil that you saved up being in clan

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,320 posts
7,604 battles

Would love a fxp cruiser since the last 3(?) have been BBs. Sadly though as long as its as bad as it looks, it may not be worth the price.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,766 posts
8,761 battles
20 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Obviously I have nothing to back that up, but I don't see where else it will fit in the current Soviet tech tree. Am I out in left field thinking this?

if i was a betting man, thats what id put my money on Kron being

[O_O]
Members
5,020 posts
11,288 battles

I have Missouri, Nelson, and Musashi.  I am also back up to almost 100k Free XP.  Let's get the next Free XP ship in the works!

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
34 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

Stalingrad Tier 10 cruiser similar to the Kronshtadt is supposed to be the Clan Wars reward ship.  Kronshtadt is going to be Tier 9 which just screams Free XP ship.

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
4,298 posts
10,967 battles

They hinted at ships being available for a new currency. WE also know they want to use oil. My guess is that it will be purchased for personal oil.

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles
3 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Stalingrad Tier 10 cruiser similar to the Kronshtadt is supposed to be the Clan Wars reward ship.  Kronshtadt is going to be Tier 9 which just screams Free XP ship.

OK, thanks for the clarification, I guess I just got confused between the two. I think the Kron is going to be a FXP ship then.

[O_O]
Members
5,020 posts
11,288 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

They hinted at ships being available for a new currency. WE also know they want to use oil. My guess is that it will be purchased for personal oil.

If so, I guess I need to join a clan and start building my oil totals.  Does a clan exist with just a period or apostrophe for a clan name?  All these clan tags in front of players' names annoys me.

[OO7]
Members
4,298 posts
10,967 battles
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

If so, I guess I need to join a clan and start building my oil totals.  Does a clan exist with just a period or apostrophe for a clan name?  All these clan tags in front of players' names annoys me.

Has to have a minimum of 3 characters, I believe

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
5,006 battles
34 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Dude, the 10% off on basically everything should have had you in a clan before now.  10% off research XP cost of ships, 10% off credit price of tech tree ships & 10% off post-battle repair once each clan port facility has all it's upgrades (this is off the top of my head, if anyone's in game or knows better, please correct me.)

Tried to verify this, but there's no mention of clans in the wiki...

[PROJX]
Members
1,010 posts
18,440 battles
1 hour ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

There was a statement from a WG rep that “the next FXP ship wasn’t going to be a BB”, which may be where the speculation the Kron will be a FXP ship is coming from.   

Edited by hangglide42

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,106 posts
4,527 battles

guys...t9 free exp cruiser...we know this.

Spoiler

(betting it's actually a test bed for best boat too)

alaska.thumb.png.9b43f3556a66d7edc38bdbac428344c6.png

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertester
4,369 posts
6,407 battles

Things we know.

1.  As a Tier 9 it won't be a tech tree ship
2. WG won't sell conventional premiums higher than T8, so it won't be a regular premium.  
3.  The Stalingrad will be the first Clan Battles reward, and since the Kronstadt appears to be ready for release long before the Stalingrad, odds are almost zero that the Kronstadt will be a CB reward.   
4.  WG has strongly hinted at the fact that there will be a non BB Tier 9 Free XP ship.

So while nothing is concrete, there is a really good chance it will be a Free XP ship.  The only other possible alternatives is a ranked reward, or maybe some kind of new event/campaign ship....but that doesn't strike me as a likely outcome.  

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,944 posts
8,385 battles

I think your suspicion is a good one.  Until we know more information, it's probably the most reasonable guess.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,505 posts
4,404 battles
1 hour ago, Hanger_18 said:

guys...t9 free exp cruiser...we know this.

Reveal hidden contents

(betting it's actually a test bed for best boat too)

alaska.thumb.png.9b43f3556a66d7edc38bdbac428344c6.png

Is that USS Alaska? xD

As for "Krony," I am interested because she's suppose to be more of a battlecruiser, rather than a pure cruiser, right? :3

[WOLF3]
Members
19,351 posts
17,682 battles

I just want it in the game, live, so my Battleships can start smashing it.  It's as big as a Battleship with the armor of a Cruiser.  No better kind of target for a Battleship to shoot at.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BNKR]
Members
1,181 posts
1,105 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I just want it in the game, live, so my Battleships can start smashing it.  It's as big as a Battleship with the armor of a Cruiser.  No better kind of target for a Battleship to shoot at.

Don't make me feel bad. It looks cool and I kind of want it.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,106 posts
4,527 battles
15 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Is that USS Alaska? xD

As for "Krony," I am interested because she's suppose to be more of a battlecruiser, rather than a pure cruiser, right? :3

before this argument starts (it will) it depends on whose definition of battlecruiser you use. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,505 posts
4,404 battles
4 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

before this argument starts (it will) it depends on whose definition of battlecruiser you use. 

Of course. Well, I just hope the argument doesn't become too serious. I mean no ill will. LOL. :Smile_hiding:

I was just saying that because that's the impression I got from reading Miss Maus' preview.

She also said it's very much like Scharnhorst, a BB and a cruiser hybrid. And I really like Scharnhorst, so I'm guessing that Krony would be fun to play too.

Well, I guess the ship has some armor issue, but nothing's perfect in this world anyway. :fish_cute_2:

Sign in to follow this