Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bassmasta76

Operations - is hard mode worth it?

13 comments in this topic

[5IN]
Members
1,790 posts
8,125 battles

Out of curiosity, is hard mode worth playing in operations?  I've done the current one about half a dozen times and it seems pretty easy.  Gotten 5 star completion a number of times, and its bringing in the XP and credits, so I was thinking about trying it on hard.

Again, just curious.

Thanks,

B

Members
211 posts
5,120 battles

Hard mode isn't available yet.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
3 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

Out of curiosity, is hard mode worth playing in operations?  I've done the current one about half a dozen times and it seems pretty easy.  Gotten 5 star completion a number of times, and its bringing in the XP and credits, so I was thinking about trying it on hard.

Again, just curious.

Thanks,

B

Hard mode isn't available yet, it's still in testing.

[5IN]
Members
1,790 posts
8,125 battles

Oh, got it.  Sorry for the dumb question then.  I saw it as a option but didn't try changing to it.  

Thanks for the quick responses!

B

[PSP]
Members
6,225 posts
8,853 battles
4 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

Oh, got it.  Sorry for the dumb question then.  I saw it as a option but didn't try changing to it.  

Thanks for the quick responses!

B

Not so dumb. Many of us are waiting for hard mode. After awhile you get bored with getting 5 stars match after match. It would be fun to get a real challenge after the operation has become "old hat." 

[_ARP_]
Supertester
11,944 posts
3,934 battles

I suspect the Gold of France Operation is a semi-testbed for Hard Mode since it limits the Nations you can use and also has split tiers for BBs.

Members
751 posts
6,891 battles
45 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Not so dumb. Many of us are waiting for hard mode. After awhile you get bored with getting 5 stars match after match. It would be fun to get a real challenge after the operation has become "old hat." 

Have you noticed how WG have made all of the operations easier over time?

[PSP]
Members
6,225 posts
8,853 battles
Just now, collisionSpace said:

I don't know if they have gotten easier or if I have gotten better. However, I have noticed that in the past there were some I thought nearly impossible. Not so much with the current one. I got 4 stars my first time out with a random team of first-time players who didn't know anything about the operation.  

[INTEL]
Members
791 posts
8,245 battles
2 hours ago, collisionSpace said:

I rewatched Jingles Vid on the Naval Station Newport Op originally posted when Ops were first released. That Op looks and plays no different now than it did on release. Players are just familiar with where/when the bots spawn. Killer Whale sure isn't easier, not that it was ever hard. I was 5 staring and topping the team in XP regularly with the 2 Tier 5 DD's from the Dunkirk op. It was always amusing to read the whining in chat about me bringing one and then completely wrecking both CV's and 3 or 4 other ships in the first three waves.

Members
9,957 posts
3 hours ago, Goose21891 said:

I suspect the Gold of France Operation is a semi-testbed for Hard Mode since it limits the Nations you can use and also has split tiers for BBs.

But it's not at all hard.....

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,304 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I don't know if they have gotten easier or if I have gotten better. However, I have noticed that in the past there were some I thought nearly impossible. Not so much with the current one. I got 4 stars my first time out with a random team of first-time players who didn't know anything about the operation.  

They've definitely gotten easier. I remember when the Newport once first came out, I couldn't 5 star it no matter how many times I played it. I just played it again recently and it was a cakewalk.

Members
751 posts
6,891 battles
26 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

I rewatched Jingles Vid on the Naval Station Newport Op originally posted when Ops were first released. That Op looks and plays no different now than it did on release. Players are just familiar with where/when the bots spawn. Killer Whale sure isn't easier, not that it was ever hard. I was 5 staring and topping the team in XP regularly with the 2 Tier 5 DD's from the Dunkirk op. It was always amusing to read the whining in chat about me bringing one and then completely wrecking both CV's and 3 or 4 other ships in the first three waves.

There seems to be either less bots in them after the first week and/or the bots that do appear are lower tier. Take Newport - from memory it used to spawn a Gneisenau in the final wave, now it's a Bayern. The cruisers that chased the carrier were tier 8, now they are tier 6. The spawns may still be the same, but the level of the opposing ships has decreased to make it easier.

Sign in to follow this