Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aussie_Aussie_Aussie

Appology To War Gamming

23 comments in this topic

Members
197 posts
8,535 battles

Dear War Gaming I'm sorry!!

Since beta testing I've been piling on the salt against War Gaming

Blaming them for the game play and mechanics that frustrated the hell outta me. 

I finally realised its not them!!!

Its us!

We are the ones who have created the frustration.

How?

By being focused on WTR! 

Wondered why dd's wont cap and other players wont help you?

Its because WTR has a 50% loading on damage dealt and only 20 or 30% for win rate and less for plane and ship kills

I did not realise this before because I have never been interested in stats.

Now I know 

So please accept my apology War gaming and everyone else who I have abused in the past.

I promise I will play with the meta now and not against it

GLHF ALL!

• Cool 2

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
2 minutes ago, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

Its because WTR has a 50% loading on damage dealt and only 20 or 30% for win rate and less for plane and ship kills

Guess who created this? Guess who makes stats not only public but allows 3rd party programs to name and shame people or call out "OMG they have a better CV we lose!!" right at the start?

That's right. WG.

EDIT: FYI, they don't give a [edited] how you feel. It's a company, not a person, "it" cares about money not sentiment.

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
Just now, w4spl3g said:

Guess who created this? Guess who makes stats not only public but allows 3rd party programs to name and shame people or call out "OMG they have a better CV we lose!!" right at the start?

That's right. WG.

Actually, the blame can be shared by the 3rd party stat-tracker sites as well as Wargaming, since the former choose to parse their stats the way they do, while there have been apparent "issues" (I put this in quotes because I'm not sure whether to believe these claims or not) with how the latter publish those stats.

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
40 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

That's right. WG.

EDIT: FYI, they don't give a [edited] how you feel. It's a company, not a person, "it" cares about money not sentiment.

Exactly. They didn't make stats available so others could name and shame, they made stats available period.

They made a game where you can sail ships around, and shoot other players. They also included a progression system that doesn't require any particular skill to utilise.

WG didn't cause the game to be frustrating for competitive people, we did, by being more competitive than the framework of the game supports.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,872 posts
1,338 battles
26 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

WG didn't cause the game to be frustrating for competitive people, we did, by being more competitive than the framework of the game supports.

Exactly.  The competitive types cause quite a bit of the issue themselves by thinking that Random Battles is in any way a competitive mode.  It's not.

Clan Battles is probably the ONLY actual competitive mode in the game.  Ranked is sort of, but not really.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,992 battles
1 hour ago, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

Dear War Gaming I'm sorry!!

Since beta testing I've been piling on the salt against War Gaming

Blaming them for the game play and mechanics that frustrated the hell outta me. 

I finally realised its not them!!!

Its us!

We are the ones who have created the frustration.

How?

By being focused on WTR! 

Wondered why dd's wont cap and other players wont help you?

Now I know 

So please accept my apology War gaming and everyone else who I have abused in the past.

I promise I will play with the meta now and not against it

GLHF ALL!

This.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have stated in many threads Lose the Stat availability to all players close down the WST. No more name n shame no more Stat "corner walkers"

Player stats provided by WG are not viewable by anyone but the player.

If the Player decides to show them that player would have to screen shot them and share them that way. Make it inconvenient { Bet the Stats would become very minimal interest}

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,315 posts
8,937 battles

Remember that WTR is a simple index created and weighted by whomever runs that single website. WTR, and the colors associated with it, are only as meaningful as you allow them to be.

A very good index could be created if someone had the interest because all statistics from each game are available to be collected. However, most people don't want to spend the time and effort doing this. 

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
2 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

Exactly.  The competitive types cause quite a bit of the issue themselves by thinking that Random Battles is in any way a competitive mode.  

Don't get me wrong, the game itself is competitive by its very nature, even in Randoms, just because there's winners and losers, with differing reward levels for each.

It's just that the pool of available players is so diverse in skills and motivation, it's folly to expect a consistent level of seriousness from one match to the next.

It's just like opening up a Lego playset with a group of kids from 2-12, and getting mad because some of the kids don't want to build the picture on the box.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,872 posts
1,338 battles
35 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Don't get me wrong, the game itself is competitive by its very nature, even in Randoms, just because there's winners and losers, with differing reward levels for each.

It's just that the pool of available players is so diverse in skills and motivation, it's folly to expect a consistent level of seriousness from one match to the next.

It's just like opening up a Lego playset with a group of kids from 2-12, and getting mad because some of the kids don't want to build the picture on the box.

That's pretty much where I am.  I understand your first point, but, the second point blanks a lot of it out.

Some people play for stats, some are collectors, some just like to shoot the guns, and a lot of people really don't care that much about the win except that you can grind faster by winning.  I try to win, but, I'm not a 'serious competitive player' and will probably never be, because I don't care to play at that level.  I have played at that level in other games, got my fill of it, I guess proved to myself that I can...and don't bother with it anymore.  So, if the team is willing, we'll make a game of it.  If the team sucks, we'll do some damage before we die, or not, and hit Battle again.

Had a game earlier in Phoenix.  We only had 2 DDs and I got just a hair too far up.  Got spotted, got carrier attention, beautifully faked out the TB squadron completely, one fire set on me by a DB squadron, but before I could run away, got one-shot by a Bretagne.  I just laughed, came back to the port, and hit Battle again on another ship.   I didn't let it bother me.   I did a fun thing, faking the TB right out, but then the other player in the BB got his good shot.  All balances out.

Individual wins or losses, I really don't care about.  Some people will say that well, you suck because your WR isn't at least 50%.  Usually those people have been playing for 10K games, too.  I don't have 1000 yet.  Those people can stick it, lick it, and rotate it for all I care.  I didn't come to this game to listen to the same types of people again.  As usual, they seem to think that the only way to play the game is their way, and I don't buy that at all.  I don't hide my stats, but if they want to shame me on them, I'll just put the person on ignore, and move on.   

The same types of people try to do this in just about every game with an ounce of competitive potential, and do their best to take the fun out of it for everyone who isn't like them,, because they just can't get it through their heads that it's simply not true that the only way to play a game is the most efficient or best-scoring or best-statistical way.  

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

[DBM]
Members
354 posts
3,920 battles
On 2/22/2018 at 12:05 AM, ObiwankzKenobi said:

just wondering, had you practiced shooting in scout plane view?

if you have not, I suggest you should start now in co op too ....... 1 of the most important Russian cruiser advantage - extend fire range and able to keep the shells dispersion tight enough to get some fire if you know how to snipe

I have practiced with the scout plane in Co Op.  If it lasted longer, I'd see more of an advantage, but I'm not seeing a big improvement.

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
23 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

That's pretty much where I am.  I understand your first point, but, the second point blanks a lot of it out.

Yeah, I kind of used the word "competitive" two ways. I should have said "seriously competitive" in the first case. Second I more meant it just because it has winners and losers. Like beach volleyball with a bunch of buddies in various states of inebriation.

23 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Some people play for stats, some are collectors, some just like to shoot the guns, and a lot of people really don't care that much about the win except that you can grind faster by winning.  I try to win, but, I'm not a 'serious competitive player'.......So, if the team is willing, we'll make a game of it.  If the team sucks, we'll do some damage before we die, or not, and hit Battle again.

Agree 100%.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
13 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Actually, the blame can be shared by the 3rd party stat-tracker sites as well as Wargaming, since the former choose to parse their stats the way they do, while there have been apparent "issues" (I put this in quotes because I'm not sure whether to believe these claims or not) with how the latter publish those stats.

It's all about the algorithms and how you choose to construct (fold/spindle/mutilate) them. This is what makes damned lies out of lies and eventually breeds statistics.

The Devil is in those details, which (as in all things) is why being able to examine the raw data is so important.

[CUTE]
Members
413 posts
6,085 battles

Honestly, please make it like CSGO with Ranks, rather from the boring Ranked matches where you could be rank 1 in BB but total noob in DD. Make it so rank only associate yourself with the specific ship that you are playing. While stat-shaming is not a polite way to do it, you can have a certain metric so teammates has an idea of how they are matched up and who they should carry. About bad CV player, usually is the determining factor of whether your team win or lost, other than that, DD stats is pretty important too. Bad DD is almost a certain lost, though good DD is not necessary a win.

Members
34 posts
3,994 battles
13 hours ago, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

<snip>

Now I know 

<snip>

It’s still ‘their fault’ that data is even accessible at that level of detail by anyone but the individual player...

Edited by CaptCombustion

[5IN]
Members
208 posts
17,624 battles

I'm only replying here in the hopes of increasing my Forum Rank stats which are visable to everyone who reads my replies I'm hoping for a promotion out of Petty Officer

• Cool 1

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
32 minutes ago, CaptCombustion said:

It’s still ‘their fault’ that data is even accessible at that level of detail by anyone but the individual player...

Just like it's the government's fault we have the WG patent info to argue over....

Just like it's the fault of General Motors and Jack Daniels that some drunk killed a family in a car accident.....

Just like it's God's fault that we kill each other, because he gave us minds capable of contemplating it, and thinking up methods of doing it....

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
31 minutes ago, MoeLykit said:

I'm only replying here in the hopes of increasing my Forum Rank stats which are visable to everyone who reads my replies I'm hoping for a promotion out of Petty Officer

post moar!

Members
34 posts
3,994 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Just like it's the government's fault we have the WG patent info to argue over....

Just like it's the fault of General Motors and Jack Daniels that some drunk killed a family in a car accident.....

Just like it's God's fault that we kill each other, because he gave us minds capable of contemplating it, and thinking up methods of doing it....

LOL! Do you project often?

I put ‘their fault’ in quotes for a reason. WG freely elects to make that data available. Now if someone finds ‘fault’ in that, that’s a different matter. Anyway, carry on.

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
1 hour ago, CaptCombustion said:

LOL! Do you project often?

No, but I often miss intent on the internet. Pretty common phenomenon.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this