Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

FINALLY did it. Minotaur in Port!

18 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,888 posts
10,675 battles

When I started playing WOWS in Dec 2016 all I wanted for ships was Bismarck and Hood. I was quite disappointed to learn Hood was not in the game at the time. I stayed on and played anyway. In watching videos to learn about the game and just researching I discovered the Minotaur. Actually the 1st WOWS replay video I watched was about the Minotaur and was from Jingles. I was hooked!. LOL

It instantly became "THE" ship I wanted. I started up the BRN CL line and got all the way to Fiji (was my 1st T7) before I got swayed to the dark side (BB's :Smile_hiding: LOL) and my Cruiser play took a back seat. I have since got to T10 in 4 BB lines, I got both Hood and Bismarck, but my BRN CL line progression was slow. Got to the T9 Neptune a while back but then the French BB's arrived and that dragged me away again. Today I decided it was time for the Minotaur. Played a bunch of games in Neptune and then using some Free XP unlocked the Minotaur a while ago. The quest is complete. 

Haven't played it yet but am looking forward to it.

Ys2eAMC.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 6

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,888 posts
10,675 battles

Well 1st game in the books and all I can say is HOLY FREAKIN CRAP!!! LOL Why did I wait so long to focus and get this? It is like the Atlanta has an older, mean, big brother who is angry at the world or something. I know it is a fragile ship and all but good lord if you can get in the right position it is unstoppable. Not sure how I follow up on a 1st game like this? Obviously could be more damage but dang 5 kills, 322 gun hits, etc...!  :Smile_teethhappy: Good lord you can even stealth torp with it like a DD ( 10km torps w/ 8.9km detection range).

Had a good position on an island. A DD came around to torp me and I just melted it in about 1 second. A short time after a Moskva came around the corner to get me and it took all of maybe 4 seconds to wipe it out (I had done some range damage earlier to it so it wasn't full health but it had enough to worry me when it came around). 

This will be fun...

h5r47pk.jpg

GvC7Rlf.jpg

synA6I1.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,237 posts
4,804 battles

YOICKS! Congrats and great game! 

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Congrats on the Minotaur! She is a machine gun to be sure.

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,615 battles

Congrats on the ship and the first game!

To me, the Mino is a great deal of fun and a greater deal of frustration. But I just started playing with radar, and that's removed a good bit of the frustration so far. The second game I ran radar had 2 DDs smoke-up trying to hide from me, and they didn't last long enough to utter the expletive that was obviously on their tongues.

She was the first T10 ship I got, and I've had a ripping good time with her in 100+ games.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,888 posts
10,675 battles

Yeah, so had Minotaur for a while now. Haven't got to play it much as I have been occupied with other things. Just took it out now for my 5th game in it. It would seem I have the hang of it LOL...

What really surprised me in this one, other than surviving being surrounded by a Musashi, Montana, and GK, was the 60 planes. I was very occupied with the 3 BB's right around me in the islands and while I knew my AA was going off, and occasionally I would focus a plane group, I didn't watch the counter. At the very end as I chased down the CV itt sent all it had at me and those were just melted but still didn't look at how many.

Got the end of game results and SIXTY! 2nd most I have ever had only behind 64 in Iowa. I actually swapped out the 19pt Capt I had on it (sent to Conqueror) for a lower pt one. The ship has the AA module but the Capt does not have BFT/AFT and yet the AA is still insane.

Love this ship!

oJE6X1q.jpg
faPYiP7.jpg
areK2nZ.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,888 posts
10,675 battles
The more I play this ship the more I grow to love it. Make a mistake with a Bb around and back to port early you go. But, if you do it right nothing stands a chance against you.

My best damage score with Minotaur to date. Net credits were 398K+ and I got 16K+ Capt XP. Damn good rewards for Co-op.

lNp4i4G.jpg
J2sz8u2.jpg
lGRMfjE.jpg
Edited by AdmiralThunder

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,868 battles

Congrats @AdmiralThunder the Mino is a very solid ship. Sounds like you are nearly at the level to remove smoke and take in radar now.

You would be used to islands now to fire from and angles to hit things and stay alive. The radar will make it a DDs worst night mare.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,888 posts
10,675 battles
1 hour ago, _greifer said:

Congrats @AdmiralThunder the Mino is a very solid ship. Sounds like you are nearly at the level to remove smoke and take in radar now.

You would be used to islands now to fire from and angles to hit things and stay alive. The radar will make it a DDs worst night mare.

Thanks.

I am a Co-op player and radar just isn't the same kind of tool in that mode as it is in PVP. Bots use smoke but 90% of the time don't stay in it. It ends up mainly covering ships that were behind them while they move through it. It is just short term cover you can wait out. I mean I have used it on bot smoke but not often. I use it more to find bots hidden by islands near the end of the game. Bots also don't stay hidden on purpose either to keep you spotted. If in range they shoot so I don't need it to find a DD shadowing me or anything either. If the DD is there it is shooting at me. LOL

I do use islands to fire from behind and stay undetected. BUT I still need the smoke as bots are not deterred by the rain of pain and keep charging whereas a human eventually turns back (or should).You can get pushed out of the islands pretty easy by a bot push. The smoke really comes in handy in Co-op. Bots have a tendency to pick a ship to target, at the exclusion of everything else regardless of how close they are and how far that tag you're it player is, and every bot, regardless of where it is on the map, shoots at them. I go full stealth build for Mino and rely on the smoke a lot.

When I have the option I usually take the spotter over radar in Co-op  because I find it is more useful. I have had some PVP mains play Co-op with me and give me hell for using the spotter on Des Moines. Try and tell them it is more use for me in Co-op but they freak out anyway. LOL :Smile_amazed:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
On 3/10/2018 at 6:38 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

The quest is complete.

Congrats my friend,

On 3/10/2018 at 7:40 PM, Sovereigndawg said:

@Sovereigndawg oh lord my ears, someone had the computer at work volume all the way up. :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,888 posts
10,675 battles
20 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Congrats my friend,

@Sovereigndawg oh lord my ears, someone had the computer at work volume all the way up. :Smile_facepalm:

Thanks Chaos.

It sort of made my ears bleed a little too. LOL

Sign in to follow this