You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Madwolf05

When the stray BB shell doesn't detonate or citadel your Cruiser

8 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles

Despite you wiggling, being at maximum range, varying speed, and being concealed 5 seconds before the shot was fired: 

Image result for hackerman

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,056 battles

WG actually does seem to add in those "hail mary" dispersion hits - I have seen too many single-shell dispersion outliers not to believe that something is going on. 

I could just be influenced by confirmation bias, but still. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles
1 hour ago, MaxL_1023 said:

WG actually does seem to add in those "hail mary" dispersion hits - I have seen too many single-shell dispersion outliers not to believe that something is going on. 

I could just be influenced by confirmation bias, but still. 

Yeah, it's kind of weird sometimes how it happens. You'll have entire salvo's miss you by a mile, and yet one shell will like heat seaker on your citadel, the only shell to hit you.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
6 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Yeah, it's kind of weird sometimes how it happens. You'll have entire salvo's miss you by a mile, and yet one shell will like heat seaker on your citadel, the only shell to hit you.

Same thing happens sometimes when you shoot, too, though.  Ship disappears, you shoot anyway, and you shrug and go do something else, and then *clang*, the sunk ribbon pops up.

The trick is to also think 'wth, I hit that?' on those occasions, same as the occasions you're receiver of the lucky hit.

Edited by mavfin87

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

You never heard of being touched by an Angel? 

Yes RNGesus Loves you.

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

Yeah this game could do with a little less of that.....

Lil' more consistency would be nice....

Edited by KnightFandragon

[NUWES]
Members
1,661 posts
5,587 battles

I got one of these on a CL day before yesterday, 7 Richelieu shells went to the right (where I aimed them expecting him to turn right), he juked and went left instead and the last shell curled left after him, citadeled him at 17k and sank him. I've had this happen to me in a cruiser too. I am also not sure if it is confirmation bias but this does seem to happen and it sure looks like that stray shell follows you. 

Edited by Tzarevitch

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I've "blind fired" at cruisers beyond my max range (they were sailing into range; no Lock) and hit them for citadels. 

Oddly enough when they're at the edges of max range and I do have a lock they seem unhittable at times... although that could be the WASD hacks.